PDA

View Full Version : what is it going to take to get this rain to calm down?

porgy75
09-06-2011, 05:40 PM
when do you guys think it will be ok to go fishing for stripers and blues again. I tryed yesterday but the wind was terrible. I was using mullet and 8oz, and the waves just kept pushing the bait in.

ledhead36
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Spring :laugh:

finchaser
09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Why not throw 3 ounce metal in a surf like there is out front it's going to take allot more than 8 ounces to hold more like 10 or 12 IMO a waste of time using bait in those rip currents.

jigfreak
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
its going to take allot more than 8 ounces to hold more like 10 or 12 IMO a waste of time using bait in those rip currents.

Yep, just throw a cannonball out there, or your mother in law, take your pick. Crazy fishing in this slop. Stay home and wait it out, get projects done.

storminsteve
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Spring :laugh:

No fish to catch, they are all offshore 150 miles with the tuna and will not be coming back until everyone in America votes Republican.;)

surfstix1963
09-07-2011, 08:22 AM
If you need more than 6 oz. to hold bottom don't waste your time the bait is just rolling on the bottom getting tangled and collecting weed as Fin said grab a heavy tin or a chartreuse bucktail or stay home its that time of the year the storms are rolling in one after another and bait will not be effective in a heavy surf it's plugging time unless the surf is down.I just have this feeling in my bones it will not be a banner year in the surf I think they are gonna stay off the beach this year I would be thinking to hit the inlets hard and the pockets at the inlets starting about now hug that bottom with whatever your using(bucktails or shads)you need to have a variety of weights their is a fine line between going over their heads and losing jigs before it reaches their mouth once you find that weight that is just gliding across the bottom you will catch fish and get it in early I don't want to sound negative but just a gut feeling I've been wrong before.