PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cawley FDNY 9.11.01

jonthepain
09-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Michael Cawley, FDNY, died at the World Trade Center on this date in 2001.

http://www.ffmichaeljcawley.org/bio.html

Please pray for his friends and family.
Thank you,
Jonathan Cawley
(jonthepain)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/MCawley.jpg
Michael J Cawley, FDNY

surfstix1963
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
So many people have had their lives changed with losses of loved ones thoughts and prayers to all of you.

jonthepain
09-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Mike loved to fish
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/MCawleyfishing.jpg

baitstealer
09-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Mike loved to fish
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/MCawleyfishing.jpg

awesome. sorry he is gone.

Monty
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent.
Its been 10 years, but seams like yesterday and I still find it difficult to believe that it happened.

DarkSkies
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I can't believe it's been 10 years either.
May he RIP. Thanks for sharing, Jon.

bababooey
09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers.

skinner
09-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for sharing that, and thanks for having a firefighter in your family.

jonthepain
09-12-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks. lots of firefighters in the family.

great grandfather w h started somerville's fd when he returned from the civil war. engine co #1

never did join myself - they tried for years - but being an alcoholic, i thought better of it.

played on their softball team, tho

Pebbles
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Jon,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

We used to be a secure nation, but September 11th changed all that. One of the most important lessons we learned that day was the true meaning of the word hero.

Those men and women saved countless lives while sacrificing their own. Yet it is so much deeper than that, so difficult to put into words. I often wonder how many of them were holding someone's hand, giving words of encouragement, trying to bring others comfort while surpressing their own fears.

How do we ever thank you and your family Jon, and the countless other families for giving our nation the bravest of the brave, the truest heroes of all heroes'? Thank you is such a simple word for such a selfless act. I hope that knowing your loved one has entered a world of peace and beauty with God somehow brings you comfort. For this life is just a stepping stone to something so much more wonderful than we will ever know here on earth.

Michael Cawley, FDNY, May you rest in eternal peace.

williehookem
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Pebbles you said a very beautiful thing there, and I agree. Thank you jonthepain and the firefighters in your family! Rest in peace for him and all the others who perished.

VSdreams
09-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Thoughts and prayers.

DarkSkies
09-14-2015, 11:53 AM
I wanted to bring this to the top for a remembrance of one of our members here......and his family member......
May you rest in eternal peace......Michael Cawley, FDNY,.

Jon, you and your family have my deepest thoughts and sympathies.....I know you have endured other hardships over the years....as we all have....but these losses are forever......
The only solace I can offer....is to bring up the memories and appreciation we have, of these brave souls who paid the ultimate price for our freedom....mostly unaware of what fate had in store for them, as they woke up that morning......

A heartfelt thanks to all the firefighters, first responders, soldiers, veterans, volunteers, and others out there who put their lives on the line to help others....My most humble condolences to all the families who still bear the pain from those losses.....

May God, in his mercy, provide some guidance to lessen the pain, and help us maintain awareness of these people who made sacrifices........and how much they are remembered and appreciated.....Amen

lostatsea
09-14-2015, 12:41 PM
Sorry for your loss. t&p

cowherder
09-14-2015, 07:15 PM
RIP firefighter Cawley. Sorry for your loss jonthepain.