PDA

View Full Version : More sewage dumping in the Western sound

strikezone31
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Every time the storms come we see this. Get used to it until they float some bond issues to fix some of the outdated sewage plants. This was released a few days ago.

Health officials are urging boaters and beach-goers to avoid the waters off the Long Island Sound today due to a massive sewage spill. The Westchester County Health Department said a failed pump from a treatment facility dumped over 162,000 gallons of untreated sewage into the waters. Water samples have been tested but results have not yet been released.

nitestrikes
09-15-2011, 07:02 PM
It is absolutely astounding to me they can get away with that.

surfstix1963
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I can see the mechanical failures but there should be a back up for those pumps when they fail I really wonder about the maintenance that actually gets done is it sufficient and to update them unless the contractor to do the job is there buddy charges double it gets ok'ed and they kickback the money all looks legit but thats how the govt. works saw it personally on a local level working for them sealed bids my arse.This whole country is done there is no turning back only a higher power can fix it or destroy it now.

williehookem
09-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I can see the mechanical failures but there should be a back up for those pumps when they fail I really wonder about the maintenance that actually gets done is it sufficient and to update them

Definitely agree on this, the only time this gets attention is when there is a sewage spill. That ruins the fishing for us for a few weeks, and then every one forgets about it, back to business as usual.