PDA

View Full Version : Purr-fect house for cats!

DarkSkies
10-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Monty, it's time!
Time for you to get all those litter boxes out of the house.
It ain't normal living with stench, ask me, I should know....:o :laugh:

My solution for you...take part of your IRA, cash it in, and get all those felines in yer house a house of their own!

Speedy and Surfstix have volunteered to make and paint wooden scratching posts for them in their new digs....'

And Finchaser told me he would personally come and feed them every day, if you moved them to a new location....:clapping:

His exact words..."anything for a friend" :rolleyes:

Whaddya say, bro? :don't know why: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/a-purrfect-house-for-cats.html

A Purrfect House for Cats

By Erik Pisor, Inman News
September 20, 2011

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/re/gr2/catleadimage_v2.jpgPet-friendly homes are starting to catch on in Japan.
Photo: Fauna Plus DeSIGN
Does it make sense to design homes to cater to the enjoyment of cat and dog pet owners? Several design firms are grabbing the pet-friendly home idea by the tail and running with it.
The demand is there, at least in Japan, claims Fauna Plus DeSIGN and its director, Keiji Hirose, a firm known for designing a custom home for 16 cats. The heart of the home features a cat-climbing tree that serves as a spiral staircase leading up to a catwalk on the second floor of the unit.
The catwalk forms a zigzag design and can also be accessed via steps that protrude from the wall, similar to House Taishido's shelves. Several of the steps are next to small holes in the walls that lead to other rooms.

See article: Cat House Homes (http://www.inman.com/news/2011/09/16/a-home-thats-fit-a-cat)

Other cat-friendly features of that home include:

a cat-accessible loft that features skylights and windows;
a multistage cube of shelves with cat beds; and
a floor-to-ceiling scratching post column, wrapped in hemp rope.
According to Fauna Plus DeSIGN estimates, the cost to design a two-story, detached wooden home built to cat specifications ranges from 3.2 million yen (about $42,000 in U.S. dollars) for a 20-square-meter space (about 215 square feet) -- on up to 13 percent of the total construction costs for a space measuring more than 50 square meters (about 538 square feet), the company reports.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/re/gr2/catstairs4.jpgNever a dull moment for cat lovers in this house.
Photo: Fauna Plus DeSIGN
If 16 cats weren't enough, the residence also houses five dogs, which are separated from the cats via a glass door. To house the dogs and allow them outside access, Fauna designed a rooftop garden.
The firm is experienced with dog-focused projects, too, as its two most recent projects involved the design of an indoor waterproof kennel for the home of two dachshunds and the remodel of an apartment that houses a basset hound.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/re/gr2/cathouse_v2.jpgExterior photo of "House Taishido" in Tokyo.
Photo: Key Operation Inc.
Features of a dog-friendly home typically include proper ventilation to eliminate hair shed; odor absorbent materials; and a dog shower or toilet. Other dog-friendly home features include: dog-level peepholes in garden walls, pet-door installations in each room, outdoor courtyards in dense urban housing areas, and scratch-resistant flooring.
"For dogs it's ... more difficult (than designing a home for cats)," Koyama said, adding that special attention must be given to materials used for the floors and stairs.
The cost to design a two-story wooden home to dog specifications can range from 3 million yen (about $39,000 in U.S. dollars) for a 20-square-meter space (about 215 square feet) up to 12 percent of total construction costs for a space exceeding 50 square meters (about 538 square feet).
Pet Friendly Houses Catching On
There is a market for pet-focused design, said Akira Koyama, the owner and representative director of Tokyo-based Key Operation Inc., an architecture firm behind a residence dubbed "House Taishido," or "Cat House."
Located in a densely populated urban district west of Tokyo, the three-story, 30-square-meter home features stepping-stone-like shelves that allow the home's feline resident to navigate vertically into and out of the main living room via small openings.
The small openings in the wall lead to other rooms on the first floor.
The cat can also access the second floor of the unit by walking up the shelves and slipping through a slot that functions as a cat-only portal. Freeing up the unit's staircase from cat traffic allows the space to double as a home library, with bookcases and space for reading.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/re/gr2/catwindow_v2.jpgThese cats appear to be lying down on the job.
Photo: Key Operation Inc.
According to Koyama, the house was not initially designed to be a "cat house," and those features took shape later in the design stages.
"It wasn't too expensive (to add the cat features), and was quite fun," he said, adding that the home's design focused on creating a space with rooms of different heights and sizes connected by doorless transitions and windows.
This initial design concept inadvertently made for excellent cat mobility.

Monty
10-03-2011, 06:23 AM
:HappyWave:
What do you think I'm crazy? With the 5 cats we only two rooms set up for them. (first 4 pics are one room, last three are second room. And my waders smell a lot worse than the cats litter. Its all under control, thank you anyway guys :kooky: .
Now if we were building a new house, the stuff in those pics would be great.

http://rocksimpson.com/images/c1.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c2.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c3.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c4.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c5.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c6.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/c7.jpg

speedy
10-03-2011, 08:26 AM
yeah Speedy and Surfstix have volunteered to make and paint wooden scratching post to smack you in the head with
your shot bro

finchaser
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Got to love it, Dark surrounded by birds and your surrounded by pus_y that eats fish

DarkSkies
10-03-2011, 10:25 AM
^^Here we go, look what ya did, ya got the grouch riled up....
I don't know if ya shoulda posted those pics to defend yerself, Monty....I think you just dug yourself a deeper hole.....:scared:

I saved some birds while we were down in Fla...I'll try to post some pics of that and deflect the shots over the bow...:bucktooth: :laugh:...but with not many guys catching fish right now, I'm thinking this thread could become the entertainment of the week....:) :HappyWave:

As for the waders, when you're wearing them do the people in line at 7-11 or Quik-Chek for coffee discreetly move away from you when you're waiting in line with them? If not I got ya beat! :headbang:

You may have more stench from your litter boxes, :upck: but I'm the clear front-runner in the smelly waders contest....:ROFLMAO

storminsteve
10-03-2011, 11:08 AM
What do you think I'm crazy? With the 5 cats we only two rooms set up for them.

Monty, ever hear of the cat lady, the lady who lives alone with 97 cats, in a house away from everyone else so no one knows how many cats she has? ONLY 2 rooms set up for them???? Well, you are the cat DUDE! I hope this doesn't offend, but c'mon now!

Cat pictures all over the wall, is that of their family history and cat relatives from the past? Do you have any old-time cat photo's stored in albums somewhere? And how about that big screen lcd TV, is that just for the cat programs or are you allowed to watch it too? I don't know who is crazier you or dark. You guys are really out there. If you hear sirens in front of your house don't be alarmed, that is just them coming to take you to the funny farm.:kooky: :HappyWave:

Monty
10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Got to love it, Dark surrounded by birds and your surrounded by pus_y that eats fish
:HappyWave: Glad I'm not the bird guy.

I saved some birds while we were down in Fla...I'll try to post some pics of that and deflect the shots over the bow
Least you could do...you started this thread. :HappyWave: :ROFLMAO

I don't know who is crazier you or dark. You guys are really out there. If you hear sirens in front of your house don't be alarmed, that is just them coming to take you to the funny farm.:kooky: :HappyWave:

I do believe its Dark....but I also believe there are more than a few others here who are ahead of me....maybe not Dark on the "lets get that nut to the funny farm list". :HappyWave:

hookset
10-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Monty, ever hear of the cat lady, the lady who lives alone with 97 cats, in a house away from everyone else so no one knows how many cats she has? ONLY 2 rooms set up for them???? Well, you are the cat DUDE! I hope this doesn't offend, but c'mon now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2pMiC4JjA
:clapping::clapping:Do any of these belong to you, dude? Would you like to adopt them- surely you could fit them in in the cat looney house you posted pics of. (Just joking, but Id like to ask you if they all sleep on your head at night, you might want to check if you are getting some brain damage from all the p**** on your head);)
I have to tell you guys this thread is funny as hell, keep it going. Monty do you have any more pics you would care to share?

finchaser
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Definitely DARK, Monty is an amateur compared to DS when it comes to insanity plus he's a nice guy

storminsteve
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Youtube is great!
Monty if you get downsized in this recession, no wories, you can just roll on down to Key West and start again!:ROFLMAO :HappyWave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yysiOeVZsw&feature=related

storminsteve
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Monty do you have them trained to do tricks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNmLuNdiL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_IIbT8HGk&feature=related

cowherder
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow either dark and the stinky waders and bird stories or monty with roomfulls of cats, which is worse? I think you both need professional help, but I did laugh as I was reading the posts, keep it up! Hey I just noticed I have over 1000 posts, do I get anything for that?

surfstix1963
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Over a 1000 posts :clapping: that entitles you to a free trip to Montauk with Dark bring the coffee and febreeze:d:d:laugh::laugh::HappyWave:Don't worry about waders the fish are out in the rips grab the Lazybones Bring big diamond jigs 4-8 oz. should work and a conventional reel that you can underhand cast for squidding gold hammered jigs work better than the chrome plated ones sometimes.Prepare for some sore body parts.Leave the tube diamond jigs home single plain hook.

Monty
10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Hey I just noticed I have over 1000 posts, do I get anything for that?
Not to speak for Dark, but I think he would be OK with this, Your choice, a cat or a pair of used waders.

DarkSkies
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Cowherder, I'm gonna go with Monty's recommendation, though I find it incredible that Monty would give away one of his precious cats...:ROFLMAO

Ya have my thanks for your contributions, especially the "C&R thread".
And everlasting gratitude, that's about the best I can do...
If you're lookin for a prize, here ya go....:moon: :laugh: :HappyWave:

I could offer to share what I know about surfcasting, one hour sitting in the car, with the windows closed....I would be wearing the smelly waders, and be eating 2 hot dogs with sauer kraut and 2 cups of cofffee that you'll be buying me at the 7-11 as a token of appreciation for getting to hear me dispense this knowledge...:kooky:

Or, I could give ya an old pair of smelly waders with holes in em,,,,
or Monty would donate a cat :kooky:

Or....
I could offer ya a night of fishin the surf, hitting some of my best areas, and describing best time and tide to fish em (you would still have to buy the coffee and hot dogs...:cool:)
Only condition, no whining.....the last time I did this with someone, they really couldn't keep up, ended up complaining about all the walking, and were sleeping on the beach and missed the sunrise bite because I wore them out....:rolleyes: so if you got the stamina, take me up on it....and thanks for all, bro! :clapping: :thumbsup:

Sent me a PM if interested.

Monty
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Cowherder, I'm gonna go with Monty's recommendation, though I find it incredible that Monty would give away one of his precious cats...:ROFLMAO

Let's not get carried away here.
I said a cat, not one of mine. I'll find one for ya somewhere if you choose that "prize". Just give me like your 3 top colors for the cat and I'll see what I can find.

finchaser
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
On one of DS's marathons he averages about a 1/4 ounce of fish an hour which equates to less than a short per day.:clapping::ROFLMAO

cowherder
10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Let's not get carried away here.
I said a cat, not one of mine. I'll find one for ya somewhere if you choose that "prize". Just give me like your 3 top colors for the cat and I'll see what I can find.

Aw Monty, I was so counting on you giviing away one of yours, wont' you reconsider?
If so I'll take that as a prize.:HappyWave:

On one of DS's marathons he averages about a 1/4 ounce of fish an hour which equates to less than a short per day.:clapping::ROFLMAO

:clapping::clapping::clapping::laugh: That makes sense too, well I wouldn't be expecting to catch much, it would be nice to meet him and hang out for a bit. But no way woull I accept the smelly waders as a prize!:upck:

bababooey
10-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Aw Monty, I was so counting on you giviing away one of yours, wont' you reconsider?
If so I'll take that as a prize.:HappyWave:

Can't you tell by the pics that monty looooooooooooooooooves his cats?:beatin:I think you have as much a chance of monty giving you one of those furballs as you have seeing dark in a clean pair of waders. Dream the impossible dream.

storminsteve
10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Cmon Monty give up one of your cats. You have so many you probably wouldn't miss one. How many is it now?

wish4fish
10-05-2011, 12:10 AM
But no way woull I accept the smelly waders as a prize!:upck:

dude if u wud i wud be scared i wud never take those waders even tho i know him, that wud be so ghey, lol.

jigfreak
10-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Let me know if you get that cat, dude. There is a Chinese restaurant by me that cooks a great moo goo gai cat. You bring the cat and I'll pay for them to cook it with chili sauce. Yum yum.;) :laugh:

bababooey
10-05-2011, 12:43 AM
:scared:Moo goo gai cat? PM me the name of that place so I know not to eat there.

dogfish
10-05-2011, 01:07 AM

A cat kabob with hoisin sauce would be the bomb.

DarkSkies
10-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I know you're just kidding, I think....You mooks are skewering poor Monty. :scared: Isn't a guy allowed to have a few cats? :don't know why: :cool:
No love for the cat people on this site? http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

Monty
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
So yesterday I thought it was a little crazy seeing Dark trying to give one of my cats away….
Then this morning, well this morning just plain scares me.

Now we know what finchaser does in the time between catching bass, figures out Dark’s Ounce of bass/hour fishing ratio. I would have sent the formula I use to you if you asked.
Ounce of bass per hour = (time fishing/bass/bass weight)/((Samwhich time+ westwind wally video time)/ (∆ get back on jetty time+(watching swan time/fantasizing about swan time))+(getiing yak in and out of water time +√ۗۗۗscouting time)+(travel time+sleep in car time) + (time getting in and out of really stinky waders + time trying to convince Pebbles to fish in hurricane)). This close to what you came up with?:HappyWave:

If so I'll take that as a prize.:HappyWave:?
My cats are not availible (off the table):laugh:
There is a three legged cat where I work, its black and white, I’m pretty sure I can catch it by the weekend and get it to you if you promise you won’t eat it.:ROFLMAO

Cmon Monty give up one of your cats. You have so many you probably wouldn't miss one. How many is it now?
I have five cats last time I checked unless dogfish or jigfreak or Bababooey ate one….or for that matter them all. You guys eat dinner last night? :kooky:
Bababooey, one post you are sticking up for me and my cats….the next post you are eating one….. Would expect nothing less from you.:HappyWave:

Thanks guys for making Dark and me (especially) look “normal”.

surferman
10-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I have five cats last time I checked unless dogfish or jigfreak or Bababooey ate one….or for that matter them all. You guys eat dinner last night? :kooky:
Bababooey, one post you are sticking up for me and my cats….the next post you are eating one….. Would expect nothing less from you.:HappyWave:

Thanks guys for making Dark and me (especially) look “normal”.

Yes I'm with you Monty there are a lot of sick people on this site, the nerve!:beatin:
btw I had a great dinner last night, minute rice and chicken "cat"-a-tori.;)

ledhead36
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Have not seen a response from Dark on this one in a few days. Whats the matter dude, cat got your tongue?:laugh:

dogfish
10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Yes I'm with you Monty there are a lot of sick people on this site, the nerve!:beatin:
btw I had a great dinner last night, minute rice and chicken "cat"-a-tori.;)

:clapping::clapping:I like to pour a little cat-sup on mine.:drool:

storminsteve
10-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Sory Monty couldn't help it!:HappyWave:

Monty
10-07-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread has turned into a Cat-Astrophe

Time to go back to the ranch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

DarkSkies
10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
" My grandfather was a cat herder, it's in our family. You see the movies, ya hear the stories....I'm livin a dream... :kooky:
I wouldn't have any other job, this is the place to be...."

:clapping::clapping::thumbsup: Don't known where the heck you found that Monty but it was great video editing... the theme was a riot :ROFLMAO the graphics are incredible, all we need is someone to stitch a pic of you on one o them horses and it would be classic.... :laugh:

You're a good sport. always down for a laugh or 2, thanks for makin me laugh today, bro. :HappyWave:

I will post pics of me saving those birds in Fla soon as I get a chance, no sense in having all of ya's ganging up on Monty for too long....:cool:

DarkSkies
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Fin and I were talking about this today, and after deep discussion, we unanimously agree.....;)

Monty and his cats are responsible for the lousy surf albacore season so far.....

I'll lay it out for ya's all the evidence so far....
1. He has more cats in his town than any one person, it just ain't natural, I tell ya He says he has 5, but I think he's hiding a few more in some other rooms in his house.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

2. He and his wife baby those cats like kids.......those cats get better treatment than some kids living in rich neighborhoods.

3. Part of that is the best medical care money can buy for those pampered furballs....;) NO walmart food for them, I'm told by my spies that he feeds them the finest food money can buy.....

4. Also, my spies tell me that Monty feeds up to 20 cats a night at local parks and wharf parking lots....:d

5. Which brings us to the tuna and albacore stocks....

6. I have further intel that those boats coming into Manasquan inlet early morning are not just netting the millions of abundant bunker there...they're also netting inshore tuna and false albacore, and bringing them back to the docks when everyone is sleeping...

7. They are met at the dock by a shadowy character, a lone surfcaster who carries 2 tackle bags...:cool: a surfcaster who always fishes teasers, and also heavily fishes plugs made by the notoriously infamous plug builders Rip- Plugger, Surfstix1963, and Speedy....Hmmm I wonder who that could be?...http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png :rolleyes:

8. This phantom buyer, appearing only in the dead of night, comes to the fishing boats with his jeep filled with insulated fish bags, and pays the boat guys twice the going rate for any albacore and skipjacks they bring him...sometimes he will buy as much as 400 lbs of albies for distribution.

9. How could one person use 400lbs at a time, you say? :huh:
I have an answer for that too...my spies tell me he is the kingpin distributor :scared: for all the cat lovers in a fancy cat club in his area......

10 They view him as a legend,:bigeyes: as he is bringing tuna (alleged) for them to feed their cats, at only 30c/lb. Even at that price it's a bargain, priced way less than all the Fancy Feast and Iams chi-chi gourmet offerings....:laugh:

So now you have it,,,,,

Why there are no more albies in NJ.....
As imagined by Darkskies and Finchaser....:rolleyes:
(it's hard to recognize his face with the Indiana Jones hat he wears and those 2 tackle bags covering most of him..... but we have the pics to prove it...)

Monty
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

Sure, go ahead and joke about it. You have any idea how much Albie some of the neighborhood cats eat?
http://rocksimpson.com/images/Albi.jpg

I hear there are Lizard fish around, maybe stop complaining and target them instead of Albies, if you want something besides bass or blues...at least this year.
Cause the cats are eating GOOD.

No Albies for you

bababooey
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
8. This phantom buyer, appearing only in the dead of night, comes to the fishing boats with his jeep filled with insulated fish bags, and pays the boat guys twice the going rate for any albacore and skipjacks they bring him...sometimes he will buy as much as 400 lbs of albies for distribution.

I have an answer for that too...my spies tell me he is the kingpin distributor :scared: for all the cat lovers in a fancy cat club in his area......

10 They view him as a legend,:bigeyes: as he is bringing tuna (alleged) for them to feed their cats, at only 30c/lb. Even at that price it's a bargain, priced way less than all the Fancy Feast and Iams chi-chi gourmet offerings....:laugh:

:ROFLMAO:ROFLMAO

Sure, go ahead and joke about it. You have any idea how much Albie some of the neighborhood cats eat?
http://rocksimpson.com/images/Albi.jpg

I hear there are Lizard fish around, maybe stop complaining and target them instead of Albies, if you want something besides bass or blues...at least this year.
Cause the cats are eating GOOD.

No Albies for you

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::ROFLMAO LMFAO!! That was sick and funny at the same time. Is there something wrong with me if I believed it as I read it and said halfway through, of course it's another ds delusion it can't be true. But what if it was, it could be. Funny as hell. Monty I don't know where you got that pic of that fat cat but you rock!

storminsteve
10-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Wow, no albies for you?
First there was the soup nazi on seinfeld.
Now we have the albie nazi on stripersandanglers.:eek:
Awesome.:plastered: :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Monty, the depths of your humor and quirkiness continue to amuse, made my day lookin at that fat cat. :clapping: :thumbsup:
We should estimate the weight of that cat like a fish, I say at least 10#, what do ya think? :)

finchaser
10-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Monty, the depths of your humor and quirkiness continue to amuse, made my day lookin at that fat cat. :clapping: :thumbsup:
We should estimate the weight of that cat like a fish, I say at least 10#, what do ya think? :)

:huh:there's always 1 big gal in a good cat house:):HappyWave:

storminsteve
10-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Ha ha you shouldn't have said that, now someone will find a pic of a big gurl, and I don't mean striper! Monty that cat is roflmfao funny! I say it weighs 13lbs.

BassBuddah
10-14-2011, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup:This thread has legs, long may it live. Thanks for the laughs.

hookset
10-14-2011, 12:48 PM
:huh:there's always 1 big gal in a good cat house:):HappyWave:

From personal experience? So you like the big gals, do you?:laugh: :HappyWave:

jigfreak
10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
More cushion in the pushin.

finchaser
10-14-2011, 01:36 PM
From personal experience? So you like the big gals, do you?:laugh: :HappyWave:

nope always see it on TV;)

wish4fish
10-14-2011, 02:30 PM
dont be shy finchase i love the big girls both the fish an the chicks the big ones are happy to have u around and never give you crap about going out and fishing and u havent lived until u do the motorboat on the chest of a bit girl, lol monty i like that fat cat and my esstimate of the weight is 16lbs she is really a big bottom girl!

plugaholic
10-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Monty, why are you the albie nazi? Did the surf nazis not have any openings? Were the soup nazi positions all filled? Enquiring minds want to know.

seamonkey
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Were the soup nazi positions all filled? Enquiring minds want to know.

This is insane, you guys are all nutzo! Keep it up I'm bored at work!

bababooey
10-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Ha ha you shouldn't have said that, now someone will find a pic of a big gurl, and I don't mean striper! Monty that cat is roflmfao funny! I say it weighs 13lbs.

Someone was asking for the big girls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgaD616N9ac&feature=related

Remember that the big girls give you a whole lot of love.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_DOA2AL7Q

Love that fat cat Monty, would go great with some chill oil and hot sauce, fried up on the barbie.
Please give us our albies back, that cat looks like he ate enough of them.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-22-2011, 06:51 PM
It's now Oct 22. All the NJ albies have been boxed up, iced on the trucks,
and are in a warehouse in Monty's neighborhood....

We were at the Chatsworth Cranberry festival last week, Monty, I brought some presents for ya! :laugh: :HappyWave:

Monty
10-22-2011, 08:19 PM
It's now Oct 22. All the NJ albies have been boxed up, iced on the trucks,
and are in a warehouse in Monty's neighborhood....
We were at the Chatsworth Cranberry festival last week, Monty, I brought some presents for ya! :laugh: :HappyWave:

That one where they say its the Cat's house is so true,:laugh: :HappyWave:
Here are some pics of the cats I took the other day.
On the top pic every time I say the word "Albie" in front of that cat, she rolls over and gets all cute.
http://rocksimpson.com/images/2011_10_22_Kittens3.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/2011_10_22_Kittens2.jpg
http://rocksimpson.com/images/2011_10_22_Kittens1.jpg

wish4fish
10-22-2011, 08:30 PM
eww u guys r gay! why dont u just get a room or get married or such, dude how cud u live wit so many cats, and dark u r not much better the only puzzy i like is hairless! and i dont mind if they r fat bababooey that was a great video post up some more dude!

DarkSkies
10-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Wish4fish, remember I got a memory like an elephant...aren't there some pics floating around of you passed out on the floor of a go go bar, and being quickly removed from said establishment by the bouncers? http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon11.png :laugh:

I think I could have those pics sent to me with a phone call or 2....there are all kinds of funny stories in the naked city....:HappyWave:

bababooey
10-23-2011, 09:28 AM
wish, Monty is cool, he takes a licking and keeps on kicking.:clapping:
dark is only semi-cool, but I will stick up for him too.:kooky: Harass either of them and I will have some Italian goombahs show up at your door.:laugh:

DarkSkies
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Monty's attack cats!
If anyone tried to burglarize Monty's house, they would be mauled by the attack cats! :laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
12-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Fin and I were talking about this today, and after deep discussion, we unanimously agree.....;)

Monty and his cats are responsible for the lousy surf albacore season so far.....

I'll lay it out for ya's all the evidence so far....
1. He has more cats in his town than any one person, it just ain't natural, I tell ya He says he has 5, but I think he's hiding a few more in some other rooms in his house.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

2. He and his wife baby those cats like kids.......those cats get better treatment than some kids living in rich neighborhoods.

3. Part of that is the best medical care money can buy for those pampered furballs....;) NO walmart food for them, I'm told by my spies that he feeds them the finest food money can buy.....

4. Also, my spies tell me that Monty feeds up to 20 cats a night at local parks and wharf parking lots....:d

5. Which brings us to the tuna and albacore stocks....

6. I have further intel that those boats coming into Manasquan inlet early morning are not just netting the millions of abundant bunker there...they're also netting inshore tuna and false albacore, and bringing them back to the docks when everyone is sleeping...

7. They are met at the dock by a shadowy character, a lone surfcaster who carries 2 tackle bags...:cool: a surfcaster who always fishes teasers, and also heavily fishes plugs made by the notoriously infamous plug builders Rip- Plugger, Surfstix1963, and Speedy....Hmmm I wonder who that could be?...http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png :rolleyes:

So now you have it,,,,,

Why there are no more albies in NJ.....
As imagined by Darkskies and Finchaser....:rolleyes:
(it's hard to recognize his face with the Indiana Jones hat he wears and those 2 tackle bags covering most of him..... but we have the pics to prove it...)

Here ya have it Monty, proof at last....your cats are personally responsible for the poor fall albacore surf bite...and for the steady decline of the striped bass along the whole East Coast.... :kooky: :ROFLMAO :fishing: :HappyWave:

baitstealer
12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
ha ha!

gjb1969
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
hey monty u are not the only guy with more than one i have five cats to and they all give love no matter how bad things get

Monty
12-30-2011, 09:28 PM
hey monty u are not the only guy with more than one i have five cats to and they all give love no matter how bad things get
G, yes, they always do something to make me laugh. Five cats, five personalities. If you need some Albie for the winter let me know, i have the motherload on ice for the winter.

storminsteve
12-30-2011, 10:35 PM
^^Hey Monty, can I order any back alley bluefin tuna with that as well?:laugh: :HappyWave:

baitstealer
01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
you guys are crazy!

skinner
06-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Some SB strays. Monty there are some people

who feed them but they could always use a better home. Feel free to go down and get them. Bring a pencil popper with dull hooks.:d

storminsteve
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Montys new venture, a NJ Cat House!:HappyWave:

Monty
06-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Some SB strays. Monty there are some people
who feed them but they could always use a better home. Feel free to go down and get them. Bring a pencil popper with dull hooks.:d

Montys new venture, a NJ Cat House!:HappyWave:

:HappyWave: :laugh:
The house is already out of control with the 5. The "cat house" I already live in now is FULL!!!, No new ventures (LOL).
Here's the 4 sisters pics, taken today (can't fish this weekend so took a few pics of them :kooky:)

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2012_6_30_kit1.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2012_6_30_kit3.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2012_6_30_kit2.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2012_6_30_kit4.jpg

rockhopper
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
You guys are lame! When I read cat house I was expecting to see something else. Land tuna!:pig:

Monty
06-30-2012, 06:09 PM
You guys are lame! When I read cat house I was expecting to see something else. Land tuna!:pig:

http://www.rocksimpson.com/images/2011_8_29_Kittens.jpg

storminsteve
06-30-2012, 07:30 PM

How about Anne Hathaway? Cat woman?
I think she might live in a cat house.:heart:

bababooey
06-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Now those are cat pics worth looking at.
As for Monty's cats. I hear neighborhood Chinese restaurants are now paying up to $5 a cat. Fat ones like monty has should bring premium prices. Cat foo yung, delish!:ROFLMAO Just kidding monty only wanted to offer you an alternative in case the economy ever goes down on your end.:HappyWave:

cowherder
06-30-2012, 08:55 PM
^ Ouch that is cruel bababooey!

cowherder
07-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Monty a cat festival this weekend. You going?:HappyWave:

http://www.fairsandfun.com/newjerseyfairsandfun.html
Garden State Cat Club Cat Expo and Adopt-A-Cat (http://www.gardenstatecatclub.com/) Somerset,
July 21st and 22nd
www.gardenstatecatclub.com Cat Expo and Adopt-A-Cat
Garden State Cat Club of NJ, Inc. a 501(c)(3) non for profit is holding their annual cat expo Saturday & Sunday July 21 & 22 at the Garden State Exhibition Center, 50 Atrium Drive, Somerset, NJ. This is the largest cat expo on the east coast. It features an Adopt-A-Cat adoptathon in partner with area shelters as well as 450 pedigree and household pets in a CFA licensed cat show.
Visitors will see a tremendous variety of cats in judging rings and in their benching area. 8 different judges working in 8 rings each day. 
Kittens (Kitten Class), Cats (known as Championship Class), Altered Cats (known as Premiership Class) and Household Pets will compete in 5 All Breed & 3 Specialty Rings. All Breed means both short haired & long haired competing for a top-ten final. Specialty means short haired & long haired competing in separate rings for finals. Household pets will be judged in all the rings. There will be a Breed Showcase, Youth Feline Education Program, Feline Agility, Shelter Cat Contest, Adopt-A-Cat, Kids Korner, Meow Mall & Special Presentations.
Show location: Garden State Exhibit Center, 50 Atrium Drive, Somerset, NJ
Show hours: 10 am – 5 pm Sat & 9:30 am – 4 pm Sun
Admission: $10 Adults, $8 Seniors , $5 children 12 & Under, $25 family of 4
Discount coupons: Print out $1 off coupon (one per person) http://www.gardenstatecatclub.com/expodis.html

dogfish
07-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Bunch of women on this site. Stripersandswans, stripersandgeese, stripersandcats. How about we just stick to the stripers. Cats are these annoying furballs. They come into your backyard and have babies. Then if you feed them they keep coming back. I know you love these cats monty but to me they are about as useless as squirrels. Squirrel stew. No offense monty, k?:upck::HappyWave:

DarkSkies
07-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your esteemed opinion Dogfish. :moon:Although I grew up with dogs around the house, Pebbles and I now have a cat too. She ain't that bad....and Pebbles is happy, which is important.....to each his own they say. :thumbsup:

Monty
07-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Bunch of women on this site. Stripersandswans, stripersandgeese, stripersandcats. How about we just stick to the stripers. Cats are these annoying furballs. They come into your backyard and have babies. Then if you feed them they keep coming back. I know you love these cats monty but to me they are about as useless as squirrels. Squirrel stew. No offense monty, k?:upck::HappyWave:
:ROFLMAO Non taken, heck your name is dogfish. You eat squirrel stew? Seems that would be like a mouth full of hairballs.

ledhead36
07-20-2012, 08:35 AM
The guy is from massachusetts monty, what do you expect. They can't even pronounce their r's up there. Hah-bah, stri-pah - Cats are cool one chick I knew had 4 of them. Unless they sleep in the bed and then it gets weird.

storminsteve
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Found a cat pic on yahoo today thought it was pretty cool.

Monty
09-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Found a cat pic on yahoo today thought it was pretty cool.

Great pic :HappyWave:

Here are a few pics of my cats today.
No more fishing pics for me for 2013....Nothing but cat pics I am thinking.
Finished fishing for 2013, shoulder is shot, surgery late October, hopefully ready to fish again in April 2014.
Until then no pictures of Sunrises, Fish or Dead Things......nothing but my cats :wheeeee:

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_9_1_Dana_Daria.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_9_1_Daria.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_9_1_Dana_Danika.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_9_1_Dana_Daja.jpg

storminsteve
09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Finished fishing for 2013, shoulder is shot, surgery late October, hopefully ready to fish again in April 2014.
Until then no pictures of Sunrises, Fish or Dead Things......nothing but my cats :wheeeee:

Wow I am sorry to hear that dude. I wanted to win the dead things competition for the 2nd half of 2013. Won't be half the fun it was if you're not competing.
What's the deal with your shoulder?

Monty
09-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Wow I am sorry to hear that dude. I wanted to win the dead things competition for the 2nd half of 2013. Won't be half the fun it was if you're not competing.
What's the deal with your shoulder?
Partially torn rotator cuff.
Its been bothering me for over a year.
Tried cortisone shot in February, no help. MRI a few months later showed the tear and I was planning on having it fixed around Christmas (fish the fall run). But its gotten a lot worse the last 3 fishing trips where it now hurts almost all the time now and the shoulder seems a lot weaker when fishing with a lot of pain. So shutting it down and not do any further damage.
I was lucky to have a real good year finding dead things (kicked your A** :ROFLMAO )....and also a very good year for me fishing. Lots of fun.
But already can't wait until April.

bababooey
09-02-2013, 04:47 PM
^^^^^Sorry to hear the news. Your dead things posted were legendary. Really enjoyed that thread it is quite unique. Hope the recovery process is not that painful. Ask your dr if he can prescribe fishing as therapy, maybe he might cut you some slack,

Monty
09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Wow I am sorry to hear that dude.

^^^^^Sorry to hear the news. Ask your dr if he can prescribe fishing as therapy, maybe he might cut you some slack,

Thanks, I have fished every Sunday AM since mid March this year, so was lucky to fish that regularly, withdrawal time now.
Supposedly 6-8 weeks with arm in sling and 4-6 months recovery... After these last few weeks I am really looking forward to fishing with a shoulder that is somewhat OK.

albiealert
09-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Sounds like you are going to miss the fall run down there monty. Godspeed with your recovery.

Monty
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Sounds like you are going to miss the fall run down there monty. Godspeed with your recovery.
Thank you, shooting to be ready for Spring

bababooey
09-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Here's a fun fact monty you might be interested.
15% of all internet searches are related to cats. You might not be as kooky as you are portrayed here.:HappyWave:
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/02/15-of-All-Internet-Traffic-is-Cat-Related

Monty
09-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Here's a fun fact monty you might be interested.
15% of all internet searches are related to cats. You might not be as kooky as you are portrayed here.:HappyWave:
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/02/15-of-All-Internet-Traffic-is-Cat-Related
Great fact.
Thank you........I think.....:huh:

bababooey
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
another one for monty:HappyWave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1qHVVbYG8Y

J Barbosa
09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
My cat is HUGE.

19.5lbs weighed on the boga.

All black scares the crap out of my PSEG meter man who is huge but freaked out by my cat.

Monty
09-23-2013, 09:11 PM
another one for monty:HappyWave:

Thanks, great video, captures exactly how a cat thinks and acts :laugh:.

My cat is HUGE.

19.5lbs weighed on the boga.

All black scares the crap out of my PSEG meter man who is huge but freaked out by my cat.

That's a huge cat. You weighed your cat on a boga??:huh:

J Barbosa
09-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks, great video, captures exactly how a cat thinks and acts :laugh:.

That's a huge cat. You weighed your cat on a boga??:huh:

Yes, I placed him inside a bucket and weighed him in the bucket.

cowherder
09-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes, I placed him inside a bucket and weighed him in the bucket.

Dude you are nuts!!!!!!:kooky: :scared:
That's bigger than a Christmas turkey! Can I ask what you feed him?

J Barbosa
09-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Dude you are nuts!!!!!!:kooky: :scared:
That's bigger than a Christmas turkey! Can I ask what you feed him?

we feed him dry cat food...9 lives brand?

He is a 14 year old Turkish Angora all black coat with very long hair...mother was a beautiful white haired Angora who belonged to a doctor couple and friends of the family. What they didn't warn us about long haired breads is they SHED a lot!!

We got suckered into accepting one of the offspring @ 4 or 5 weeks old.

The long hair makes him look even bigger and if we don't comb him weekly the hair is so long it starts to knot on itself.

J Barbosa
12-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Score one for the cats!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_Kpzbs

Monty
12-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Score one for the cats!!!

Great Video! Cats Rule!

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_9_22_Cats_2.jpg

http://rocksimpson.com/images/Dasha2.jpg

Monty
12-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Merry Christmas
Nera and her Furby

DarkSkies
12-25-2013, 10:04 AM
^ Nera looks happy......:thumbsup:

The one in the post above that...with the antlers....not so much.....:laugh: :HappyWave:
Are there any fish tattoos in their future? :kooky: :ROFLMAO
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1417-fish-tattoos/page3
(btw Pebbles and I really liked that fish tattoo pic you sent us )

Merry Christmas to you, yours, and the cat family....:)

bababooey
12-25-2013, 01:31 PM
^ Nera looks happy......:thumbsup:

The one in the post above that...with the antlers....not so much.....:laugh: :HappyWave:

There should be a caption above the reindeer cat. "What the hell am I doing with this on I was promised some fresh tuna and all I got was these antlers!" merry christmas fellas.

storminsteve
12-25-2013, 05:56 PM
bababooey I think there was mention a while back that his cats wont eat tuna. They only eat fresh albacore that he catches and prepares for them a la slice. Very finicky cats they are lol.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
I remember one morning I was fishing and walking to a different spot and I see a guy standing next to a 4 foot x 6 foot piece of Styrofoam.
All of a sudden I see him take out his knife and go medieval on it :viking:.
Only thing I can equate this to is someone who has Tourettes syndrome, except with a knife.
Anyone fishing with a guy like that should keep a good 6-10 feet from him at all times. Maybe some kind of non-mugging/self defense tactic?
Its a crazy world we fish in.

Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for? ;)

Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Monty
09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Yep I agree, that's a dangerous guy, not to be trusted.....
Do ya think it was possible, that he lost the end cap to his rod when he set it down in the styrofoam....to take a leak? and THAT'S what he was digging into the styrofoam for? ;)
Either way, a guy like that sounds unbalanced.... someone you would definitely not want to fish with.....and avoid at all costs....:laugh: :HappyWave:

I still can't stop laughing every time I think about it (laughing now and the cats are looking at me like I'm nuts).

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2014_8_30_Dana_Daria.jpg

DarkSkies
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Monty...the cats are looking at you like you're nuts...because they're a good judge of character....;)

I think we're amped up on a little too much caffeine when we're out there....it's a good thing we're not out having this happen while hunting...out there with loaded guns....someone might shoot a clamshell because he mis-took it for a rabbit. :laugh: :kooky:

J Barbosa
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
...and sometimes the fish just win!!!

dogfish
09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Great cat pic JB are you a cat owner?

DarkSkies
12-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I had some questions, Mr Monty, hope you don't mind....:HappyWave:

1. When your cats control the household, whose house is it, yours or theirs? :rolleyes:
2. Why is it not acceptable to put a cat's head in a toilet when it mis-behaves? :scared:

Monty
12-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I had some questions, Mr Monty, hope you don't mind....:HappyWave:

1. When your cats control the household, whose house is it, yours or theirs? :rolleyes:
2. Why is it not acceptable to put a cat's head in a toilet when it mis-behaves? :scared:

Easy one, The Cats Rule. What they say goes.

http://rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014_10_7_Daria_1.jpg

cowherder
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Hey monty do you still have all those cats? Was surfing the net today and saw this fisherman rescue 2 cats while fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZH4Mr0-Uk

DarkSkies
12-25-2015, 04:26 PM
^ He's still got a menagerie living at his house.....like the old cat lady you knew when you were growing up....
I think last time I was there, he had about 27 cats, a few birds too...it was like Noah's Ark.....;) :HappyWave:

** Disclaimer - the truth may have been embellished above....for entertainment value...:)

Monty
12-26-2015, 04:26 PM
^ He's still got a menagerie living at his house.....like the old cat lady you knew when you were growing up....
I think last time I was there, he had about 27 cats, a few birds too...it was like Noah's Ark.....;) :HappyWave:
** Disclaimer - the truth may have been embellished above....for entertainment value...:)
There are just 4 cats, all sisters (nice C and R with the kittens Cowherder) :).

http://i0.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2015_12_26_Dana_Daria.jpg

cowherder
12-26-2015, 04:36 PM
I had a feeling when I was reading it that it was another one of the DS stories.:kooky: :HappyWave:
Cool beans, 4 cats isn't so bad. So you got them a Christmas card too?

Monty
12-26-2015, 04:45 PM

That would be silly, that was from them.

DarkSkies
12-27-2015, 08:57 AM
;) :HappyWave:

There are just 4 cats, all sisters (nice C and R with the kittens Cowherder) :).

http://i0.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2015_12_26_Dana_Daria.jpg

I had a feeling when I was reading it that it was another one of the DS stories.:kooky: :HappyWave:

That would be silly, that was from them.

I tried to tell ya's he's a little loony, but no one wanted to listen. :kiss::plastered::HappyWave:
(I think his cats talk to him too......they should have told him to stay away from that character "DarkSkies") :laugh:

cowherder
04-16-2017, 11:52 AM
Steve was talking about monty's cats so I'm bumping this ttt.
Don't make fun of his cats you might get cat scratch fever.:blackeye:

Monty
04-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Steve was talking about monty's cats so I'm bumping this ttt.
Don't make fun of his cats you might get cat scratch fever.:blackeye:

Cats are doing great!:HappyWave:

https://i0.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Danika_and_Kohrs_Ice_Cream.jpg

lostatsea
04-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Lol You give them ice cream?

Monty
04-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Lol You give them ice cream?

This one expects fresh ice cream every day.
She waits at the door for me to come home from work with it.
The other three like the ice cream, this one, Danika, is addicted to it.

cowherder
04-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Rofl just a little spoiled.