PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback for this fishing pole stand

madcaster
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM
This is a product I’m thinking about selling. When I use theone I made myself, I am always getting told what a great idea. :clapping:

It holds up to three poles of any lengths, up to 4 sand tube spikes any size and lengthand 2 aluminum angled sand spikes 1” to 1 ½ any length and can be configuredmany different ways.

In the picture there’s a 12 ft , 11.6 ft and a 9 ft.

The rack carries the poles in the horizontal position with ashoulder strap. The rack stands in the vertical position which makes loadingand unloading easy.

When the rack is standing the table can be set up to cutbait or place surf bag on. The table is removableto take it to the water for washing off. The table is 18x8. Table height is 34 “ andyou don’t have to bend over to bait up. You can rest your pole against it as well.

cowherder
10-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Madcaster I don't fish that many rods at a time. If I cary a bait rod too I just sling it over my shoulder. It does seem like a good idea, though simple and easy to carry. About how much does it weigh?

bababooey
10-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Does it come with a googan bucket and cell phone holder?:laugh:
Srlsy, not a bad job, is that a piece of angle iron to the right that you added to support it (the black piece)

wish4fish
10-05-2011, 12:11 AM
dude how much wud u be selling it for?

madcaster
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Madcaster I don't fish that many rods at a time. If I cary a bait rod too I just sling it over my shoulder. It does seem like a good idea, though simple and easy to carry. About how much does it weigh? 6 1/2 lbs

madcaster
10-05-2011, 09:41 AM
dude how much wud u be selling it for?
the price will be $99.00

madcaster
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Does it come with a googan bucket and cell phone holder?:laugh:
Srlsy, not a bad job, is that a piece of angle iron to the right that you added to support it (the black piece)

the table is supported with a pcv tube and a inner wood (hardwood)leg,which sliceds into the tube.

madcaster
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
some more pic's
my freind had a golf cart and wanted it added to it ...it can be taken off for short trips
I'm making a mount for beach carts as well

finchaser
10-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't fish bait but all metal should be aluminum and stainless cause IMO it will rust quickly,otherwise pretty well thought out

madcaster
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
There are 2 coats of marine spar varnish applied to the woodand on all metal and aluminum parts

All the treads have marine grease applied

My personal stand as been outside for over a year and is stillin great shape.

surfstix1963
10-06-2011, 07:07 AM
That would work for the multiple bait pole users who feel they need to fish 3-4 poles at a time.Good idea though you should sell some its a crafty setup.

madcaster
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
That would work for the multiple bait pole users who feel they need to fish 3-4 poles at a time.Good idea though you should sell some its a crafty setup.
I don't bait fish that often but when I do go I use two poles to fish bait and one pole is set up with a lure.

basshunter
10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't fish bait but all metal should be aluminum and stainless cause IMO it will rust quickly,otherwise pretty well thought out

x2 madcaster. this looks like a great idea, it was pretty intuitive to try to come up with something different other than the same ole, same ole, you see out there everyday. The only thing I would be concerned about is rust or corrosion on the metal from the salt water if you used it a lot. Otherwise, I think it is a smartly considered product that fills a niche. Good job!

GOTFISH?
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I have been using this bait stand for over a year and this has made things so much easier for me to fish. Before I got the bait stand I would bring 2 rods which equals 2 rod holders.. One to through some bait and the other for lures. I would tie my rods together and then pole holders together. I would grab my tackle bag and then I would drape the pole holders around my neck as I hiked on the beach. Once I haul my gear to the beach I would start looking for a spot to fish and a piece of wood to cut the bait on...

since I got the bait stand it has made things a lot easier. I can carry everything I need in one hand. Once on the beach.. It is an easy setup. The fold out cutting board sets up in seconds and gives enough room to cut my bait up. One of my favorite things about the stand is that I never have to worry about where to put my fishing pole. This is a great item for a guy like me that is fishing on a budget.

SharkHart
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Looks cool Just to toss an idea out what about retractable spikes to sink it in sand for stability (if im not missing it )

madcaster
10-14-2011, 07:49 PM

I have made tips like this for an added accessory dependingon the sand condition.

madcaster
10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Special thanks to Darkskies forgiving me the opportunity to share this with you all. If you see me at a flea-marketplease stop by. I don’t know where it will take me, but I have other Ideals comingout that I think improve the comforts of fishing.

Thanks Madcaster
www.MattHoff4Designs.com (http://www.MattHoff4Designs.com)

seamonkey
10-16-2011, 11:49 PM
. Are you going to try selling them in the regular flea markets or the fishing ones. There are a couple good ones down in the Cape May area in the fall. If it was me I would try the fishing ones, but you would have to waiot till spring for a lot of them. Good luck to you madcaster

madcaster
10-17-2011, 10:58 AM
. Are you going to try selling them in the regular flea markets or the fishing ones. There are a couple good ones down in the Cape May area in the fall. If it was me I would try the fishing ones, but you would have to waiot till spring for a lot of them. Good luck to you madcaster

they will be fishing fle-markets
Thanks

madcaster
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I started a page
https://www.facebook.com/matthoff4designs

porgy75
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
A lot of people out there have no confidence in a product until they see it inuse. I heard they didn't like colonel sanders kfc chicken and he had to take it to place after place before they agreed to sell his chicken. I wish you the best with your inventions madcaster. Maybe we should call you madinventor, too! Good luck.

madcaster
10-19-2011, 10:44 PM
A lot of people out there have no confidence in a product until they see it inuse. I heard they didn't like colonel sanders kfc chicken and he had to take it to place after place before they agreed to sell his chicken. I wish you the best with your inventions madcaster. Maybe we should call you madinventor, too! Good luck.

I agree, plus the picture doesn’t really show much. Working ona video to put on my web site.

Working on some other items as well, just getting them readyfor the patent pending process.

Robertx201
10-21-2011, 10:27 AM
That's nice good idea

madcaster
11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
more pic's here
https://www.facebook.com/matthoff4designs (https://www.facebook.com/matthoff4designs)

madcaster
11-10-2011, 11:15 AM
You do not need to bea member of Face book to see the pictures. It’s open to the public

www.facebook.com/matthoff4designs (http://www.facebook.com/matthoff4designs)

DarkSkies
03-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I agree, plus the picture doesn’t really show much. Working ona video to put on my web site.

Matt, when I met you at the show I offered to shoot a video of that stand showing the features. Sorry, I didn't realize you already had one on youtube.

Hope it's ok if I post it here for the folks to see. I find that when selling a product that people may not be familiar with, video can be a powerful way of presenting the different features. I think you did a great job on the video....so here is is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dF1BMQ4iSs&context=C45c85e2ADvjVQa1PpcFMJ lU7JAeWcZhdzNqLBuJAiV9OWvRVZSHQ=

seamonkey
03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Silly question madcaster. Are those reels in front of the cart white? They all look the same or is that the sunlight?

madcaster
03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
yes they are white , I painted them to bring more attention to the carrier

madcaster
06-20-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5XWCFOatY&feature=plcp
here's my latest video .....still working on others

and no I didn't catch any thing :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Very informative, Matt...ya even included a PSA about littering at the end....:thumbsup:

Like the graphics and Title fade ins and outs, as well. Good job! :clapping: :HappyWave:

storminsteve
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Great work madcaster.

plugaholic
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Looking good!