PDA

View Full Version : why I hate pier fishermen

jigfreak
10-07-2011, 12:19 PM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.pngCheck out these beaners catching a great white and gaffing it with pier gaffs to bring it up. They thought it was a mako.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wNP_oztkpk&feature=player_embedded

jigfreak
10-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Great white shark was illegally caught, authorities say

August 24, 2011 | 4:16 pm

The California Department of Fish and Game is investigating what it said was the illegal capture of a great white shark, reeled in from the Huntington Beach pier Monday.
In a six-minute video posted on YouTube, a group of people can be seen struggling to pull the bloodied juvenile great white shark from the ocean. The faces of bystanders are not clear, though their voices are.
Investigators from the agency said they seized the shark after receiving a tip from a bystander. A warden who was dispatched to the pier found the men in possession of the shark
A warden initially thought the fish was a mako shark and let the men go. After a second look, the warden realized that it was a great white and caught up with the men at the nearby Newport Beach Pier, where the shark was seized.
Fish and Game Capt. Dan Sforza said the incident is under investigation, and that it is a misdemeanor in California to capture or possess a great white.
Officials declined to identify the men who captured the shark, Sforza said.
The department will forward the results of its investigation to the L.A. County district attorney’s office, which could file criminal charges.
(Here's is video of the shark being captured. Caution: contains obscene language):

ALSO:

VSdreams
10-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Did you hear that guy in the video, "I wanny I wanny that feessh" They stuck so many hooks in it there was no way they could throw it back. They might as well have used a crane to reach down and grab it out of the water. Stupid waste of a great white.

bababooey
05-29-2017, 11:11 AM
Crazy