PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers for the Grouchy Basstard....

DarkSkies
12-07-2011, 12:06 AM
They did one procedure to him today....which should be enough to kick anyone's aZZ....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png but he made it through and will get another one tomorrow...recovery period from 3-6 weeks....so he's down for the count.....but they can't silence the grouch, as he posted tonight....:HappyWave:

So if ya can spare an extra prayer or 2 today....he, his family, and I would appreciate it....
And if ya got questions about reels, rods, custom rods, rigging, gear, or techniques, now (a week or so from now) would be the best opportunity to ask him, as he will be down for the Winter and have a lot of non-fishin time on his hands....feel free to PM, E-mail, or call the Grouch and ask away.....but please don't ask him any questions about OBAMA or DR LUBCHENKO! :ROFLMAO :scared:

We know you're in good hands, OGB, and hope the path to recovery is not as painful as they predict it to be...praying for God to watch over ya.....:thumbsup: hang in there, pal....we're rootin for ya, and looking forward to having you back as your ol grouchy self.....;) :kiss: :moon: :cool: :HappyWave:

Monty
12-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Finchaser, thoughts and prayers sent your way.
Hoping the recovery is quick.

surfwalker
12-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery.

cowherder
12-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Get well soon finchaser. Hoping you are recovered and well in time for the 2012 spring season.

bababooey
12-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Thoughts and prayers, for a speedy recovery.

surfstix1963
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
T&P Bob Get well soon I'll give ya a call Take it easy for awhile will ya.

vpass
12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Fin, Thought , and Prayers, wishing you a speedy recover. Talk to you soon.

fishjay
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
finchaser;

thoughts and prayers from OFFC. wishes for a speedy recovery

gjb1969
12-07-2011, 01:37 PM
get well soon fin

SharkHart
12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
I knew this was coming up this week for him, Good as new by spring!

DarkSkies
12-07-2011, 07:22 PM
You guys are great! :HappyWave:

Got the call from his girlfriend a while ago, he's in good shape, done, and now in recovery....
He'll be moved to a rehab center soon. When I get that info, feel free to PM if you want to visit him in Ocean County....
I'll be taking the ride, if anyone wants to hitch along let me know...otherwise contact me and I'll give the info to anyone who wants to visit him....:cool:

finchaser;

thoughts and prayers from OFFC. wishes for a speedy recovery

Even the OFFC is praying for ya, Ol Grouchy...a post from them is a rarity...so that means ya gotta get better...:)

Please help spread the word, guys, to anyone who may be interested and may not get a chance to read this post, thanks. :thumbsup:

surfstix1963
12-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the info Rich glad to hear everything went well.

bababooey
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Ditto, Godspeed to you for a healthy revovery finchaser.

cowherder
12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Good news, get better soon!

ledhead36
12-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Hope you rest up and are good for the spring finchaser. Best wishes.

BassBuddah
12-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Wishes for a speedy recovery.

DarkSkies
12-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Update, talked to his girlfriend last night, he had just gone to sleep, was in a bit of pain from the surgery.
Got a call from him today, missed it, his message said "You missed the call from OGB, too bad for you!"...that tells me he's regaining his grouchy disposition back, good to hear,,,,:)

clamchucker
12-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Best wishes for a trouble free recovery finchaser.

mick2360
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Fin, Best of luck in your recovery. I've had a couple of nasty surgeries...the pain gets a little less each day. Prayers out.

And Dark, fer the love of Gawd....How about a little H20 and irish Spring before you visit OGB? The last thing he needs is a fish bum walking into the room after a 36 hour run with a haze of gnats following him. :laugh:

DarkSkies
12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
^^ Mick, I've heard of that stuff Irish Spring but never got a chance to use it...is it like an Irish Whiskey kind of thing, or is it Spring water from Ireland? :huh: :rolleyes:
Please fill me in when you get a chance, I'm always anxious to try those new-fangled products on the marketplace....:laugh:

Update...
Talked to him twice today. He was doing the PT the first time, he's on this electronic machine that forces movement for 3 hours a day....:kooky: he was in a lot of pain at first, but the heavy meds they doped him up with are helping him through...that basstard is one tough SOB! :clapping: :thumbsup:

Talked to him again about an hour ago, he was getting a little groggy but wanted to thank all who prayed and are sending him well wishes.

Tomorrow he's being moved to a rehab center....he'll be there for up to a week, so if ya want to call him, he said Sun would be a better time....

And again, if anyone wants to hitch a ride when I go to visit him at the rehab center (after I Google the meaning of the word "Irish Spring")...PM or call me and I'll be the chauffer.....:)

surfstix1963
12-10-2011, 07:51 AM
History
Up until the 1990s, Irish Spring soap bars only came in one scent (known internally as "Ulster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster) Fragrance"), but the Colgate company has since branched out into several niche varieties and scents. Also, Irish Spring deodorants and shaving products were manufactured until the 1980s. In 2007, Irish Spring body wash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shower_gel) was introduced. In addition, in 2011, Irish Spring deodorant was reintroduced as part of Colgate-Palmolive's Speed Stick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Stick) brand of products.
In 1986, the soap changed its formula, including a different scent, and adding skin conditioners.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG/800px-Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Bar_of_Irish_Spring_deodorant_soap.JPG)

DarkSkies
12-10-2011, 05:06 PM
^^ Surf, that was ROFLMFAO funny! :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO
And ya even provided a picture so I know what to look for when I go to the store...:laugh:
Lots of helpful folks on this site, gee whiz thanks...:kooky: :HappyWave:

Thanks for the laughs, bro! :cool:

Update,
just got a text, he's in the rehab center, just got there...maybe not a good time to bother him tonight, but visiting hours are from 8-8 daily, let me know if any of ya's want the info....I might be visiting him early in the week...

As of now, he's got 45% of his mobility back with the exercises he's been doing so far...keep up the good work ol grouchy...:thumbsup:

mick2360
12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Just a point of etiquette, Dark: Is it okay to lather up and shave after taking a nap and a dump in a construction site port a potty? :ROFLMAO

surfstix1963
12-11-2011, 07:31 AM
^^ Surf, that was ROFLMFAO funny! :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO
And ya even provided a picture so I know what to look for when I go to the store...:laugh:
Lots of helpful folks on this site, gee whiz thanks...:kooky: :HappyWave:

Thanks for the laughs, bro! :cool:

Anytime I can help Rich say Hi to GOB from COB and I'll give a call when he is feeling better I know what kind of mood surgery(ies) put you in.

DarkSkies
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks Surf, and thanks for being a COB, we need more people like you in this world....

Update: talked to him today, he's feelin a lot better. The meds have worn off a bit and he's back to his ol self...enough to make an Obama comment when he was being admitted.... that had all the staff (multi-racial) in stitches....yep the ol grouch is back...give him a call, his cell phone is working....

finchaser
12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
thanks for all your thoughts and prayers am still in rehab and may be home on Saturday. As far as DS is concerned I've had a scented picture of him posted in the lobby.Also a guard at my door with a dog.

Later
Fin

DarkSkies
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
^ Don't believe you're up at the keyboard already...:beatin:
Get some rest ya grouchy basstid! :kiss:
And if I DO come in there for a visit, it will be DB Cooper style...I'll be SWAN-diving in from the roof.....:laugh:

Do your exercises and feel better....:HappyWave: