PDA

View Full Version : bucktail fishing on inshore structure

rockhopper
12-11-2011, 03:51 PM
The latest by John Skinner on a kayak, pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DsFVWcGZzQ

stripermania
12-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Skinner is amazing. I think he averages 1 fish every 2 minutes.

Monty
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Skinner is amazing. I think he averages 1 fish every 2 minutes.

From the videos I have seen I think he catches a fish on every cast.....He is a catching machine.
Must suck, wheres the challenge? Heck, when I have a few skunk trips in a row and finally catch a bass I feel like I won the lottery, its a joyous occasion:wheeeee:

storminsteve
12-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I agree Monty, there is such a thing as being TOO GOOD! I wonder if he ever gets skunked at all?:huh: Actually, I am thinking he must know that structure he is talking about, know it cold. Each time he casts he must be casting over a giant rockpile. No one can be that good can they?

Monty
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
No one can be that good can they?
Well there is Finchaser.,Legend has him pulling fish out of water where many others, mere mortals, have gone fishless.

Its like the John Skinner fishes opposite of how I normally fish.
I try to catch fish in areas where there are not any.......at least it seems that way.
He seems to be fishing where there is an endless supply of fish.

mick2360
12-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Knows that piece of water like the back of his hand. It is a pleasure to watch him work. Calmer than I'd be when his Penn reel goes halfway through the video...a true gentleman!

DarkSkies
12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Monty, Fin could pull a fish out of a rain puddle, or a cesspool, if there was one in it....;)

As for fishing where the fish aren't...no worries, I think you are one of those subscribers to the surfcaster's code of punishment....:laugh: if it's too easy it ain't worthy of praise...;)

And Mick, you're absolutely right...I've fished the NS where John Skinner fishes...some were saying on another site that it must be fake because there is no water on the E Coast that looks like that....:don't know why:sad for them that they've never experienced the North Shore of LI..some of the most beautiful structure any surf fisherman could ever come across...but it's also treacherous and frustrating as well if ya don't take the time to study it...with rocks as big as volkswagons submerged in the boulder fields....

So to those doubters, and anyone who thinks he makes it look easy, I would say that John Skinner is one of the most outstanding fishermen out there, making it look easy is part of who he is..but it also masks the housands of hours he has put into getting to know those boulder fields, and which ones hold fish at which times...I'll bet he has an extensive set of log books to refer to of all the areas he fishes. And that he knows exactly when to hit each boulder field and hole. Well-done video, congrats to John for being a fisherman who consistently gets into fish....:clapping:

DarkSkies
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Present for ya, Monty, Happy Holidays!

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?4262-Original-Fishpoem-contest&p=55381#post55381