PDA

View Full Version : what makes a GOOG fisherman?

stripermania
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I have seen threads where you fellas make fun of the googans here. Always make me laugh. I think we all start out as googans, at least I now realze that I did a lot of googan things. What keeps guys at the googan level?

To me the #1 thing for that, is not being willing to listen and learn, try new things.
Any other thoughts?

jigfreak
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Right on Steve. Learn to fish bait less. Don't rely on it other when you have to during cold water times like spring. Fish artificials more. Learn them well. Don't whine when you are not catching. Take the lessons from a skunk and re-apply, by learning what not to do and keeping a log. Find the times when its best to fish and fish them hard.

fishinmission78
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Never turning off your headlamp.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png
Especially when talking to another guy on the beach and shining the light in his face.

finchaser
01-02-2012, 04:57 PM
one word DarkSkies

DarkSkies
01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
^^ Har de har haar you are so witty, ain't ya ya grouchy bastid? :moon: :2flip:
You ain't supposed to be spending time on the internet yet,,,,,get back to your rehab or I'll call Atilla the Hun and tell her you need more knee exercise time.....:laugh:

bababooey
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
one word DarkSkies

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
01-20-2012, 12:56 PM
^^^^ OK you frikkin mooks you asked for it....
:2flip:

A googan fisherman is one who carries a GOOGAN bucket....
I heard so much chatter about that bucket I did a search on here for the pic of that Darkskies Googan bucket...Couldn't find the pics yet, so I dug out the old bucket, re-inked the old letters with magic marker, and took some pics...I'll try to post them soon, along with a new WW Ralph video ranting about googans...(PS Wally is still missing, or presumed drowned, 4 plug reward to anyone who finds him.....:laugh: :kooky:)

paco33
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Eagerly awaited.:laugh: :HappyWave:

madcaster
06-20-2012, 05:59 PM
What is a googan?

DarkSkies
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
^^ Madcaster....go to Google....do a search...either there, or on this site.....a pic of Monty will come up......:laugh: :HappyWave:

storminsteve
06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
:clapping:post 9
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1877-fishing-terms-dictionary&highlight=googan

Monty
06-20-2012, 10:32 PM
^^ Madcaster....go to Google....do a search...either there, or on this site.....a pic of Monty will come up......:laugh: :HappyWave:

:ROFLMAO Ya snuck that one in there.

DarkSkies
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
^ You know I love ya like a brother.....but I can't let a googan reference get away without taking a swing at the treasure trove of Monty Googan stories.....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Steve thanks for the link, we must continue to remember the past, so we don't repeat it....;)

madcaster
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
They (the goog)must hold their meetings at my beach all the time

surfstix1963
06-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Well it starts with a bucket;) then casting a plug up in a tree to get a broken branch down,which is followed by a hook in the finger & a trip to the hospital :eek: and then ________

Monty
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Well it starts with a bucket;) then casting a plug up in a tree to get a broken branch down,which is followed by a hook in the finger & a trip to the hospital :eek: and then ________
:HappyWave:Threw a plug last Sunday for 15 minutes without a hook (in the water, not a tree) .....:kooky:
Could not believe I was missing so many hits.:huh:

finchaser
06-22-2012, 05:04 PM
:don't know why:fish with Darkskies and experience the true meaning of the word, some people remain googans all there lives enough said

basshunter
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
ha ha now that is funny right there!:laugh:

DarkSkies
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
:don't know why:fish with Darkskies and experience the true meaning of the word, some people remain googans all there lives enough said

I'm so shocked at that statement I'm at a loss for words.....:2flip: :moon: :kiss:
:HappyWave:

I heard you told the story how I stunk up your van, over the weekend...it seems you get a lot of mileage at Holiday parties out of my stories.......maybe I should start charging a licensing fee,.....:laugh:

Monty
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I heard you told the story how I stunk up your van, over the weekend...it seems you get a lot of mileage at Holiday parties out of my stories.......maybe I should start charging a licensing fee,.....:laugh:

Would be a cash cow.:HappyWave:

finchaser
06-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm so shocked at that statement I'm at a loss for words.....:2flip: :moon: :kiss:

Nope Shelly told it

storminsteve
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Dark Skies - the Googan Chronicles -

(announced in an Rod Serling voice)
Join us tonight as we travel across the galaxies, beyond the outer limits, beyond the twilight zone, to a place where time and space are furled around in a jagged continuim.
A place where the smell of stale sweat and fish scales, and pissibly the remnants of urinatioon, all combine for a pungent scent. that of a NJ surfcaster making his mark on society.
A place whre the cows only come out at night.
And the milk flows freely from male striped bass.:upck:
A place where various liguid substances, coffee, caffeine, energy drinks are consimed in mass quantities as the psycho surfcasters prepare to venture out in the night to do battle.:viking:
A place where the stench of old sweat, jetty slime, mussel and urine stink, is overpowering once the sun comes up.
And you hope for a west wind to blow some of it away.
Yes folks we have entered the S&A Googan Zone!

Dark Skies, not only a member but President!
Monty, the ever present Vice President!
Finchaser, the grouchy old sergeant of arms!

(Dark you know I couldn't resist! Tight lines catch em up dude!)

dogfish
06-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Googansandanglers.com
Sounds kind of catchy.:bucktooth: Come on up to MA, dark, fish all over. Large. :HappyWave:

Monty
06-25-2012, 11:09 PM
:ROFLMAO

Used to watch the twilight zone, its very easy to imagine that being said in his voice.
"And you hope for a west wind to blow some of it away." West wind Wally to the rescue
Creative warped mind SS
:laugh:

surfstix1963
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
:laugh:
:HappyWave:Threw a plug last Sunday for 15 minutes without a hook (in the water, not a tree) .....:kooky:
Could not believe I was missing so many hits:huh:.Ok last time the ones w/o the hooks are for broken branches the ones with the hooks are for the fish :HappyWave::laugh:

DarkSkies
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Would be a cash cow.:HappyWave:

IF ONLY I could get paid by the word, Monty.....:laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Dark Skies - the Googan Chronicles -

(announced in an Rod Serling voice)
Join us tonight as we travel across the galaxies, beyond the outer limits, beyond the twilight zone, to a place where time and space are furled around in a jagged continuim.
A place where the smell of stale sweat and fish scales, and pissibly the remnants of urinatioon, all combine for a pungent scent. that of a NJ surfcaster making his mark on society.
A place whre the cows only come out at night.
And the milk flows freely from male striped bass.:upck:
A place where various liguid substances, coffee, caffeine, energy drinks are consimed in mass quantities as the psycho surfcasters prepare to venture out in the night to do battle.:viking:
A place where the stench of old sweat, jetty slime, mussel and urine stink, is overpowering once the sun comes up.
And you hope for a west wind to blow some of it away.
Yes folks we have entered the S&A Googan Zone!

Dark Skies, not only a member but President!
Monty, the ever present Vice President!
Finchaser, the grouchy old sergeant of arms!

(Dark you know I couldn't resist! Tight lines catch em up dude!)

Steve, just noticed your song, this is priceless! :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
thanks so much for the laughs....Very creative. :HappyWave:

skinner
06-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I think you should put that to music and post on youtube.

storminsteve
06-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Your welcome dark. What can I say, you and finchaser offer so much comedic material it's inspiring.:rolleyes:
My next attempt may be the Saga of Dark and Finchaser, complete with smell-o-vision.