PDA

View Full Version : Stripers and Anglers.com, the no whining site! thanks for everything!!

cowherder
01-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Dark and his wife Pebbles for allowing us to come into their living room, (so to speak) I see a lot of whining and self-indulgent look at me posts during the season and now that the season is over more whining.
Dark I thank you for not allowing that here and the opportunity to pick the brains of many of the hardcore fishermen here via PM. Too many to list, surfwalker, monty, finchaser, surfstix, speedy, clamchucker, dark, and more have helped me through PMs or with sharing your vast years of experience here. You guys have helped me to become a better fisherman and think of why I catch more on some nights as opposed to others.

Thanks to all and I really appreciate it more than you know. :thumbsup: :clapping::clapping: :HappyWave: :fishing:

storminsteve
01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes thank you to DS and Pebbles, and the other folks here. Nice bunch, I also can't stand the whining or pettiness you see elsewhere. I also can't stand people who whine about not catching. If you try and don't catch, that's find, do some searching and you will learn, and get better. If you want someone to bring you to the water, cast your rod, and guarantee you a fish,, you are not a true fisherman. Most of us know that you have to put in your time. I have had a good year and a lot of skunks too. That comes with being involved in the sport.
I also now know quite a few of the regulars out there, thanks to this site. And the info DS has imparted to me on fishing and life in general has been invaluable. Others. like you mentioned Cowherder, have posted such a vast level of experience and know how here. If you did a serious search here for all the threads on how to catch something, and apply it with regulaity, you WILL catch fish.
I hope you don''t think that was whining Cowherder, as I really like all the folks I have met here. Thank you.:clapping: :HappyWave:

jigfreak
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Yup I agree and if I have offended anyone here last year I apologize. Like Steve said above there is a wealth of info on here, all you have to do is search. I take offense with the guys who don't want to work, for what they get. No one ever gave anything to me I had to earn it. I will try to be nicer this year. I like the site, real people and real fishermen, and real smelly ones too. Just kidding dark.:HappyWave:

baitstealer
01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Me too thank you for everything!

clamchucker
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Very well stated cowherder, and you are quite welcome.

plugaholic
01-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Def agree, this is a great site! Thanks for all.

surfstix1963
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I enjoy the site I have been on others and tried to participate but it just seems they have their own clique and I stray from them perhaps they should just have a private site for their members,I have been on some that blatantly tell me not to post my plugs they are not welcome here because they have an issue with the seller of the kits I build which is childish to me.I have said it on here quite a few times I am not the best fisherman nor do I want to be I want to enjoy my sport pass along some info and if it helps some great I will never consider myself the best because after all the years at this there are people I look up to and can still school me Ed,Bob,Vince, Monty,Rich and others I'm sure, Speedy and I have had extensive talks about plug building he is quite good at what he does he is a good guy.Just enjoy it.Thanks Rich & Pebbles.

jonthepain
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
dittos to all that!

7deadlyplugs
01-05-2012, 08:42 AM
I have been on some that blatantly tell me not to post my plugs they are not welcome here because they have an issue with the seller of the kits I build which is childish to me.

I have said it on here quite a few times I am not the best fisherman nor do I want to be I want to enjoy my sport pass along some info and if it helps some great I will never consider myself the best because after all the years at this there are people I look up to and can still school me Ed,Bob,Vince, Monty,Rich and others I'm sure, Speedy and I have had extensive talks about plug building he is quite good at what he does he is a good guy.Just enjoy it.Thanks Rich & Pebbles.

I think its stupid when people won't allow you to promote plugs. After all most guys who build only build a few at a time. I can see if you are superstrike or RI poppers or something like that, then that is a business and you should pay. To hassel the small guy is petty and cheap!

As for not being the best, boy you sure are humble. I have been following your posts for a few years here and you seem to know exactly what to do and what to fish, when the fish are in certain areas. That in my opinion takes a lot of skill and going to the school of hard knocks. You know a lot about artificials and the best presentations. You may not be the best but you are certainly someone who has a lot of knowledge and skill. Good luck to you and hope you can get back to fishing this year. Love your plugs and also thanks Rich and Pebbles for hosting this great site. May you all have a good year going forward.

surfstix1963
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks 7 I am at a point now where if I do get out there its not about a 40,50 or 60 it is just being out there again even if its just a walk down the beach with a rod over my shoulder.

skinner
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
it is just being out there again even if its just a walk down the beach with a rod over my shoulder.

Amen.

wish4fish
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
i agree but i know the real dark he is too mellow now he used to throw ppl in the water when they effed with him that was a lot more fun. good luck and keep it rico suave you googan!