PDA

View Full Version : Check these plugs out!

xtreme_visions
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
1ST CUSTOM PLUGS IVE PURCHASED. JUST GOT THEM IN THE MAIL TODAY! AMAZING LOOKING PLUGS! CANT WAIT TO LAND SOME NICE FISH ON THEM AND POST PICS :d

IM NOT DONE YET! GONNA BE MORE THEN READY WHEN THAT NICE WEATHER ROLLS AROUND :headbang:

xtreme_visions
02-03-2012, 08:21 PM

storminsteve
02-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Dude 3 months ago you were posting pics and reports about bait and piers. Now you are posting plugs. It would appear that you are really hooked! There is no turning back. Welcome to the addiction.:laugh:

xtreme_visions
02-04-2012, 12:15 AM
:scared: thanks steve and your right! i wasted tons of money on bait several times a week and never caught ****! curious to know how long it took others to make the switch? for me it took a little less then a yr as i started saltwater fishing in march 2011. i think :huh:. either march or may. 1 m or the other :ROFLMAO

DarkSkies
02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Xtreme, I have fished the salt for many years, since I was 12. After I finally made the committment to artificials, I caught small bass, but a keeper eluded me....and I worked real hard at it, but the learning curve was steep, as there was no internet to help me along....I'm thinking you may get your keeper a lot sooner than that 2 year timeframe...guess it was a good thing that ya ran into that Darkskies smelly wader dude.....:laugh: :HappyWave:

xtreme_visions
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
yeah.... it sure was a good thing u took the time to stop and talk to me that day :cool:

madcaster
02-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Nice catch:drool: ...don't use them for blue fish:HappyWave:

vpass
02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Nice catch:drool: ...don't use them for blue fish:HappyWave:

That right Xtream, don't use them for blues. Fish them slow and not in the day to avoid them. you still get a few.

Nice to see you hooked. I haven't fish bait in almost 12 years now. I use to fish bunker alot and plug once in awhile.

dogfish
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Just don't tell your wife the real prices you paid for your gear.

jonthepain
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
those plugs look great!

gjb1969
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM
oh yes keep the price to your self the ladies will look at you crazy i opened my mouth once :rolleyes: wont do it again:rolleyes:

seamonkey
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
^ So true gjb! Nice plugs extreme

xtreme_visions
02-06-2012, 11:33 PM
:fishing: she has been getting a good laugh out of my new addiction as i keep coming home with plugs and receiving packages in the mail :ROFLMAO

lucky for me she likes fishing also :cool: got into saltwater fishing last year with her. thats how i met dark. out fishing with her :headbang:

storminsteve
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
:. thats how i met dark. :headbang:
My condolences, did he talk your ear off?:scared: :laugh:

jonthepain
02-07-2012, 04:51 PM
pffft. they left but he's still talking to them...

xtreme_visions
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
he was very brief. i find him to always b in a rush :kooky:

guess u can say i get quality not quantity :cool:

porgy75
02-08-2012, 08:11 AM
My condolences, did he talk your ear off?:scared: :laugh:

Is this an inside joke or something, does he talk that much? I have a friend who isn't working right now. He talks so much whenever he calls I have to have someone call me from the other room to cut the conversation short. btw those are very nice plugs extreme visions, hope you catch a lot of fish on them!

gjb1969
02-08-2012, 09:55 PM
yes and sometimes more but hes still a good dude!!

Rip-Plugger
09-19-2012, 05:49 PM
1ST CUSTOM PLUGS IVE PURCHASED. JUST GOT THEM IN THE MAIL TODAY! AMAZING LOOKING PLUGS! CANT WAIT TO LAND SOME NICE FISH ON THEM AND POST PICS :d

IM NOT DONE YET! GONNA BE MORE THEN READY WHEN THAT NICE WEATHER ROLLS AROUND :headbang:

if your plugs look nice/shiny,then you are not catching.
let them get scarred and beat to hell,they work/look better that way.
I love battle scars,they speak for themselves.

R-P

Rip-Plugger
01-01-2013, 01:31 AM
well xtreme,

how did those plugs work out?
you posted them in february,it's jan 1st now,so,lets see/hear whats up,,,,,

R-P

xtreme_visions
01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
They look good...That's about it lol :banghead2:

They never swim right and I don't even bother with them anymore because I have to adjust them ever other cast

madcaster
01-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Do you mean that your bending the the front loop up or down ?

xtreme_visions
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
If I recall correctly I bent them down.

finchaser
01-13-2013, 10:10 PM
yes up makes plug swim deeper down makes plug swim higher when tuning a plug never bend the metal lip

Rip-Plugger
01-14-2013, 02:04 AM
They look good...That's about it lol :banghead2:

They never swim right and I don't even bother with them anymore because I have to adjust them ever other cast

well X,you have to tune them to swim correctly.you have to actually bend the eye a bit up or down and a little at a time to get them right.
to make them swim on surface you'd have to bend the eye down a bit at a time till it's the way you like.you can also bend the eye up a little bit at a tiem to make it swim subsurface or at a point it can do both.you have to tweak them.
like spark plugs,thay are not set in the box,you have to set them.

I'll take them off your hands,i always have room for another plug even though thats the last thing I need.
will give you more room for new stuff.

R-P

DarkSkies
01-14-2013, 09:33 AM
like spark plugs,thay are not set in the box,you have to set them.

I'll take them off your hands,i always have room for another plug even though thats the last thing I need.
will give you more room for new stuff.
R-P

If more folks would pay attention to how their plugs swim they could double their catches.....:learn:
No wonder they call you a sharpie, Roddy.....:HappyWave: thinking outside the box has paid off for you many times....:thumbsup:

(But I already beat ya on the offer, called him yesterday afternoon offering to take those "defective plugs" off his hands.....:laugh: )
Actually, after I found out Finchaser had tuned them for him., I kind of yelled at him :argue: and got him to promise to give those plugs some more patience and effort.:fishing:..before one of us "takes them off his hands" ;)

jigfreak
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm third in line if you dont want those plugs extreme. I'll see to it they are disposed of properly. Let me know.

finchaser
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
they swam perfect after i tuned them left a hugh V wake. He reels too fast I told him they are calm water surface plugs. You must reel slow and when you think your reeling slow reel slower especially with his high retrieve Penn Battle. RM's do not track well in moving water they are like Gibbs danny plugs they like calm water and a slow retrieve. Me i'll stick to my Siagon slammers when I fish wood. Wood is good but day in and day out IMO plastics better

xtreme_visions
01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Hey fin hope all is well. I had the drift of those lures after your lesson. Even if they don't work in my favor I will never let go. 1st plugs I owned.:fishing:

xtreme_visions
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
So busy these days but I'm glad I got out the other day. Glad you gave me a call dark. I'm not sure what the record is so far but I clocked you at 1 sentence for 31 min :cool::clapping: I plan to get out again this weekend. And obey all laws :HappyWave:

madcaster
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I thought the wire might be to thin to hold the postion ??? maybe add a little expoy to hold it in place ..just a thought

finchaser
01-15-2013, 11:59 AM
there RM Smiths the wire is vey heavy Donnie reels tooooooooooooooooooo fast

Rip-Plugger
02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks everyone. Hey fin hope all is well. I had the drift of those lures after your lesson. Even if they don't work in my favor I will never let go. 1st plugs I owned.:fishing:

you will never let go?,,,well then we will just have to take your gear,cut your arms off and fish sharks with them from the beach!

R-P

speedy
02-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Xtreme, I have fished the salt for many years,
and smells like it too ......:upck::upck::laugh::ROFLMAO:laugh:

DarkSkies
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM
^ Ya never know when I'll make another midnight run down to your place to :moon: ya..........:laugh: :HappyWave:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7752-A-visit-to-Speedy-s-Castle

surfstix1963
02-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Get there before me, I have to find my pants with the big pockets..

speedy
03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
do not track well in moving water...... mine do !!!!!!:dribble:

speedy
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM

14836whats the weight of them bro