PDA

View Full Version : A Visit to the Old Grouchy Basstard's Cave....

DarkSkies
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
I hadn't seen him in awhile.
Missed visiting him in the hospital and the rehab center...yeah, I s*ck.....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon11.png

He guilted me on the phone and reminded me that he had 2 operations and I still hadn't come to see him....yup, it worked, and went down to see him on Fri...

I'll post some of the narrative and what we did, when I get a chance...

The Highlights...
In the meantime, just know that I drove him around to a few places..
He made me drive because he said he couldn't ( I had been fishin the night before, I think the real truth was that he didn't want me stinkin up his nice clean truck....:upck:

He also sprayed me with febreze freshener the second I walked into his house....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png
(maybe I should get the hint to take a bath more often? :scared:

Had a great time though....got to meet some of the old-time surfcasters at Castaways B&T...at one time there were about 300 years of Salt Water Fishing experience among all the guys who came in there to hang out and bust balls.....:HappyWave:

cowherder
02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
300 years of salt water experience? Looking forward to the rest of the thread, dark.
Hope you are doing ok finchaser.

storminsteve
02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
He also sprayed me with febreze freshener the second I walked into his house....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png
(maybe I should get the hint to take a bath more often? :scared:

I'm most interested in hearing about this part.:ROFLMAO
Hope you took some pics.

finchaser
02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Yep guilted him into coming down mainly to get the TV I gave him a 1 1/2 months ago off of my pool table.

I did spray him down with extra strength Febreze (the one they advertise on TV with the blind folded people, it did little for him)mainly because I was taking him to breakfast
The part about me not being able to drive was for the day before but I extended 1 more day so I suffered through the nauseating smells in his vehicle caused by his wet clothes and what ever else grows in there. End result my truck was saved.

A few secrets from the 300 years of experience were shared with D'S along with some pictures that adorn the shop. Today we all laughed about the foul smell that lingered in the shop after his departure.

Cowherder I am doing just fine almost back to normal thanks for asking.

mick2360
02-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Wait, that smell wasn't from rotten clams???? :ROFLMAO

DarkSkies
02-28-2012, 11:26 PM
A few secrets from the 300 years of experience were shared with D'S along with some pictures that adorn the shop. Today we all laughed about the foul smell that lingered in the shop after his departure.

It was an honor to meet some of your pals....these guys are part of surfcasting history, and got the stories to prove it...hope to get the rest of the story down here soon...and yup the grouchy basstard DID spray me down with Febreze....:2flip:

Mick, the rotten clams are home in the freezer in a salt solution...saved for special occasions....:laugh: :HappyWave:

finchaser
02-29-2012, 08:59 AM
It was an honor to meet some of your pals....these guys are part of surfcasting history, and got the stories to prove it...hope to get the rest of the story down here soon...and yup the grouchy basstard DID spray me down with Febreze....:2flip:

Mick, the rotten clams are home in the freezer in a salt solution...saved for special occasions....:laugh: :HappyWave:

Clam chowder or fish head soup??????????????????????????????????????

dogfish
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
^ Throw in some fromunda cheese and dingleberries and you got yourself a meal.:drool: