PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Beach Fishing Flea Market

DarkSkies
03-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Saw Chumbucket....
:HappyWave:
From what I was told it was the first year for them. Pretty decent turnout considering the building was tucked off the main drag....

:clapping: :clapping: to the Bradley Beach Club and the Bradley Beach Fire Dept for the effort and being all over at once to see that everyone had a good time,,,.
There were a lot of good deals available today if you were looking for used gear and closeouts...

Will try to post up some more later when I get a chance....
Who went?

surferman
03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
It was too far for me. There is one in Cape May next week. You should come down.

wish4fish
03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
got pics dark?

stripermania
03-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I was there I had a Giants hat on. I thought it was pretty well laid out. As dark said the deals on used stuff were pretty good. I got a used penn greenie for 40. I was happy with that and they had some real cheap shads for $1 and $2 stocked up on them as well.

bababooey
03-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I got in about an hour before they closed. They did a good job for their first year. Didn't notice any manic, obsessively talkiing dude running around, except for Scotty from Lex Lures. Could it be that I missed an official Darkskies appearance?:rolleyes: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Bababooey....:2flip: :moon: :HappyWave:
Stripermania, I noticed a lot of closeout prices on shads and Fin-S too, pretty good deals...
Spent all of my $20 budget $$ this time....

Talked to Dennis from the BBFC and I think he's on the Fire Dept there as well...:HappyWave:
Any show that has it's first year is bound to have some glitches or have some folks grumbling...
The worst thing was, is that it was tucked in off of the main street,,,but they did have an electronic billboard, and some members and firemen out front with signs pointing where to go.

Dennis said there was a good amount of interest, that some vendors couldn't be accomodated, and that next year they may be looking for a bigger venue...maybe the Taylor Pavilion....

I think, for the first year, they all did a great job, nice to meet everyone, and good luck in the future...:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
The venue - Banquet Hall

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
New kid on the block...CM Custom Plugs

Met Clyde, Woody, and a young lady who was with them...
I had never heard about CM plugs before, don't know anything at all about how the plugs swim as I have no experience fishing them....

Clyde told me they were doing this for a few years now, plugs among friends, and recently decided to make a go of it as a business....

I asked Clyde if he test swims every plug he makes, before he packages it for sale...
He looked at me point blank, without hesitation, and said, "yup, always"

There are actually some established builders who have confided to me they sell their "sloppy 2nds" that don't swim right, on e-bay....

So the fact that Clyde was so quick with an answer, is probably a good indication of his honesty.
Nice to meet ya's, good luck with your business!

He said the price range was from $14-$26

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Sinkers 3B
Nice guy making sinkers, and jigheads.
First time I had ever met him.

He's got some good stuff for guys fishing the bridges, a 2oz sinker with big hook that you can thread a white or chartreuse shad on....prices from 50c to $1 per jighead, some coming with Gami hooks..

Here's his info...15019
He sells sinkers, and jig heads

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 04:05 PM
He also has 500 lbs of dive weights for sale, 2,3,and 4lb weights, various colors,

$2/lb, no minimum purchase, no shipping, you have to meet up with him or catch him at the markets...

DarkSkies
03-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Chumbucket Customs --

Almost anyone who buys custom plugs in NJ knows of Chumbucket (Matt)
He's been doing this for about 10 years now, and not only does he make the plugs, he fishes them hard, and by virtue of that knows what's needed to make a good plug....

For a long time he wasn't selling anything, donating his creations to various gigs.
His painting was elaborate with 5-7 colors usually coloring each plug...amazing level of detail.

I say this because I know him and know he won't be embarassed by it, but IMO that level of detail, puts the plug in the realm of the collector, and not the fisherman..but now he's making and selling plugs... to be fished...

Nice to meet ya again, Matt, and good luck for the year (BTW he was completely sold out by 11:30am)

basshunter
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow those chumbucket plugs are nice. Does anyone know how much he was asking for them?

DarkSkies
03-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Basshunter, I think the price range is around $15-25...not exactly sure....hope that helps.

John and Bates from the BB Fire Dept out on the street pointing folks in the direction of the market...nice to meet ya's..
:HappyWave:

hookset
03-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Bump for the flea market on sat 9-2.

plugcrazy
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I'll be there if you see a guy with a Devils jersey say hi.

plugcrazy
03-20-2014, 05:52 PM
The address, I read it is from 9-2.
March 22, 2014
Bradley Beach Fire House, 815 1/2 Main st., Bradley Beach, N.J. 07720
Contact is Bob Crelin new beginnings1939@gmail.com (beginnings1939@gmail.com)