PDA

View Full Version : profile swimmer with washers

madcaster
04-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Still needs swim test .
Very curious to see how the whole in the washer will affect the action of the plug :huh:
6" long
weight 2.5 to 3 oz ish
only one has a quarter for a lip
:HappyWave:

speedy
04-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Still needs swim test .
Very curious to see how the whole in the washer will affect the action of the plug :huh:
6" long
weight 2.5 to 3 oz ish
only one has a quarter for a lip
:HappyWave: all i can say is.....W O W ....!!!!!!!!!!!!! w t g . b r o ..... don`t think the hole will hurt it they are ss washers right ,, if the hole is a problem fill the hole with epoxy should be fine bro very nice job bro ...

DarkSkies
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Gotta be honest here, Madcaster....when I first saw you doing that, I thought to myself..."What the heck is he thinking? :huh:"

After meeting you I realized you think a bit different than most folks do.....
And my initial thoughts were that with a rounded, thicker lip that coin or washer presents, the action would not be consistent....but....

Do you want consistent action in a swimmer?
Wouldn't it be better to have more erratic action, thereby more vibrations in the water, picked up by a fish's lateral lines?
And more visible from below in rough or choppy water?
Hell yes!...and that's exactly what you created.....

Now you need to hang a fish on one.....try working the flats at night, some bigger blues have come in.....love to see that thing get crushed and see how it holds up.....:thumbsup:

madcaster
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
just did a swim test . the ones with big washers did fine . the smaller lips I had to swap out the belly hook to a smaller one. it's funny each one had it's own action.... to me it's not about just casting out and reeling it back in. it's making it look and act like a wounded bunker,easy pickens for a bass

cowherder
04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Great looking plugs mad. If you need a tester, I'm available!:HappyWave:

storminsteve
04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Don't let cowherder test your plugs. He hardly ever fishes.:HappyWave: They would get a better trial if you sent them to me.

hookedonbass
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
that is some beautiful work there, brother.

speedy
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
back off plug ...ho..s i got first dibs .....:kicknuts: lol..

fishinmission78
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
The hole in the washer could give it some turbulence and greater movement. Catch a fish on one and lets see.

VSdreams
04-05-2012, 10:09 PM
:cool:Very cool designs madcaster.