PDA

View Full Version : When the bluefish invade do they push the stripers out deeper in the bays?

plugcrazy
04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
DS I think I remember you saying once the blues come in the bass will head for deeper water. I think you are on the money with that. The bass are still hitting but in certain areas the blues have taken over. I think you will nail the bass big time a little further out in the kayaks now. Good luck guys and keep the reports coming.

I read this in another post and quoted it. I like the bluefish because I feel they chop a lot of the bait and leave it there for the bass to suck up. I think that works better for in the ocean near the shoreline.

What about the bays?
Does anyone else notice that when the blues come in to the back bays, you catch more of them and less of the stripers?

skinner
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Stripers are opportunistic feeders. When they have breeding on their minds they may change that up a bit. In my recollections, it does happen that way that the blues will be in close in the bays. You should stll be able to find the bass in channels or walk out at low tide and you will get them. You will also find them on the edges of blufish blitzes, fwiw, so they are not truly scared of them but I feel there is a healthy respect especially if there are smaller bass and bigger blues. My junk science report.:rolleyes: