PDA

View Full Version : what will this noreaster do to the fishing?

baitstealer
04-22-2012, 09:03 PM
I know the bays will look like chocolate milk. I was thinking of going monday or tuesday afternoon with some clams to a monmouth county beach oceanside. What do you guys think the rough water will do, and how long should we wait before it will be good? thanks

hookset
04-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Wait till the water clears up, maybe Tuesday. If you find a beach that has clams all over, that might be a sign to fish clams.:rolleyes:

plugaholic
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
http://thesurfersview.com/live-beach-cams/central-new-jersey/monmouth-beach
I dont think you will be fishing today. Check out this surf cam, they said the swell is 9.5 feet. Even 12 oz wouldn't hold in that. I would wait till it calms down and as hookset said look at a local beach for washed up clams and it's game on!

finchaser
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
only Profeesor Googan (DS) will be out

dogfish
09-24-2015, 12:17 AM
A real noreaster has a severe drop in pressure. This weather pattern now is very far offshore. Thinking this is something to be worrried about- you should take up golf or knitting.

baitstealer
09-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Thank you sir. I should have studied up a little more before I asked. Back then when I posted I didn't know that much. You are right. This is not as bad for the fishing as I thought it would be. I went out last night and caught one blue. I think it is good to have a little chop in the water. When I think back I haven't done that good with lake like conditions.

seamonkey
09-24-2015, 12:16 PM
need some more advice from west wind walley! hint hint DS really miss those videos!:HappyWave:

ledhead36
09-25-2015, 04:44 PM
A real noreaster has a severe drop in pressure. This weather pattern now is very far offshore. Thinking this is something to be worrried about- you should take up golf or knitting.

No everyone should stay home and gnash their teeth and wring their hands. What a bunch of sissies there are on the internet lately. I came across 6 threads in the last week where guys are staying home being afraid of the weather. If that's the way you feel stay the hell home. The best fishing times are before a blow. or right after. As the dog said this isn't even a real noreaster. I don't know what happened in society that so many mommas raised their boys to be sissies.:don't know why:

seamonkey
09-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Spot on. Straight talk with no sugar coating.

buckethead
09-28-2015, 11:04 AM
He's right. The fish are there the rough water makes it tough to present to them. You have to compare this to lake like conditions where the fishing might not be that great either. I will take a little chop in the water any day. This is not a real north easter. We haven't even had a significant pressure drop yet. The biggest variable for me is to try to find cleaner water.

If you are waiting for the fish to start running the beach and textbook perfect conditions you may be waiting until November. The fish are there now if you know how to look for and present to them.