PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers for Jim Balicki.....

DarkSkies
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Some of ys'a may not know him by name....
but if you have fished the surf in NJ from the Amboys down to Island Beach, and fish regularly, then you most certainly have run into Jim Balicki.......:fishing:

A retired, veteran angler who goes all over in search of bass, blues, and fluke,,,and has the energy to pound the sand and look for fish...while guys half his age sit in their trucks with binoculars.......

I met Jim a few seasons ago for the first time, but had known of him through his reports for years....

Well, on May 15 Jim took a serious fall, and will be out of the game for awhile...

Here is his latest report from anglerworld.com.......]

"This report is probably my last in quite a while. I took a bad fall at home, and was transported to an ER in an ambulance. My knee is severely injured and will probably require surgery. I should know more after my 4PM visit with an orthopeadic surgeon today."

DarkSkies
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
This is him, in 2009, post #24, Red hat.....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1462-NJ-Fishing-pics/page3&highlight=jim+balicki

He recently posted an update on anglerworld.com .....

"Surgery scheduled for next Tuesday. Quadraceps tendion ruptured. Surgeon said it would eventually heal w/o surgery, but it would not heal correctly. Needs to heal corectly to make the walk at North Beach or out on the sandbars at Leonardo, Cliffwood, etc."

I'll say a few prayers for ya, Jim....:HappyWave:
and if anyone else out there has some prayers and good thoughts to spare, please pray for Jim....
Thanks folks. :thumbsup:

Monty
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Prayers sent, hope for a speedy recovery for him.

finchaser
05-18-2012, 11:14 PM
prayers sent

buckethead
05-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I remember running into him a few times at Island Beach and Seaside.

ledhead36
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Hope he gets better soon.

baitstealer
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
prayers sent for a speedy recovery

captnemo
05-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Thoughts and prayers.