PDA

View Full Version : High Plains Drifter visits New Jersey......

DarkSkies
05-18-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm a little late with this report.
Been a bit busy lately.....

A lot of ya's may already know Todd (High Plains Drifter, AKA HPD)

Originally from Minnesota, IMO his claim to fame in the fishing world stems from the Surf Fishing trips he's been organizing to Mexico.

DarkSkies
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Here are some of his videos...all action packed.....

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?3463-surf-fishing-outside-the-USA&highlight=high+plains+drifter

If you search fullerzoo on youtube, one of the videos will have "Brewroom" in it...(RIP)

Brewroom/Jay was a generous guy who loved to fish, and was a specialty beer brewmeister. (Triumph Brewing Co) I have some mutual friends who are into brewing, and got to know of him for only a brief time before he was taken from this world by a heart atack at a young age, back in 2007 I think.......

DarkSkies
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
High Plains Drifter came to NJ last week for a fishing vacation.....

The plan was to hook up with some of his NJ contacts, QtieP being one of them. :HappyWave:

I was going to meet them last Thur night and do an all night marathon :headbang:fishing with them, but my car broke down....:(

So, I tried to give them some guidance and intel Via Text and Phone.....

They did pretty well, managing to get into blues up to 12# in the Raritan back bay on Thu during the day.....Todd and Q were pretty happy with that, and Todd had a blast. :thumbsup:

Then, they fished the ocean on Thu PM into Fri Am, fishing some of Monty's favorite haunts...
(I tried to tell them that those places were vexed by Monty's GOOGAN CURSE,,, :laugh: but they wouldn't listen.....they fished hard for a few hours and ended up C&R at least one bass....)

WTG, guys, glad ya had such a warm welcome in Jersey, and that you got to sample just a bit of fisihing Jersey style....:clapping:

I'll try to post a pic of one of the fish they caught when I get a chance....:HappyWave:

Monty
05-19-2012, 03:11 PM
:laugh: Last three times there were short (1-2 hours). Lost a fish two of the times and missed a hit the other time..(Major league goog moves).. Looks like some white water the next few days :drool:

buckethead
05-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I heard he was going to fish with Scottylex on the 2nd leg of the tour. Skunk city?

jigfreak
05-19-2012, 06:42 PM
HPD is good peeps. He probably taught Scotty a thing or 2.

baitstealer
05-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Just wondering if you were going to post the picture. I have been out a few times without any action now, would love to see a bass picture or two. Thanks.

dogfish
05-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Love those videos. It would take the lottery for me to afford a Mexico trip, but living vicariously through the guys who go.

bluesdude71
05-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Some of the best surf videos out there. Those roosters must be pure adrenalin.

hookset
05-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Love those videos. It would take the lottery for me to afford a Mexico trip, but living vicariously through the guys who go.

I feel the same way. One of these days. In the meantime the vids are great. Glad you could get them into some fish, dark. I would really like to meet him some day.

bababooey
05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't fish the surf that much but have seen those videos on several sites. They all look like they are having a great time. Good for him.

DarkSkies
05-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Sorry for the delay with the pic.
This one came out pretty fuzzy so I wasn't going to post it. Some guys are more into the fishing than taking pics......as it should be......
;)

basshunter
05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Here are some of his videos...all action packed.....

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?3463-surf-fishing-outside-the-USA&highlight=high+plains+drifter

If you search fullerzoo on youtube, one of the videos will have "Brewroom" in it...(RIP)

Brewroom/Jay was a generous guy who loved to fish, and was a specialty beer brewmeister. (Triumph Brewing Co) I have some mutual friends who are into brewing, and got to know of him for only a brief time before he was taken from this world by a heart atack at a young age, back in 2007 I think.......

I was bored today so checked out the videos. Ful of action and excitement. thanks for sharing those.

surferman
05-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Nice trip and story dark, You help a lot of guys out there.

DarkSkies
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Some friends are down there now with him pounding the surf in the ATVs looking for roosters and cuberas....will try to post some pics when they get back....:HappyWave: