PDA

View Full Version : Stories from a NJ War Zone......

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Alternate title.....

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Paterson, , "Jewel" of Passaic County......:kooky:

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Paterson has a lot of good things some folks may not be aware of.....

The Great Falls,
Passaic River...
Good Pike fishing......
Some good Ethnic Restaurants......

And a lot of hard working people...

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:44 AM
There's also a seamier side....

The other day I had to drop off my car at Finchaser's mechanic, and thought some of ya's might enjoy the ongoing stories.....

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
These stories may be unpleasant to some, for we got to see the bottom layer of society, and every 5 minutes there was some sort of illegal activity going on.....:scared:

But the people we saw, it was kind of surreal, as some of them live on the edge of life and death every day....
And are proud of it....

We talked to one young kid (drug dealer) who was recently shot at 6 times, and lived to tell about it.....the funny (or sad) thing is, he's still out doing his thing.....and kind of proud that he escaped 6 bullets that fateful day a few weeks ago.......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png

So until my vehicle gets fixed, I'll try to fill in some of the stories that we saw.....
:kooky:

And if any of you folks have stories about the war zones in Paterson, feel free to jump in......

DarkSkies
06-16-2012, 09:52 AM
In fact, these people were so proud of their underground lifestyle, I thought about taking pics,,,,Pebbles said they would probably shoot me.,...then I thought of a video camera and interviews, kind of like an urban reality show.....

And the sick thing is.....if I came in with a video camera and told them they would be on Youtube...even though some of them are clearly involved in daily illegal activity....they would probably let me do it.....:kooky:

Because of the ego involved down there....and the lack of fear they have of any negative consequences of their lifestyles......

Stay tuned,,,,,,,

Monty
06-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I work in a building in Paterson, next to the river (for the past 15 years). This is not a bad location as Paterson goes.
Over the years there was a body found by the river by our place, another in a car parked at our building. When I am the last to lock up, if its late and dark, its a little bit eerie there.
Lived 400 yards from Paterson from 1960-71, I remember two instances of someone trying to break through the door of our house (that sucked).
Worked across the river from Paterson from 1981-89, did service work in the textile factories in Paterson (they are gone now), I remember taking some wrong turns down some scary streets back then.

BassBuddah
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Astounding that they might let you film them. There is no shame these days, Be careful dark.

DarkSkies
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
No worries, BassBuddah.
Back in the day, I almost got myself killed in Alphabet City in the lower East Side.....I had a motorcycle I bought by working 40 hours a week while going to school...I was over there with some bad people...the bike was parked....and a kid came by and started "tagging" the street and sidewalk.....

Asking him not to spray near my bike, that I bought with my sweat and blood,,,,brought a cry of indignation from him.....10 minutes later there was an angry gang coming at me with sticks and baseball bats.....I knew I was headed for the hospital....but at the last minute a sleaze bag dealer I knew (the kind that was so popular he ended up with bullet holes in his front door before he left the area....:rolleyes: :kooky:) came walking along....said I was one of his "Peeps"...amd based on that.....I was saved from a beating by 15 of those animals and a stay in the hospital......

Lots of stories like that....I kind of keep them in the past because that's where they belong...but I used to spend a lot of time in areas like that, before I got clean and sober.....:(

And as I was living through them, I really thought those were the "good times". :kooky:

Therse are areas where life has no real value beyond the $3 one makes from selling a nickel bag of drugs.,...I really feel sorry for the innocent people who are forced by economic circumstances to live in those areas....

DarkSkies
06-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Thanks for sharing that, Monty......
I think I know part of that area you're talking about....some good pike water, in the river above the dam...around there...

Bullet holes -
During the day it is relatively calm, with an orderly procession of illegal activity and drug deals talking place about every 5 minutes....:boring:

At night, when he leaves, is when the real action begins....

The mechanic showed us some places in his building where there had been shots fired......

One was an upstairs bedroom that had a child sleeping in it when the shot came into the room, narrowly missing the child.
Another was downstairs in the main shop area where a large caliber bullet came through the window in a night time gun battle.....

finchaser
06-17-2012, 10:24 AM
your over reacting

ledhead36
06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
I can't stand places like that. They should burn paterson to the ground, or at least certain neighborhoods, and start over. Anyone caught drug dealing should be shot or forced to work in Georgia labor camps.

Monty
06-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Anyone caught drug dealing should be shot or forced to work in Georgia labor camps.
:thumbsup:
I agree. Zero tolerance.
Enough is enough, what people get away with in this country is ridicules.