PDA

View Full Version : Did any guys catch bass on pencil poppers this year?

basshunter
06-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I am usually able to get some nice bass by pencil popping for the spring. This year I didn't get a 1. Got some bluefish to 12 pounds but not one lousy bass!
I am not talking about the blitzes.just regular pencil popping in the monning at sunrise, and at the end of the day too. Never had I had such a bad spring pencil popping. Is it all snag and drop now?

Monty
06-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I had a talk with a buddy about this a few weeks ago. How we had not caught any bass on top water popping plugs this year. Was always able to get a few by blind casting good water. Not this year.

storminsteve
06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Not me either, I did try though, many times. Most recently tonight in moco, Enough bunker there to feed the Omega faactory for a year. Only seen a few small blues caught. I got one blue on a pencil.

nitestrikes
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I have done better on the Gibbs bottle plug than with pencils. This is a strange year. Too much bunker around.

jigfreak
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I got a 15# bass last week in somoco right at sunrise but PP have not been my go to this year when usually they are this time in the season.

buckethead
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
From what I have been seen the concentration of bunker is too thick. For me pencil poppers work best when the pods are smalller.