PDA

View Full Version : With all the peanut bunker this year do you think we will have a good fall run?

baitstealer
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
They say the peanuts are very thick in the bays this year. Do you think that will help the schoolies? Or will it make the fall run pretty strong?

williehookem
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
I think beginning in September the back bays should be on fire at night. Peanut and mullet sandwiches for all the bass and blues. Hoping we don't have too many storms and they gradually spill our of the bays into the ocean. Hoping for a great fall run.

storminsteve
06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I will be hunting the back bays the last week of August. I find when the storms start they start to flush the bait out of the creeks and the bass and blues will stage at the creek and river mouths. I think the best combination is light rain over a day, or heavy rain over a few hours. Too much rain and wind messes the water up and ruins the fishing for me. I hope this year is a good fall for the bay. The last few years have been terrible.

bababooey
07-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm calling this the year of the PEANUTS. They are starting to load up out back. Small ones so far but by the end of the summer they will be huge. i keep a minnow trap at the dock and so far have seen killies, peanuts, spot, and baby croakers. This should kick it off big time for Oct blitzes on the beach. keep your fingers crossed.

voyager35
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Every time we leave the harbor (AHMM) you can see them around sunrise. You can net all you want down there. As was said by August they should be perfect bait for fluke and whatever else comes along. This is the most I have seen in at least 6 years.