PDA

View Full Version : The One that Got Away, Shark Bait!

plugginpete
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
You guys gotta see this, it is the funniest video I have seen all summer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuYjDR2tSg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

crosseyedbass
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
"it's a shark! Its a shark! It's a bigggggggg-asssssssssss shaaaaaaaaark!!!!"

Love it, rofl!:clapping:

skinner
07-13-2012, 12:44 PM
It went viral on the web thanks to this news story -

MYRTLE BEACH (WMBF) - A very large shark, capturing a pretty small meal, provided a big surprise for a group fishing off their back deck, and the event was caught on camera.
If you haven't seen the video, brace yourself. It's a little shocking.

Tag along with the group as they reel in their big catch, anticipating the trophy fish on the other end of the line, only to find - someone else wanted that bait more. WARNING: Adult language used in YouTube video below.

It's funny. It's sad. It's scary. It's even a little theatrical. And it happened right here in the Grand Strand.
WMBF News spoke with one of the fishers in the video, Sarah Brame claims the video was taken from their beach house in Cherry Grove, and the six to seven foot bull shark stole their five pound red drum catch.
But the excitement didn't stop there, Brame's fiance and step-father went after the shark, shooting another 45 minute-long video as they hooked it on their fishing line.
"We let him pull the boat for a while," said Van Hughes, Brame's step-father. "He pulled the boat with three men in it up the sound and against the current."
The shark eventually got away when the fishing line snapped, something Hughes says is a lucky break.
"I'm glad the line did break," he said. "No telling what he would've done to the side of that boat."
Ripley's Aquarium Marine Biologist Shannon Hughes says the video definitely shows a bull shark, and that they are actually fairly common in South Carolina waters. Hughes says bull sharks are the only kind of shark that can survive in fresh water, which is why they can make their way into streams and rivers inland.
"Larger females will actually go in and [birth] pups in fresh water," Hughes said. "That way the pups can grow out a little, and when they're bigger, make their way out to salt water."
But just because bull sharks are common, doesn't mean they're docile. Hughes says bull sharks are more hostile than just about any shark.
"Bull sharks have more testosterone in their body than any other animal on the planet," Hughes explained. "That makes them easily upset."
For that simple reason, Hughes says it's best to avoid bull sharks altogether if you do encounter one.
"Try to stay out of it's way," Hughes said. "It's one of those animals you don't want to upset; they have a nasty set of teeth."
Hughes says the bull shark in Brame's video likely wasn't attracted to people, but when it saw a struggling fish, it took advantage of the opportunity for an easy meal, just like any other shark would.
How would you have reacted in that situation?

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19003114/shark-bait-the-one-that-got-away

storminsteve
07-13-2012, 05:25 PM
"it's a shark! Its a shark! It's a bigggggggg-asssssssssss shaaaaaaaaark!!!!"

Love it, rofl!:clapping:

Words that could only be spoken by a redneck girl.:heart:

Great vid.

cowherder
07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Love it! That was passed around at my work computer yesterday. Great

paco33
07-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Classic

Monty
07-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Classic
^^^
Great video.

cowherder
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Words that could only be spoken by a redneck girl.:heart:

Great vid.

I think thats part of it storminsteve. I have watched that video 4 times already. That girl should be on TV.

jigfreak
07-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Yup cowherder, I watched it 5 times, hilariousl