PDA

View Full Version : Today lighting storm in my town

madcaster
07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSWC-mXCGw

I though I would share this
I was shooting a video of the storm ....the rain was insane and lighting was just crazy
The lighting flash at 0:35 made me step back it was so loud,....then the bolt made me close the window :kooky:LOL
must have been 70 feet away from it ....it rocked me and the camera

Monty
07-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Incredible video, great timing.
This years storms seem to be in the "intense" side.

storminsteve
07-19-2012, 09:00 AM
:scared:That was amazing madcaster! The sound was at :35, and I saw the flash at :59, damn! That was too close for comfort. Did it do any damage to the front lawn of that house? I was fishing in nomoco last night. The lightning had slowed down but it was still raining. You could still see isolated flashes over the ocean. It looked like it drifted over to the long island area. Awesome light show. Thanks for sharing that.

cowherder
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Madcaster -wow that was a great video. Can I ask you how you got the still picture of that lightning? What program did you use?

buckethead
07-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Too close for comfort for sure. Lucky it didn't hit any trees and have them fall on a house. That lady died in Monmouth Beach last week walking on the seawall. Don't mess with Mother Nature. She can be a mean lady.

madcaster
07-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Windows 7 has a movie maker that allows you to make a picture out of a frame of the video.You can click frame by frame out of the video to pick the best picture. My canon camera came with software to do the same. I use it to get my under water shots as well.

DarkSkies
07-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Madcaster....exceptional job....bet you were glad you were inside when the angry bolt flashed into the ground.....:) Thanks for sharing that with us.

clamchucker
07-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Lightning is a beautiful thing when it does not do damage. I think of the power of nature. It can also be very threatening as when you are coming back from an offshore trip and have to race through a storm to get to port. That is some real nice footage you gathered there.

jigfreak
07-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Reminds me of Benjamin Franklin flying a key on a kite in an electrical storm. Pretty damn close.

hookset
07-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Lightning is a beautiful thing when it does not do damage. I think of the power of nature. It can also be very threatening as when you are coming back from an offshore trip and have to race through a storm to get to port. That is some real nice footage you gathered there.

X2, nice going.