PDA

View Full Version : weight bags ???

madcaster
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
has any one ever heard of this ?? They would fill them with sand and fish in rocky area's

My uncle back in Calif gave all his fishing stuff to my brother . There were some of these bag in the collection. My brother told my they used them for fishing in rocky area's. They don't snag as much ???
any one every tried this or heard of this on the east coast?

by the way I get an old dawia 12 surf rod and a Garcia 9200 sping reel and some plugs :naughty:

storminsteve
08-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I like that idea mc, pretty smart thinking. This was for fishing from shore? That way if you lose it it's no big deal. What is the bage made from a fine mesh or something?

baitstealer
08-17-2012, 04:24 AM
Cool, I was wondering what those bags cost and do you buy them in bulk in case you lose them? and what kind of fish did they catch in California using them.

surfstix1963
08-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I've always just used a ligther mono for the sinker to break off some use rubber bands but the bags I never saw.I guess any wreck situation they were used for.

paco33
08-20-2012, 05:57 PM
I am curious if you tried them out yet and how they work. Could have used them in the sand beach last night the current was strong.

clamchucker
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Another method that lets you fish deep water and get your bait out to it is a bridle rig. I think there is a discussion on it in the surf forum. This sandbag tactic may be cheaper as the price of sinkers gets more dear each year.