PDA

View Full Version : Where would we be without Gulp?

paco33
08-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Thought some of you might like to talk about Gulp and what it has done for your fishing. Have been fluking with it from shore. Using the chartreuse mullet on the bottom of a high low rig. Sometimes I experiment and try the new penny shrimp or the small peeler crabs if there aren't too many bluefish to bite the ends off. The stuff is fantastic. I have caught fluke, sea robins, weakfish, spot (on the top hook which is smaller) kingfish, a short striper and even a few cow nose rays on the stuff. It is like crack to the fish.j
I was thinking of where we used to be before gulp and how guys caught fish consistently. Bucktails and squid? Killies? Sea robin strips?

surfstix1963
08-17-2012, 07:32 AM
I haven't fished in 3 years but i do hear from many the stuff is killer it even made my cousin a believer not an easy thing to do he did mention the stuff in the bottle far exceeds the packaged ones,i guess absorption is longer and better and with the price of fluke bait these days the cost is becoming worthy of using you don't have to toss it or freeze it when you are done with it.My only concern is *** is it made from it says bio-degradable but years ago they said they were not dumping in the Hudson river either.

fishinmission78
08-17-2012, 04:30 PM
.My only concern is *** is it made from it says bio-degradable but years ago they said they were not dumping in the Hudson river either.

I think they make it from the same stuff that they make the sea legs or rock lobster from, fake lobster etc. prob not that bad for the environment. Otherwise peta would be protesting it.

jigfreak
08-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I use it but before it came out got fish the old fashion way with bt and porkrind. I would sometimes seine spearing and put that on the bt too.