PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: FISHING Window and What it Means to You......

DarkSkies
08-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Fishing window....
I think there's enough to say about this for a separate thread.

For now I will say it can be thought of in several ways...
It can be the specific time that you have to fish, and are able to get out there...

DarkSkies
08-27-2012, 12:03 AM
It can be related to the tides or drift if you are on a boat.

DarkSkies
08-27-2012, 12:04 AM
For me, it's when the bite is strongest or most productive.

DarkSkies
08-27-2012, 12:05 AM
It could also be thought of as a presentation window, where you need to be casting within a certain area (the window) to effectively target the fish.

DarkSkies
08-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Thought some of ya's might like to talk about that window and what it means to you......:HappyWave:

williehookem
08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
The fishing window for me is whenever I can get out. I try to pay closer attention to the tides and whatnot but I have to go when I can.

surfwalker
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Like williehookem, my time has been limited lately. But I have always enjoyed a few hours of early morning darkness and into the first light, just when you are able to actually see where your plug hits the water. The activity in the water seems to show signs of nervousness, and my senses seem to come alive, no matter how tired I am. The anticipation of a sudden hit is too hard to resist. I also enjoy the light into dusk for the same reasons.

DarkSkies
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Window in the night.....Wed PM....

As Fin and others have explained it appears we are nearing the end of this Season.
There really isn't much food in the surf zone to hold these fish....most of my recent fish have been skinny, even the larger ones...the action could end any day, and next week's storm may very well be the end...

There are limited "needle in a haystack fish".......so that's why we're out there hoping for a mid teen fish or something close to it....freezing in the cold winds. and trying to pick nights when there is a better window.

This is an example of what I was talking about. The OFFC has been out as well this week trying to take advantage of any weather window they can....

So you can think of this thread as pertaining to weather windows....and presentation windows......

DarkSkies
12-13-2012, 04:36 PM
But I have always enjoyed

a few hours of early morning darkness and into the first light, just when you are able to actually see where your plug hits the water. The activity in the water seems to show signs of nervousness, and my senses seem to come alive, no matter how tired I am. The anticipation of a sudden hit is too hard to resist.

I also enjoy the light into dusk for the same reasons.

As Surfwalker and Fin point out whenever they get a chance....these continue to be the best windows, as well, if you are looking for more consistent action. :thumbsup: :HappyWave: