PDA

View Full Version : Off the Hook, Extreme Catches!

williehookem
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Who's watching this on Animal Planet totally awesome!!

This is Jet Ski Brian, some crazy chit man!:wow: :headbang:

williehookem
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
2nd half of the show.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/off-the-hook/videos/extreme-catches-amberjacked-up.htm

Monty
08-29-2012, 11:36 PM
That's extreme.

cowherder
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I saw that episode. 30 miles offshore. I think Jetski Brian was saying one day the water turned from 1/2 foot swell to 8' swell in a half hour. He has balls of steel or really is half crazy. I don't care how good you are I think a 8' swell could swamp your jetski if you are not careful. Awesome episode though, thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

bababooey
08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Love those, looking forward to more.

fishinmission78
08-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Jet ski brian has been doing this for a while now. Has his own site and such. Custom designed jet skis. Man that dude has the life. Watching that gets me stoked. Something I want to do some day when I have the bux.

storminsteve
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for posting that Willie. I just found about them the other week and have been watching them since. Hardcore stuff that guy is nuts!

hookedonbass
08-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Showtime Eric Young is the ultimate entertainer. Funny dude. I really wish they wouldn't let him wear those speedos though, it is pretty nasty.:upck:
One of my favorite episodes so far was the one where they went for sharks. Off the charts.:viking:

bababooey
08-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah liked the shark one too.

Monty
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah liked the shark one too.
Wow, surprised you did not mention he should use a boat :kooky: :HappyWave:

bababooey
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Wow, surprised you did not mention he should use a boat :kooky: :HappyWave:

Why Monty now that you mention it he should have.:HappyWave:
He is really in a dangerous position that way don't you think? Would have been a lot safer from a boat, or do you not agree?:scared:
I don't mind watching others put themselves in harms way though, as long as its not me. If you guys want to go hopping around on the rocks at night or slink around in slime infested waters and bash your legs up., by all means please do. No way would you catch me doing that. And those skishers at montauk bobbing around like baby seals in the water for sharks to nibble on, wow how sick is that?:scared:
I will still watch it, and will defend your right to go to any beach you want, bash your legs up, and post the pics here. Its a free country, great feeling.
I do appreciate your determinagtion, and your reports show that.:clapping: But when you, dark, and some other of the surf guys post reports and say you fished all night, one fish, or dark goes on a 36 hour marathon in search of bluefish, to me that is a little mental. I don't see the value in it. We can take my boat, leave the inlet, and 15 miles out there are all the big bluefish you could ever want. Enough to make your arms sore for the next 2 days. Get in on some good fishing and still home in time for dinner.
I hope that explains my view. You surf guys are like the best entertainment ever though. :thumbsup: Never hear of too many things like that happening on a boat, other than one sinking, which is tragic.

I hope my comments didn't offend you I am just being honest. All good?:HappyWave:

Monty
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
I hope my comments didn't offend you I am just being honest. All good?:HappyWave:
Not in any way offended, its 100% good, I always look forward to your posts, I think I respond to yours more than anyone's :thumbsup:.
I never mind fishing 8 hours and getting skunked, its all part of the experience for me. And Dark doing a 36 hour marathon for Blue Fish makes me jealous, wish I could get that much free time in a row to go on one of those marathons (I may have a few solid days in a row early October that I am looking forward to hitting the surf hard).
If fishing turned into just catching I would do something else. I need a challenge, something that I can increase my skill level at, something that has a continuous learning curve. Fishing the surf challenges me skill wise and physically (I lost last Sunday big time), I enjoy that aspect a lot. The solitude is great. The surf fishing camaraderie is great. I fished from boats years ago, I have gotten to the point where I have zero interest in fishing from them. I just enjoy the surf fishing experience so much that if I have any time to fish I'm going to hit the surf or back bay.

bababooey
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Wow you answer was so full of energy that it makes me want to join you out there!:bigeyes:
NOT!:laugh:
I get what you're saying, to a degree. I honestly have to admit that I don't want to work that hard to get a fish. When I surf fish it will be near the manasquan inlet when Al Ristori tells us all to get out there. Or in October when the bass are really there in numbers and I can roll my truck down at ibsp and get them without having to walk that much. I don't like to walk that much when fishing. I have a hunch that finchaser doesn't walk that much either when he fishes. Dark has generously offered to take me out to the long walk beaches and crevices he fishes at night but hes right I probably couldn't last 15 minutes doing what you do.
I admit it.:embarassed: That still doesn't take away from my right to make fun of you guys.:laugh: :HappyWave:
God bless you Monty because of your fishing habits I am now going to look at first aid options on the stock market.
BTW, do you use Band Aids (Johnson and Johnson) or another brand?:HappyWave:

Monty
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow you answer was so full of energy that it makes me want to join you out there!:bigeyes:
NOT!:laugh:
I get what you're saying, to a degree. I honestly have to admit that I don't want to work that hard to get a fish. When I surf fish it will be near the manasquan inlet when Al Ristori tells us all to get out there. Or in October when the bass are really there in numbers and I can roll my truck down at ibsp and get them without having to walk that much. I don't like to walk that much when fishing. I have a hunch that finchaser doesn't walk that much either when he fishes. Dark has generously offered to take me out to the long walk beaches and crevices he fishes at night but hes right I probably couldn't last 15 minutes doing what you do.
I admit it.:embarassed: That still doesn't take away from my right to make fun of you guys.:laugh: :HappyWave:
God bless you Monty because of your fishing habits I am now going to look at first aid options on the stock market.
BTW, do you use Band Aids (Johnson and Johnson) or another brand?:HappyWave:
J and J all the way. One of my best friends fishes Island Beach mostly, can't walk great distances, drives the beach. I fish with him a time or two each year. Its great fun. I got the pass this year and will be there later this year, maybe bump into you (you can buy me breakfast with the $$ proceeds from the J and J stock) :HappyWave: .

bababooey
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Deal!:laugh: :HappyWave:
I'm checking out the highs and lows for J and J tomorrow.

jonthepain
08-31-2012, 11:11 AM
I have an acquaintance who boats to isolated sand bars off the Core Banks, then gets out and fishes for drum on them with his dog.

Mostly solo; no camera crew etc.

Super nice guy and tells a great story. Goes by the name of Seapuppy.

Spends most falls in his camper on the beach.

Might not seem extreme by today's standards, but when I first talked to him 10 yrs ago or so, it sure seemed crazy to me.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/seapuppy1.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/SeaPuppyDoubledrum.jpg

rockhopper
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
That dude seapuppy is sick! Nice fish tho.:drool:
They just found a 13 foot great white off new england. There are guys that skish there too. Not me

rockhopper
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
the great white
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8575-13-ft-Great-White-washes-up-off-New-England-Beach

williehookem
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Really like those pics jonthepain. The coolest thing is his dog. :cool:
I would never skish. Have a lot of respect for the guys that do. Not me. not after seeing that shark.

plugcrazy
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
A lot of crazy fishermen on this thread. I wonder how far some would take it to get a fish.