PDA

View Full Version : Help?-Old Grouchy Opinionated, Ornery, Obstinate, Cantankerous, Curmudgeonly, Crabby,needs fish!

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM
There is an old timer out there. ......

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM
He's Old

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
He's Grouchy

DarkSkies
He's Opinionated,

DarkSkies
He's Ornery

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
He's Obstinate

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
He's Cantankerous

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
He's Curmudgeonly

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:07 PM
He's Crabby :moon: (ALL THE TIME EXCEPT WHEN HE'S CATCHIN) :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:08 PM
He needs fish!

DarkSkies
09-13-2012, 02:21 PM
this Am 1 bluefish 6# after a week of non fishing should have stayed in bed

Hey finchaser you cant knock it out of the park every time. At least you got one. I was out last night nomoco 6-8pm looking for fall bass. There were a lot of little blues and baitfish, not one bass. I would have loved it last night if there was some siz pound bluefish.

I know i'm just over tired and grouchy to day:HappyWave:

Well dark calls you an old grouchy basstard all the time, maybe he has a point.:p I think we all have our grouchy days. I know I do.

Grouchy keeps away the googs and dillydocks. Good deal.

He cannot be a productive member of society, until he starts catching again....
Ranting and raving,
starting fights with all his old-timer friends who stopped fishing until October...
Barking about the economy, the President....
Pick an issue and he's barking....
Unless he gets some fish....

So if you have some intel about fish....
ANY bass or big bluefish, he doesn't fish for spot, kingfish, fluke or small snappers from the surf....

Please e-mail him....
He told me today he's quitting fishing until the spring when he can start bunker snagging again....
:scared: :moon: :HappyWave:

He's older than dirt. :p Cantankerous, crabby, grouchy, argumentative...and even peanut butter cakes don't make him happy anymore......

He's old school,,,he doesn't golf, doesn't sit at the bar, doesn't want to sit on the rocking chair like all the old farts his age do.....;)

So, please,,,,if you have any charity in your heart...help the old geezer out.....
Send him some intel....so he can catch fish.....:moon: :kiss: :HappyWave: once more....

Send all e-mails to...

Finchaser A/K/A the OLD Grouchy BASSTARD.......

cowherder
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Ha Ha dark I opened this and thought you were talking about you!
Finchaser if you want to catch weakfish there are a bunch in nomoco. You can take the walk anytime with me if you want. Though I think this thread is crazy. Dark is just causing trouble. I mean you don't need any help catching fish. You have been catching bass and blues for the last 8 weeks solid!
What do you have like 300 fish so far?

finchaser
09-13-2012, 03:51 PM
CH thanks I may take you up on that, some where around there . As to DS :2flip::moon:staying in bed is better than sleeping in an out house waitng for the fish to arrive on one of your 48 hour marathons:HappyWave:

storminsteve
09-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Dark is just causing trouble.

I mean you don't need any help catching fish. You have been catching bass and blues for the last 8 weeks solid!
What do you have like 300 fish so far?

Dark causing trouble, isn't that the central theme of his life? He's like a tornado toppling people and objects wherever he goes, with his insane persona or the legendary smell.:laugh: :HappyWave: Finchaser I don't think anyone in NJ caught as many fish as you did in the surf zone this summer you were like a machine. One day 10 fish next day 17, next day 9, next day 13. Cowherder is right you have to have near 300 by now. I'll take you fishing too if you want to stay out of that rocking chair. That's no place to be for a top guy like you. I hope you are fishing till you die. Not that you should die but thats the way I would want to go if I was old. Either between the legs of a beautiful woman, or with a fish on the end of my line:pig:

Monty
09-14-2012, 07:12 AM
I hope you are fishing till you die. Not that you should die but thats the way I would want to go if I was old. Either between the legs of a beautiful woman, or with a fish on the end of my line:pig:
Yup, me too, If I gotta go those are the ways to go :bigeyes:

Finchaser I'll do the best I can to help you get into fish, I'll e-mail you when and where I'm fishing. You will then know where not to go. I'll have the skunk with me more than likely :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't care what you mooks say...he needs help...he needs our help....won't someone please help this old grouch get into some fish!

Pebbles and I drove by his house last night to try to get him out there fishing for a few big blues.....

The lights were off, the blinds were closed, shutters battened down.....

But we could hear a faint sound inside....
It was the creaking of a rocking chair, rocking back and forth....

we know that old basstard was inside there......and he wouldn't come out to fish with us....
Pebbles was so disappointed....

She was looking to meet one of the most legendary surfcasters in NJ....and the Cantankerous Old Grouchy Basstard couldn't even come to the door for her.....

as we walked away,,,,she had tears in her eyes.........http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

He really does need your help....guys and gals....let's all do what we can to get the OGB out of his rocking chair....:moon:

buckethead
09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Pebbles and I drove by his house last night to try to get him out there fishing for a few big blues.....

we know that old basstard was inside there......and he wouldn't come out to fish with us....
.let's all do what we can to get the OGB out of his rocking chair....:moon:

You said something about a strong south wind in your report. Maybe you were upwind and he smelled you first, like any good fish hunter would. Might try approaching from the other direction next time.:HappyWave:

ledhead36
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
:kooky:Oh come on dark we all know you are kidding. He was out there today and caught just about every kind of fish you can catch.

Monty
09-15-2012, 07:35 PM
:kooky:Oh come on dark we all know you are kidding. He was out there today and caught just about every kind of fish you can catch.
What he said ^^^^^^^
He may have had one of the best reports of the year today :thumbsup:

finchaser
09-15-2012, 08:13 PM
The delusional one needs a shower and sleep.

DarkSkies
09-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I see this is a losing battle here ya grouchy basstid......just want to say that Pebbles was so sad, not to get to once more fish with a NJ Legend.....:(...she missed ya, more than I did......

buckethead
09-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Better luck next time DS. As guys get older they get moody. You and Finchaser seem a lot alike. Maybe as was said a sneak attack would work better.:laugh:

DarkSkies
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM
You and Finchaser seem a lot alike. .:laugh:

Buckethead as far as personality...maybe...I remember being a lot more helpful to the general public till I met the old grouch...He had the benefit of years of wisdom....

you help people that are unappreciative or selfish, especially while fishing limited access areas, and the next week they are daily visitors to that area. That wouldn't be so bad if all people were respectful and thoughtful of homeowners....(like a lot of us out there...)

However some folks aren't....
You help someone, tell them to keep it quiet...
The next week they're posting a go-pro video on the internet or facebook....
Or they bring 5 of their friends, telling them to "keep it secret"....:rolleyes:
Who in turn bring 5 of their friends....

You come back later and the place you once valued as an isolated place to get away from it all.,...
Is littered with fishermen garbage, plastic, bait boxes, baby diapers, strands of mono and braid...
And the stench of urine....

Eventually, when those places are close to homeowners with money and influence...we lose those areas....
I become the Grouchy Old Basstard when I rant about that...in fact I think I can mimic him pretty well.....:moon: :laugh:

In seeing how many selfish folks are out there, and becoming more selective instead of helping them all,
yup, I've become a little Grouchy too....;)

I do think the OGB takes a few more showers than I do, and probably wouldn't eat a clam or bunker juice soaked sammich....:upck: as I've done on some of the earlier nomad marathons....
:)

DarkSkies
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
It's been a while, wondered if anyone had anything to add to this thread....:) :HappyWave:

fishinmission78
03-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Better luck next time DS. As guys get older they get moody. You and Finchaser seem a lot alike. :laugh:

Would have to agree with this, X2. You two bicker like cats and dogs its almost like you were related.:HappyWave:

bababooey
03-07-2014, 09:13 AM
^^^^ Truth is stranger than fiction? Luke, I am your father!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fIH6GMIJg

storminsteve
03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
haha lol!

storminsteve
03-07-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't care what you mooks say...he needs help...he needs our help....won't someone please help this old grouch get into some fish!

Pebbles was so disappointed....

She was looking to meet one of the most legendary surfcasters in NJ....and the Cantankerous Old Grouchy Basstard couldn't even come to the door for her.....

as we walked away,,,,she had tears in her eyes.........http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon9.png

He really does need your help....guys and gals....let's all do what we can to get the OGB out of his rocking chair....:moon:

Finchaser I know dark was just busting you but if you ever want to fish sandy hook just say the word!:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
04-19-2014, 09:51 AM
^Steve, he won't make the walk....
He did once with us, and all he did was grumble about what idiots we were to work so hard for a few fish...:scared:

To top it all off, it was a slow night....
I think I dropped one fish...after an hour or 2 of casting....I finally guilted him into making a few casts.....and he dropped one too....the fish were very lethargic that one early season night we were out there.....that was all the action the 3 of us could manage for that night....which set him off on another rant....about how the fishing has declined (so true)...and how we were dillys for even making that long walk....:HappyWave:

I gotta bust his balls on this one....
He tells ya's all the time about how happy he is....

His son sent him this video, said it reminded him, of how he is....:ROFLMAO
(I agree 100%). :HappyWave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Hi-0wnHcY

Also this one as well.....:kiss: :HappyWave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsBHhZ0n5CI

** I know he's gonna come on here and tell ya's he ain't that bad.....true......he's much worse than Vic Dibenedetto.....the volume of his rants is louder, more sustained....and the profanity would shock an ironworker.....:laugh: :HappyWave:

finchaser
04-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Would rather yell then be a STINKY GOOGAN :2flip::moon::2flip:

cowherder
04-19-2014, 06:22 PM
i think he got you dark. I would rather be grouchy than stinky!:HappyWave:

storminsteve
01-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Was looking for the hotties thread and found this one too. III have to agree, better to be lucky than stinky!
God I miss the old days when DS & FC used to have these battles LOL