PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Mr Big.....

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I know some of ya's are gonna bust ballz when you read this....but that's ok, feel free......:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I already have some pre-programmed responses for ya's.....:2flip: :moon: :plastered: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Despite rumors to the contrary, I'm not a big bird lover, or advocate.

Other than throwing rocks at some birds when I was a kid, I've never really gone out of my way to harm them either....
Have never done anything to harm those freaking plovers, though I feel the rules restricting fishermen from those areas is unfair....

Have had more than a few sea gulls and other birds get tengled in my line while fishing....and had to carefully get them out of it....:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
I do love nature, and the solitude...

I have had foxes come up to within 15' of me at night to check me out...
Deer almost running into me on the beach in the morning (or course I was downwind) :laugh:
Rabbits following me on the trails pre-dawn at Sandy Hook...
Surprised more than my share of snakes that were sunning on rocks as I walked by, in some of the remote areas I fish....
And unwittingly encountered plenty of cat-sized rats at the jetties and inlets.....:scared:

Pebbles told me I shouldn't put up this, thought some of ya's might be a little critical.....
I'm already getting a birding reputation from the swan threads.....:rolleyes:

I thought, what the hell. might as well put this up anyway...

finchaser
10-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I do love nature, and the solitude...

I have had foxes come up to within 15' of me at night to check me out...
Deer almost running into me on the beach in the morning (or course I was downwind) :laugh:
Rabbits following me on the trails pre-dawn at Sandy Hook...
Surprised more than my share of snakes that were sunning on rocks as I walked by, in some of the remote areas I fish....
And unwittingly encountered plenty of cat-sized rats at the jetties and inlets.....:scared:

Pebbles told me I shouldn't put up this, thought some of ya's might be a little critical.....

Because you have no human scent except for pork roll

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Because you have no human scent except for pork roll

Cmon there ya grouchy basstid....
that's the best ya can do?? :scared: :laugh: :whoo: :kiss: :HappyWave:

I would have thought, coming from you.....

"Yeah he smells like maggots....
or stale bunker....
or rotten clams....." :ROFLMAO

After all, I almost caused your better half to get physically sick,:upck: when in the morning she sat in the same seat in your van as I did the night before....

Thats the best ya got?.....:don't know why:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:07 PM
So the fishing has been so unusually inconsistent for me lately I have been changing my route each night...adding, subtracting, racking my brains to think of where I haven't been in awhile.....always looking for that pot of gold...but lately not even finding pocket change.....

One night I was kind of disappointed after 5 hours of nothing, walking the beach on the way back, looking for bait in the wash.....

I came upon a blob like object....and it was moving.......
Turned out to be a seagull, but the behavior was different from normal seagull behavior.....

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:10 PM
It just stared it me as I was walkiing past it....didn't even try to fly away......

A closer glance and it appeared to have an injured wing.....

I saw that it was pecking away at the sand, maybe at sand crabs....

So I decided to help this misfit character out.....
Felt that we might be 2 kindred spirits......:kooky:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:11 PM
I started feeding it crabs as I walked the beach and found some. The surf was pretty big so it was easy to find these crabs, some alive, some dead, different types.....

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:13 PM
The interesting thing to me is I could get within 3' of this bird as I fed him......he seemed to be apprehensive, but his injuries prevented him from taking off.......

I continued with this for awhile.....
Figured he had enough of my company and hit the road home......

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I told Pebbles about it,,,,she said....."You absolutely must NOT post this on the internet, the guys will tease you again and again....not a good move Dark.....:beatin:....but last night, a friend of mine, unbeknownst to me, was fishing the same area....and he had a seagull come up to his bait cart.....sent me the pics, we compared stories. and we felt it was the same gull, confined to scavenging the ground till he gets better.....

(Yup my friend fed him too,,,pieces of clam...) :laugh:

So if my good friend isn't embarrassed to send pics of this bird, why should I be?

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
So here we are, 2 crusty old salt fishermen, feeling sorry for this bird......

My friend took this pic as the gull came up to his bait cart at night looking for food.....

It's hard to see how big the gull is here, the thing is pretty large, older, and looked healthy other than the broken wing.

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Some more pics...

Here he was about 3' away from me,,,,

The bird at my friend's cart looking for handouts.....

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
you can see the size of the bird in the close-ups.....he let me get within 2-3' of him, could have grabbed him and had him for breakfast if I wanted....;)

You can kind of see his wing is a little messed up in this shot......

finchaser
10-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Cmon there ya grouchy basstid....
that's the best ya can do?? :scared: :laugh: :whoo: :kiss: :HappyWave:

I would have thought, coming from you.....

"Yeah he smells like maggots....
or stale bunker....
or rotten clams....." :ROFLMAO

After all, I almost caused your better half to get physically sick,:upck: when in the morning she sat in the same seat in your van as I did the night before....

Thats the best ya got?.....:don't know why:

All known facts

storminsteve
10-18-2012, 11:15 PM
All known facts

X2. :clapping: :clapping: Dark you are going off the deep end. you need to find some fish soon. Be glad to have you join the picket line in nomoco. When I first saw this thead I thought it was a sex in the city episode. more birds, we will have peta ads here next, just kidding.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I kind of expected the ribbing.....feel free, ya mooks......:HappyWave:

I still had a good time running into him and feeding him.....

Thanks for the offer about the picket line, Steve, but I'm still holding out hope for a few other areas....

More bass are off the Jersey coast now....I have a new mindset about the fishing and will be back out soon.....
Catch em up....:thumbsup:

bababooey
10-19-2012, 07:28 PM
www.seagullsandanglers.com

Check out the new site, it's all the rage. Dark sinks further into the abyss.:kooky: :HappyWave: