PDA

View Full Version : Headless Torso at Sandy Hook.......

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 04:56 PM
The other morning I found myself, after a fishless night, at Sandy Hook.

As I was leaving I almost stumbled into something that was a mass of rotting material....at first I though it was half of a tuna or shark that fell off a commercial boat.....

Monty
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Hey, finish this story!!

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Welll....I was gonna offer to take you and Rip316 out for a night of hardcore fishing.....was gonna show ya all the secret spots I fish.....but if you insist...I'll finish this story instead........:)

I had it all planned, calling it "Googans Night Out".....
Finishing with Tea and Crumpets.......:ROFLMAO :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
It was close to the water, and at first I had no idea...it was about 2' across by 3' long.......and even though it was windy, the smell was bad...definitely smelled like death.......

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:34 PM
So I kicked it....and started to look at it a little more closely.....

It appeared to have some kind of a layer covering it.....from far away I thought skin, but I realized it was some kind of cloth......

Strange, I thought, who wraps their dead fish, or animals up in cloth and dumps them on the bottom of the channel in NY Bight? :huh:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:36 PM
The tide was coming in.

As I wasn't sure what this was, I thought I might move it more inland so it wouldn't get washed out to the channel again.....

I dragged it up on the beach.
Did I mention the strench of death? :scared: it was pretty bad......

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:44 PM
By now I was extremely curious, wanted to know what this thing was......

So I opened the cloth a bit, and found a skeleton inside, that did not come from a fish.....

As I opened it more and more, at first I thought it was an animal.

Then I realized it was too big to be a dog, the distance in the ribcage area caused me to think it could have been a small human.....
At that point I got chills.....

I had to clean up after someone died before, know the smell of death...
But never discovered a dead human body before, and was wondering, if it was human, who this person belonged to,,,did they have a family....

It kind of freaked me out a bit........

I set up a perimenter around this torso, and figured the rangers would want to come down and check it out......
Had to grab whatever was nearby to they could find it., some driftwood, a plover sign, etc....
the perimeter...

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
After I set up a perimeter, I pulled more of the canvas off (by now I determined that it was a heavy sailcloth or canvas.....)

Scratching my head........ thinking why someone would wrap an animal in canvas for bay disposal when it would be easier to bring it to the woods and let the other animals eat it?.......:huh:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
I knew if it's a body, you're not supposed to disturb it...but curiosity got the better of me.......the tide was coming in and I had to move it anyway to keep it out of the water.

I saw a rib cage, and what looked like shoulder blades......

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
This is the first shot I took.....

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
2nd shot...the head would have been at the top of the pic...you are looking at the rib cage.

This would have been the view from the stomach down.,...up to where the bottom half of the body would have been.

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Some more shots. getting closer to the inside part......

This top pic you can see some kind of breast plate or shoulder blade plates toward the top. They are frisbee shaped and there is one on each side.

In this pic you can see the ribs pretty clearly defined although they are decayed.

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Some more pics with close ups of the shoulder blades, or breastplates, or whatever they were.....:huh:

DarkSkies
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Last pics of the rib cage, and the perimeter I set up so the Rangers could find the body/Carcass......

Monty
10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow Dark, that's crazy. Great pics. Incredible find. Those pics look eerie, like from a old horror film.
Even the last one where you left the body.

storminsteve
10-18-2012, 11:18 PM
That does look pretty freaky. Bet the smell was horrible. what did that turn out to be?

wish4fish
10-18-2012, 11:37 PM
awesomme dude! now where is the head and what did it come from

surfwalker
10-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Really nice perimeter setup. I can tell that you are experienced in that sort of thing.

Monty
10-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Really nice perimeter setup. I can tell that you are experienced in that sort of thing.
I'm agree, the perimeter is awesome, its as good as they get.:thumbsup:
:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
10-19-2012, 09:06 AM
^^ Yeah, I threw a couple pieces of giant driftwood together. I know it was half-***, but I had to get out of there and start work on time. Didn't know what to call it so I called it a perimeter. You mooks don't miss a trick, do ya's? :laugh: :clapping:

BTW, I know I didn't finish this story yet....the suspense is good for ya's........:moon:

There was an old timer who was on his way out to fish....
I corralled him into guarding the torso as I had to leave....

He used his cell phone to call the Rangers. I don't carry mine with me anymore after I smashed the glass on my new one....:bucktooth:

I also reached out to some hunters on this site who might have a better idea of why someone would dump a torso on the bottom of the bay, and wrap it up so carefully in heavy canvas......

details to follow...stay tuned......:HappyWave:

buckethead
10-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Dark when you bury the bodies I keep telling you you need 5lbs of lime for every 50 lbs of body weight. :ROFLMAO :HappyWave: cool story please finish it. That looks like an animal but not sure what it could be. Not the montauk monster too big for that.

hookset
10-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah I would like to know too.

Monty
10-19-2012, 09:56 AM
^^ Yeah, I threw a couple pieces of giant driftwood together. I know it was half-***, but I had to get out of there and start work on time. Didn't know what to call it so I called it a perimeter. You mooks don't miss a trick, do ya's? :laugh: :clapping:
BTW, I know I didn't finish this story yet....the suspense is good for ya's........:moon:
details to follow...stay tuned......:HappyWave:

Whats with this new suspense thing :idea:
The suspense is killing me.....

finchaser
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Let me guess you took a piece to eat in the car on your way to work

bababooey
10-19-2012, 07:33 PM
^Beef Jerkey, now available with sea salt.:laugh: ds I haven't the slightest what this thing could be. Could be a space alien. What is it, fess up!

hookset
10-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Or crunchy ribs. I say that is a big deer.

madcaster
10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
I say it’s a goat that someone sacrifice for religionist reasons

vpass
10-19-2012, 09:39 PM
DS did you ever get comfirmation on what it is? I don't think it's human it does look more like a deer. They do swim and might have got tangled in that sails cloth.

buckethead
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Or crunchy ribs. I say that is a big deer. Would def need some hot sauce or brown gravy to get those ribs down. My spidey senses call it a deer or a hoax put there as a joke.

DarkSkies
10-20-2012, 10:02 AM
No one guessed it yet....keep trying.....:) :HappyWave:

Here's another hint....the Rangers determined it wasn't human. It had some hairs on it.....think...http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png..... bigger than deer....

The color of the hairs gives a better clue to what it was..

I also checked with our resident hunters here, they seem to agree with we think it might be......Tune in tomorrow for the next installment....:moon: :HappyWave:

madcaster
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM
It was a horse of course the amazing Mr. ED

speedy
10-20-2012, 03:42 PM
I THINK ITS JIMMY HOFFA ...LMAO:cool:

DarkSkies
10-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Maybe I woulda had better luck looking for "headless torso's".

Et tu, surfwalker?......:cool: :laugh: :clapping: :HappyWave:

Rumor going around that as an added bonus when you purchase a ticket for the Finchaser Seminar you get a free pass to Dark's "How to locate headless torso's seminar". With specific, cutting edge information on securing and setting up the perimeter. :HappyWave: Hi Dark.....suspense....:)

You engineering types are all the same, with your slide rules and parameters of perimeters.....:scared:
I know if it was you that found that Monty....the torso would have been carefully protected like at Fort Knox....

1. You would have found some way to move it without disturbing evidence (engineering types are good at that)
2. You would have used some kind of math involving vectors, current, wind velocity, and load factors to figure the perfect path to bring that carcass undisturbed to the highest point of land beyond the mean high tide there......
3. Calculating mean, standard deviation, and median points of tide before you set out on your task....:moon: (and correcting for any outliers).

4. Your perimeter would have been clearly defined, using the straightest pieces of driftwood and bulkhead pieces you could find, marked on the top by clamshells for contrast, and having 4 distinct plover signs (instead of my one) that you would use to mark the outward edges of the "crime scene".

5. Further, by the time the rangers got there, you might have set up a CSI like crime lab scene there, :rolleyes: using cell phone technology and the latest apps to compare and contrast bone structure of humans and at least 10 different animals of that size.....
(BTW anyone watch that TV show Bones, great drama...) :cool:

6. Then, if it did turn out to be a dead body, you would have photographed that torso at every conceivable angle, and had each shot clearly lableled, for presentation and inclusion into the police case files..... ;)

Is White Water Monty his only skill set?...nope....he can turn into Inspector Gadget on a Moment's notice.....:clapping: :thumbsup:

How do I know this?
Because I've seen your plug bag...if you had that plug bag and were marooned on a tropical island, you could last for 5 years before rescuing with the assortment of plugs in there......:ROFLMAO

Me?
I'm just a simple, stinkin, Googan......:bucktooth:

Who had to get to work that day...and am glad I corralled the Old Timer into watching the carcass until the Rangers got there....
We've since become good friends....it's amazing what the old timers see, that the young folks are too busy to look at.....:thumbsup:

Thanks for the laughs, guys.....hope you liked my Monty characterization...it's highly exaggerated, all in fun....:HappyWave:
Ya ever run into Monty out there...you could learn some things....about perimeters.....:laugh: :kiss: :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
** Keep those guesses coming, some of ya's are getting close......:HappyWave:

storminsteve
10-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Chucacabra.

jonthepain
10-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Clamsquatch

DarkSkies
10-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Another clue for ya's..:HappyWave:.the Rangers said the hairs they found on it were black...so think of brown or black fur......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

madcaster
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
a bear

storminsteve
10-23-2012, 09:15 AM
It's a wild pig!

storminsteve
10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Or the chupacabra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFLihlCOXjQ

madcaster
10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
were to far north for the chupacabra ...:d could be a big foot child

vpass
10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Or the chupacabra!

:ROFLMAO

I say bear also.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

porgy75
10-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Or the chupacabra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFLihlCOXjQ

Haha that was stupid funny steve! If it was black and you said it was larger than a dog, I say it could be a bear too. Or the chupa!

storminsteve
10-26-2012, 04:05 PM
ok cut the suspense dark. I know you want to mess with us but its time. What the heck was that thing?

jigfreak
10-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah ds fess up.

DarkSkies
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Sorry people. Too much on my plate lately...and I have been lax about posting.....

Vpass and Madcaster nailed it.....:clapping:
The Rangers said with the black fur, probably a black bear....and Speedy and Jon the Pain kind of confirmed that possibility.....thanks for keeping quiet guys, and helping to add to the suspense.....

I have some pics of a dead deer I took for comparison I'll post when I get a chance......hope ya's enjoyed this thread.....:thumbsup: :HappyWave:

bababooey
10-27-2012, 06:59 PM
I have a theory. Sometimes the best way to off someone is to "find" the body. That way the police would never consider you as a suspect. How do they know it wasn't human? Do you have any previous wives with black hair?

buckethead
10-27-2012, 07:06 PM
I like the chupacabra story better. its cooler.

DarkSkies
11-13-2012, 08:37 AM
^^ Dead deer.

I took these pics a few weeks ago, haven't been able to post with our power outage.

You can look at the body of the deer and see that it compares slightly with the torso. However the original torso is bigger and has thick shoulder blades.
This gives me further evidence that the torso could have been a bear.
I'm no scientist, JMO........

speedy
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
ITS A SPIKE :plastered:

bababooey
12-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Hey dark they recovered the body of that clammer in the Shrewsbury River. RIP to him and thoughts and prayers to the family. What was interesting was they also found some remains at Sandy Hook determined to be not human. Do you know if when they came to investigate they took that torso away? Or was it still meandering in the sand. Just wondering if this could have been what you originally found.

From the APP
HIGHLANDS — The body of a man was recovered in the Shrewsbury River Monday by State Police and may be that of area fisherman Edward Broderick, 38, who went missing Dec. 14 after his clamming boat sank.
State Police Sgt. Brian Polite, a spokesman for State Police, told the Asbury Park Press, “The body was spotted by passing fishermen in the late afternoon.”
Meanwhile, an autopsy performed Sunday on remains found a day earlier at Gateway National Recreation Area’s Sandy Hook unit determined that they were not human, Polite said.

DarkSkies
09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Hey dark they recovered the body of that clammer in the Shrewsbury River. RIP to him and thoughts and prayers to the family. What was interesting was they also found some remains at Sandy Hook determined to be not human. Do you know if when they came to investigate they took that torso away?

I'm sorry I didn't see this when you posted it.
The torso I found was not human as well. Speedy and some others here said it might be a bear. I think they could have been right.

I have no idea what this new thing you're referring to was, or what the final results were. If anyone has any further info feel free to post and keep us updated.

I came searching for this thread because Monty mentioned the value of spacing out posts...http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png....it took me a while to put all the pics & details here....and maintaining interest along the way......:learn:

I figured I would probably never again find something as bizarre as this, so I milked it for it was worth....:laugh: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-23-2015, 08:44 AM
I came searching for this thread because Monty mentioned the value of spacing out posts...http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png....it took me a while to put all the pics & details here....and maintaining interest along the way......:learn:

I figured I would probably never again find something as bizarre as this, so I milked it for it was worth....:laugh: :HappyWave:

I quoted the above because Monty mentioned it in the dead things thread...and to give him credit for being the instigator around here....that goog is always starting trouble of some sort......:cool: :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

I have to take credit for milking the thread with the delayed posting.......I think it was a slow fishing period along the beaches then...and figured you people could use some extra entertainment.....:fishing:

jigfreak
03-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Guess what they found a bone at the hook. Any of the members here been up to no good lately?
http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/jersey-mayhem/2017/03/27/human-femur-north-beach-sandy-hook/99685912/

ledhead36
03-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Do a background check on dark and monty. Rumor has it they're both serial killers ROFL:plastered: