PDA

View Full Version : Sandy -The Aftermath

dogfish246
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey guys,

Hope everyone and their familes are ok and their boats and houses are fine... Here is a little something I put together on today's adventure to get to my boat and see if it was still floating... Thankfully, it was unscaved! But not so much for other boats at my marina...

Hope everyone stays safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZL7ABZA5HI

jonthepain
10-31-2012, 07:41 PM
just read that the dunes from surf city from 23rd st up into north beach were wiped out. i still have a few friends on 22nd and 3rd st; hope they and their houses are ok.

i grew up on 21st st and remember the aftermath of the march 1961 storm; ocean broke through a little further north from us and i remember roofs and dormers and such in the bay. but this one looks to be worse.

Monty
11-01-2012, 01:06 PM
The pictures I see of the aftermath are unfathomable. It is worse than anything I could imagine. From the flooding to the houses that have burnt down, houses destroyed, huge trees down everywhere, boats destroyed, sand everywhere, new inlets. Bridges, boardwalks, loss of life. Loss of jobs/income, businesses destroyed, gas crises now, people without power, without homes. Its impossible for me to put words to what I have seen and heard regarding the storm.
I lost a good portion of my second covering of shingles on my roof and had no power for 17 hours. Live in north east NJ. Consider myself extremely lucky.
I opened the garage door around 9:00 PM Monday, never have I seen such a strong wind. Trees bent, leaves and branches flying past the open door. Was crazy scary.
Thoughts and prayers to everyone effected by Sandy.

dogfish
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
That is really sobering. Thanks for sharing that hope all you folks stay safe

clamchucker
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Good job dogfish that really gives you a better picture of things

DarkSkies
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
"Man you see it on TV, and it's like....whatever.....:don't know why: :boring:

You see it in real life, and it's like.....WHOA! :scared: "

Dogfish246, I hope you are not offended by this, but I think that sums up the opinion of a lot of people out there, your generation, but others as well..
Pebbles and I thought the same as your words, before we went down there....and then our opinions changed......

Thanks so much for sharing, and documenting. :clapping:
People need to see how bad it really was, because we quickly forget....and there are still a lot of folks who need our help.......

Hope you and your family and friends made it through OK.....:HappyWave:

dogfish246
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Im not offended... It is crazy how we have become so numb that when you see it on TV it is nothing but in real life it really hits ya!

clamchucker
11-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Good job dogfish.