PDA

View Full Version : How did your power company do after the storm

bluesdude71
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Those of you who got power back after an interruption how would you rate your power company and their response time

gjb1969
11-06-2012, 07:42 PM
slow!!! but they got it done

finchaser
11-06-2012, 09:37 PM
just got power back tonight at 7pm since last tuesday at 4 pm JCPL suck all work was done by out of state compaines

gjb1969
11-06-2012, 11:45 PM
that sucks fin but we had lots of guys from out of state to after 6 days all i wanted was my lights on so i could care less who got it done so now lets clean up and get after fish

surfstix1963
11-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I have to say they did a pretty good job.

speedy
11-09-2012, 07:20 AM
they suck still no power 1st they said u should have power 4 days ago you are on grid they said now they can`t find the grid for my place they said the power will be on fri.
good luck with that they are lost i have other words to use but not ..:burn::burn::burn:

surfstix1963
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
But then again we are on an emergency list because my FIL is on oxygen the governor is blasting them for slacking on the rest of the power outages.

Monty
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I am very lucky, we almost never loose power. we did loose it at 10:00 that Monday night and it came on around 3:00 Tuesday afternoon. The "rumor" in the neighborhood is that the power companies shut the power off in our area. There were areas 1/4 mile from our house that got there power back this last Monday. There are people I work with still without power. I am thinking they suck. The least they could do is communicate with their customers, give real dates, they screwing up peoples lives big time.

DarkSkies
11-14-2012, 07:54 AM
As related by Fin.....

"we don't want to mess up our overtime"
These stories have a way of being blown out of proportion. like the power crews that (allegedly) turned up at Seaside and were turned away.....According to most sources that story was just not true......

But this one is, and verifiable..........

A neighbor of Fin's was in the local Walmart....came upon 4 guys from JCP&L (the JCP&L trucks were outside and these linemen were in the store shopping)

Nothing wrong with that, they work hard. :thumbsup:

The neighbor found the guys in the sports aisle tossing a football around.....
Nothing wrong with that either.....guys need to let off some steam when they're working hard.....:thumbsup:

She, apparently a little agitated that she had no power yet, said to them...
"Ya know, instead of you guys playing football, how about you spend some more time out on the road, we need power in our neighborhood!"

Their response:
"Ma'am, we are working, but we don't want to work too hard to mess up our overtime"

There have been a lot of good, hard working power company employees. The out of state guys rolled into our neighborhood like an army, and we are extremely grateful for that....:clapping: :thumbsup:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8666-The-Southern-Guys-Got-it-Done!
Those are the stories I would like to see posted here.

But we also want to present things fairly, and tell the stories from both sides....so please present any opinions or stories you have, in your experience....thanks.