PDA

View Full Version : Sandy,Volunteers for the cleanup and Resources for Supplies

storminsteve
11-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Dark asked me to post some threads until he gets back online. There are a lot of volunteer sites on facebook and other places. I was going to try and post some of the ones listed either there or elsewhere. If you have any post up. There are a lot of folks hurting out there. Maybe we can help some of them. I think the biggest obstacle is that a lot of places dont have access yet.

DarkSkies
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
FishinCrazy is helping to organize a Thanksgiving dinner for some of the Sandy people.
The thread is here......
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8661-Surf-Fishermen-for-Recovery-Thanksgiving-dinner-for-victims-of-Sandy

Steve, words cannot express my gratitude for your generosity and unselfishness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done while I did not have power or internet access. I asked a few for help. A few rose to the challenge and I sincerely thank all who did. I will be grateful forever. :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guys, if you can help Steve out with his thread for Volunteer contacts, or Resources Available, please post up.
Thanks! :HappyWave:

clamchucker
11-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Guys, if you can help Steve out with his thread for Volunteer contacts, or Resources Available, please post up.
Thanks! :HappyWave:

John from Betty and Nick's had 4 pallets of supplies delivered .
From the Betty and Nick's site:

Anyone in need of food, water or clothing, Jason Testa, one of our regular customers, is bringing 4 palettes of supplies to my house tomorrow. Anyone in need, please contact Tammy Bushell on Facebook.

seamonkey
11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
From FB- Sea Bright opening and needs volunteers

If you would like to volunteer: THIS WEDNESDAY!*** Volunteers are needed to help clean up in Sea Bright! Dress in warm durable clothing.
Contact seabrightvolunteer@gmail.com for meet times and locations!

storminsteve
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Dark, you're quite welcome. Anything I can do to help, brother.:HappyWave:
Lincroft

LINCROFT, N.J. -- The donation site at Thompson Park, 805 Newman Springs Road (Route 520) in Lincroft, is in need of cleanup materials for victims of Hurricane Sandy.

Those affected by the storm need cleaning materials to help reclaim their homes. The cleanup items will be given out at three county distribution sites: Holy Family at 910 Route 36 in Hazlet; Monmouth Racetrack on Oceanport Avenue in Oceanport; and Circle Factory Outlets at 1407 Atlantic Avenue (on the Route 35 circle) in Wall Township.

Clean up materials sought include:

· Dish detergent

· Laundry detergent

· Bleach

· Disinfectants such as Lysol or Pine-Sol

· Disposable wipes

Also --

· Mops, brooms, sponges, buckets

· Rakes, shovels

· Rubber gloves and work gloves

· Goggles

· Heavy duty trashbags

· Hand sanitizer

The donation center is located at the service entrance of Thompson Park. It is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thompson Park is a donation site only - no distribution will be made there.

For more information on how to safely clean up your home or business from the aftermath of Sandy, please click on this link:http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/cleanup/facts.asp

hookset
11-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Sea Bright access and cleanup

Sea Bright
Welcome to the website for the Borough of Sea Bright, New Jersey Print E-mail
Breaking News:
[Updated Monday, Nov 12, 2012]

Residents,

As the State Department of Transportation is now winding up its work, the Borough will be re-opening Ocean Avenue (Route 36) to regular traffic (both resident and non-resident) as of the morning of Wednesday, November 14th.

Sea Bright owes the DOT and its workers a tremendous debt of gratitude for their amazing assistance in helping make the Borough fully accessible so soon after the storm.

With the opening of the highway, there will no longer be any check points or other obstacles preventing access into Sea Bright. Entry will no longer be restricted to the Rumson Bridge, and proof of residency will no longer be required.

Although the Borough will be open to all traffic, our Police Department will remain vigilant in patrolling Ocean Avenue and its surrounding neighborhoods to ensure our properties remain safe and secure.

We also wanted to take this opportunity to dispel any fears that the Borough's water supply was contaminated during the storm. Despite rumors to the contrary, we have been assured by American Water that the supply system is fine and our water is perfectly safe to drink.

As always, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Borough Hall at 732-842-0099 and be sure to report any problems to the Police Department at 732-842-0010.

Thank you again for all of your patience as our rebuilding process continues.

hookset
11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Volunteers needed today in SB

If you would like to volunteer: THIS WEDNESDAY!

Volunteers are needed to help clean up in Sea Bright! Dress in warm durable clothing. Contact seabrightvolunteer@gmail.com for meet times and locations!

cowherder
11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Good thread Steve!

storminsteve
11-15-2012, 04:27 PM
We all help how we can cowherder. I think if each of us did just one thing to help these folks would be in a better place. Its hard to decide which ones to help with the job and family on the plate too. This way everyone could make choices. Some won't but it's that way in life anyway. I know these folks are in a world of hurting now. I wonder what sea bright looks like. It must of gotten hammered.

ledhead36
11-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Union Beach soup kitchen, on florence ave next to firehouse. They need these supplies, are serving 1500 people a day:

cream cheese
balsamic vinegar
baking powder
chocolate syrup
grapes
mayonase
brocolli
cauliflower
peppers
greens
pork loin
brisket
pork roll
chicken
bacon/sausage
hamburgers
hotdogs and buns
theraflu
Tortillas for burritos
powder sugar
kerosene
emergen-c
bleach
laundry soap
papertowls
cold weather sleeping bags
mink oil or beeswax for waterproofing boots
resturant quality mats
heavy duty butcher style rubber aprons
fruit juices
sodas
gasoline
purple respirators for demo crews
wheelbarrows
food processor

paco33
11-24-2012, 06:36 AM
Concert to help Highlands Sun Nov 25

http://helphighlandsnj.org/2012/11/20/the-concert-to-rebuild-highlands-new-jersey/#comments

The Hope for Highlands concert produced by Rick Korn, a local resident that contacted Mayor Nolan to help raise funds and the spirit of the people of Highlands will be held on Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 2:00PM. The concert is FREE and will take place at Seastreak Ferry Landing at Connors, 325 Shore Drive in Highlands.

Large crowds are expected so Highland’s residents are asked to walk to Seastreak Connors. However parking will be available at both the Highlands venue and Atlantic Highlands Seastreak parking lots. Parking is $10 and the ferry is free from Atlantic Highlands to the Highlands for the show. For people coming from NYC a special service is being offered from both the 34th Street Seastreak pier and their Wall Street pier.

The boat to Highlands cost is $65 and includes the roundtrip boat ride, food and the concert.The money raised will be administered by “Hope for Highlands”, set up through the non-profit Highlands Business Partnership under the direction of Mayor Frank Nolan and Councilwoman Rebecca Kane, the organization’s Liaison.

It is designed to go directly to the people and businesses in Highlands that need it most, said Rick Korn. The concert is free. Food and beer will be sold from local restaurants and merchants with the profits going directly to Highland’s victims.

Checks can be made payable to HBP-Hope for Highlands or you can donate online at www.highlandsnj.com (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.highlandsnj.com&h=RAQEUkB-n&s=1) and click on Hope for Highlands.

All donations are tax deductible.

The concert is featured by The Rebuild The Jersey Shore Band And Friends led by music director and keyboardist Michael Mancini. The house band consists of members from the Asbury Jukes, Glen Alexander and Tom Seguso, along with bass player Tony Tino. They all have deep connections to the shore music scene. Some of the artists signed up to perform are Jersey Shore legend Bob Bandiera, Bob Burger, Lisa Bouchelle, Lisa Lowell, Layonne Holmes, and saxophone legend Tommy LaBella

ledhead36
01-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Anyone interested in beach clean ups you can sign up here.

http://fortheshore.org/njprojects/