PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishermen for Recovery Thanksgiving dinner for victims of Sandy:

fishincrazy
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Hello there folks I helped start a group of fishermen who are volunteering their time to help victims of Sandy.We are planning a Thanksgiving dinner for people to be held somewhere in central NJ and we are looiking for suggestions on a place.A church,firehouse,VFW,Moose ect would be awesome.We are also looking for fellow fishermen who want to help with this and other volunteer projects we are involving ourselves in.If you would like to help please contact me at surffishermenforrecovery@yahoo.com

here is alist of what we need for the thanksgiving dinner:
Things we are collecting for this Thanksgiving relief dinner:
1) Turkeys or even better Turkey coupons from any grocery store
2) Makings for stuffing,or already made stuffing
3) Vegatable dish's(greenbeans,corn,squash,mashed potatoes ect.....)
4)Gravy
5)applesauce
6)Cranberry sauce,canned or home made in a jello mold
7) Bread,rolls
8) butter
9) Coffee,regular,decaf,and tea Deserts Pies pumpkin,apple,pecan ect.....
10) Drink mix's tea,lemonaid
11)Plastic flatware
12)take out containers
13)napkins
14) Solo cups/coffee cups
and anything else you can think of
If you can donate please let me know through the barn or here
@ surffishermenforrecovery@yahoo.com

Thank you for reading this Let me know if you can help in any way,
FC

DarkSkies
11-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Good job Jim. :clapping: :thumbsup:
A VFW, or church might be a good option. Lots of extra capacity because you might end up getting more folks than you thought would come.

If I can think of any leads or other way to help I'll get in touch.
People, Jim has worked tirelessly to help others during their times of crisis. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you can find a way to help him either with suggestions or any of the items he mentioned, please do. :HappyWave:

jigfreak
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
:clapping:Kudos FC.

fishincrazy
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks guy's the response hasn't been wgat I thought it would be.Some donations have come in but not what I thought would.I have gotten turkey coupons and a couple of people who said they would send some pre paid visa cards to purchase supplies.I am going to be getting in touch with some folks today in regards to a venue.

Thanks Rich,you know me any leads you pass on I will follow up.

Thanks,
FC

fishincrazy
11-14-2012, 07:19 AM
We have secured a venue in Red Bank at the Tower Hill Church.We are also trying to get a second venue in Manasquan at the ELlks club .If you are located in either of these places and know of people who need a good hot meal on Thnaksgiving let me know,we also need drivers who can pick up some meals and deliver them to people in need in their community.We are still collecting donations as well here is a list:
Things we are collecting for this Thanksgiving relief dinner:

1) Turkeys or even better Turkey coupons from any grocery store
2) Makings for stuffing,or already made stuffing
3) Vegatable dish's(greenbeans,corn,squash,mashed potatoes ect.....)
4)Gravy
5)applesauce
6)Cranberry sauce,canned or home made in a jello mold
7) Bread,rolls
8) butter
9) Coffee,regular,decaf,and tea Deserts Pies pumpkin,apple,pecan ect.....
10) Drink mix's tea,lemonaid
11)Plastic flatware
12)take out containers
13)napkins
14) Solo cups/coffee cups

and anything else you can think of

Thanks
FC

fishincrazy
11-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey folks I am looking for some help cooking turkey's we have 30 turkeys being delivered to the Tower Hill first presbyterian church in Red Bank.We need help cooking them.If you live near Red Bank or are willing to come pick up a bird cook it and bring it back you would help us a ton.We hace a great facility but cannot cook this much turkey.We are planning on serving 400 people.Please let me know if you can help.

thanks,
FC