PDA

View Full Version : Nails clean up (decent tool)

Monty
11-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Got roof replaced after Sandy last week.
They cleaned up pretty good.
But left the dumpster for a couple days.
I am not a "handy man", and display no signs of initiative around the house......ever
But when I was in Home Depot last week I saw a magnetic thing to pick up nails.
Bought it to get hooks that I could drop in the garage (wife would flip if she stepped on one).
So I went and checked the drive way where the dumpster was and picked up whats in the pic below.
Was a $16.00 well spent.

DarkSkies
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I can't tell you how many times over the years I have ended up with nails or slivers of metal in my tires. I've gotten so used to it I carry a patch kit and can patch a flat in about 15 minutes if I have to. Fishing in all the out of the way places I do and being around construction, you just pick up these things.

Slow leak at first and all of a sudden you have a flat. I bet your wife is glad you got that tool. Saved her some grief. :thumbsup:

Monty
11-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Slow leak at first and all of a sudden you have a flat. I bet your wife is glad you got that tool. Saved her some grief. :thumbsup:

Got back from Firestone place an hour ago ........
Tires were 14 years old with 22k miles on them and starting to crack.
She is happy to have new tires and no nails in the drive way :thumbsup:
How old does a car have to be to start appreciating in value (LOL)?
She drives it so little it wears out the battery :huh:

paco33
11-24-2012, 06:39 AM
Looks like a good tool to use when working on a car and you drop a bolt or nut in the engine compartment too.

Monty
11-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Looks like a good tool to use when working on a car and you drop a bolt or nut in the engine compartment too.
I'll get lots of use out of it. I'm always dropping hooks, screws and stuff in the garage. I found a at least 20 split rings in the driveway and garage with it.