PDA

View Full Version : Fishing artificials in stained or muddy water

Monty
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
It seemed there was (or has been) a lot of stained and/or muddy water this year ocean side and bay side. I think there was an algae issue in Raritan Bay late summer/early fall this year.

So what are come good ways to fish artificials in stained/muddy water (not talking about chocolate milk).
Keep in mind the following:
Day.
Night.
Colder water.
Calm water.
Water with a chop.

finchaser
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Chartreuse fished slow

storminsteve
11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
^x2, plus I like yellow for dirty water. Either bright colored parrot yellow, or the yellow schoolbus bomber. Fished very slow, slower at night.

buckethead
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Standard buck and red pork trailer, or white big grub, fished slowly. That works too.

voyager35
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Chartreuse fished slow

I realize you are talking about surf fishing but if I can offer my opinion I would agree with finchaser. When on the troll for bass and trolling shad rigs we try to use chartreuse as the first choice. They almost always out produce other colors in dirty or stained water.

jigfreak
11-26-2012, 02:39 PM
There are some time worn sayings in life that all hold true -

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.

If it ain't chartreuse its no use.

Don't worry I'm on the pill. :kooky:

Chartreuse, fish low and slow day or night for when the water is off. Pink is a good color too. Chartreuse rules though.

finchaser
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
I realize you are talking about surf fishing but if I can offer my opinion I would agree with finchaser. When on the troll for bass and trolling shad rigs we try to use chartreuse as the first choice. They almost always out produce other colors in dirty or stained water.

same for us in boat.

As they say in Virginia color doesn't matter as long as it's chartreuse

UrbanFishingMan
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
yellow, Chartruese bucktails & parrot or yellow colored plugs.

surfstix1963
11-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Fin said it all.I would try fluorescent yellow also.

storminsteve
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I also like a bucktail, or rubber with a paddle tail. Feel like they can find it easier with the vibration if they can't see it.