PDA

View Full Version : S&A Notable quotes

rip316
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
lets hear some crazy stuff that went on out there. lots of stories with DS

I do have to say the one night we went fishing and you asked if i had rubbers had me hoping you meant rain gear. Thank god it rained.

bababooey
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
In todays times, it's perfectly acceptable to be gay, fellas. Brokeback buddies are all over. I was in Hoboken the other day and there were some guys who were very chummy. Be proud. :laugh:

DarkSkies
04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
^^ In your dreams, bababooey....:2flip: :HappyWave:

Rip that was funny as hell. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that...:clapping: :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO :whoo: :scared: :laugh: :HappyWave: Thanks for the laughs...:clapping:

the bunker part I believe as you have have been slipping back to the dark side no pun intended

I've heard it said that sometimes you have to walk through the darkest nights, to be able to see the light of day...:idea: :)

DarkSkies
12-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Time to single these guys out, and post in a thread before they get lost in the pages......

These are all quotes that made me laugh....
If anyone has any others they want to add......feel free.....:HappyWave:

** note.....hope the nominees aren't offended....it's all in good fun....these posts here are for entertainment purposes only......:bucktooth: :plastered: :fishing: :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Taking a bath on the jetty........

The OGB swore I would be out fishing today.....with swells between 5-6 feet in the reports, I learned my lesson to wait till they drop....
Nonetheless that didn't stop him from making this phone call to me as he was driving home tonight....

"I bet you're out there in the rain fishing somewhere you dillydock!
Probably on the side of a jetty with a bar of soap taking a shower!"

I had a real warm feeling inside when I heard that.....thanks pal.....:2flip: :moon: :clapping: :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

Monty
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Just read every other post by Bababooey :HappyWave: .
Some of Bababooey's wit and wisdom....

"Dark, no offense but with old dingleberries hanging from your nether regions I can see why you fish alone. Rip I think you should get a medal for even venturing out with these surf crazies. And there is nothing wrong with fishing from a boat. We who do, catch more fish"

"Aah, I heard a rumor he bought that fish at the Philly market. They had it listed as the googan special of the day.:ROFLMAO
Nice fish dark, show your mug next time."

"Didn't he say the bathrooms are few and far between of those crazy trips of his? I'l bet he craps in the surf too. Easy to wash up that way. Would that bring the fish in or put them off the feed, I'm not sure. Those saltwater carp can often be found near the storm sewer pipes dumping into the ocean.

"Would not fish these conditions!!!!!!!!
Stay home and get comfortably drunk. Try to get wife comfortably drunk. Try to get a little nookie. 2 1/2 minutes later try to watch the sports..."

"I think he has already passed into the old fart club already. Happy birthday you old goat! Still climbing the rocks like one?"

"Dead stuff - always cool. Unless you wake up in bed next to a dead person. Then you might go to jail for that."

"www.seagullsandanglers.com
Check out the new site, it's all the rage. Dark sinks further into the abyss."

DarkSkies
12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Monty, you saved me the trouble....I was gonna search the posts of some of the most notable characters here for material....but I see you got that covered already.....:clapping::clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:....ROFLMFAO on some of those.......:ROFLMAO

Bababooey thanks for the laughs.... some of those are priceless! :laugh:

Monty. you're next in the crosshairs.....no offense because I'm gonna look for your most compelling posts and quotes...:thumbsup:.it's gonna be a long winter.....;) :HappyWave:

williehookem
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Ha ha funny stuff!

jonthepain
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
... I think I see Dark mistreating West Wind Wally.

rofl

from the "rare picture of DarkSkies" thread :D

jonthepain
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Maybe I woulda had better luck looking for "headless torso's".

from the "NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012" thread

lol

bababooey
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Just read every other post by Bababooey :HappyWave: .
Some of Bababooey's wit and wisdom....

"Dark, no offense but with old dingleberries hanging from your nether regions I can see why you fish alone. Rip I think you should get a medal for even venturing out with these surf crazies. And there is nothing wrong with fishing from a boat. We who do, catch more fish"

"Aah, I heard a rumor he bought that fish at the Philly market. They had it listed as the googan special of the day.:ROFLMAO
Nice fish dark, show your mug next time."

"Didn't he say the bathrooms are few and far between of those crazy trips of his? I'l bet he craps in the surf too. Easy to wash up that way. Would that bring the fish in or put them off the feed, I'm not sure. Those saltwater carp can often be found near the storm sewer pipes dumping into the ocean.

"Would not fish these conditions!!!!!!!!
Stay home and get comfortably drunk. Try to get wife comfortably drunk. Try to get a little nookie. 2 1/2 minutes later try to watch the sports..."

"I think he has already passed into the old fart club already. Happy birthday you old goat! Still climbing the rocks like one?"

"Dead stuff - always cool. Unless you wake up in bed next to a dead person. Then you might go to jail for that."

"www.seagullsandanglers.com
Check out the new site, it's all the rage. Dark sinks further into the abyss."

Why thank you very much Monty but most of my posts are deadly serious.:ROFLMAO
Some of you provide such comedic relief you should have your own channel on youtube. I am merely commenting on what I see.:rolleyes:

finchaser
12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Why thank you very much Monty but most of my posts are deadly serious.:ROFLMAO
Some of you provide such comedic relief you should have your own channel on youtube. I am merely commenting on what I see.:rolleyes:

A true humanitarian my hat is off to you:clapping:

DarkSkies
12-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Bababooey......I have the highest regard for your humor......:moon: :HappyWave: :clapping: :thumbsup:

A Whitewater Monty Fishing trip, as narrated by Storminsteve........:clapping:

sometimes you are!
Here is a play by play of a Monty trip -
drank 5 energy drinks from my cooler (only saying this because Rip said so)
fished the white water
beautiful white water
jumped around in it, pretended I was a dolphin
sometime around sunrise I lost a big fish on a hogy.
then around sunrise I got a small bluefish/bass/dirty sock/white snake/condom/small fluke/stargazer/cownose ray (i left some options here for the reader to pick one, because those are the things you usually catch!:HappyWave:
and then I went home, beautiful white water!

by the way please keep posting those white water pics. Hopefully you get some bass this fall as well top go with them

I am loving the dolphhin reference Steve. So thats why you guys love the surf so much. You pretend you are dolphins.:kooky: :laugh:

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:
Gotta love the white water!!!
:ROFLMAO
"pretended I was a dolphin" :laugh:

storminsteve
12-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey guys thanks glad you liked. Something about the whitewater king monty just inspired me!:scared: :kooky::HappyWave:

cowherder
12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Dark - couldn't resist!:HappyWave:

Thu PM 12-28.....
Since I knew of the pending storm....had to get out there....
There may not have been a feeding window...but I felt it was a fishing window......

Started the night off in true googan style...:bucktooth:
The wind was 25mph variable, NW, W, N, NE.....very cold......30 with wind chill putting it into the teens...
Was wearing many layers of clothes, and as I got on the beach and went to take a leak...I peed on my leg.... :o

That set the tone for a miserable 2 hours in the dark.....fished it hard but the wind and cold were brutal, never letting up until it was almost dawn....
Had to stop every half hour b/c couldn't feel my fingers.....

Not a great night out there.....no action or excitement at all for me....:skunk:other than a wet leg....:laugh:
Finally ran out of energy and collapsed in the car for a few hours sleep.....
(Yes my leg was still wet where I peed on myself)....:bucktooth:.....Good times.....:kooky:

:ROFLMAOThis is classic, I hope you don't mind if I repost these quotes about you dark.:HappyWave:

Monty
12-30-2012, 12:41 PM
This is one of my favorites by Finchaser:

"This causes a chum slick in his case,and must smell like the bilge of a boat. To amuse yourself while you soak do you fart and bite at the bubbles???????????????"

plugcrazy
12-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Chum bubbles, lol.:kooky:

buckethead
12-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Dark the roving googan. If he can't find the fish he shoots a ray of deadly pee on them or suffocates them with fart bubbles.:ROFLMAO Would make a great youtube video dark. JMO:HappyWave:

hookedonbass
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I liked these under the dead things thread

I found lots of dead stuff in 2010. Almost nothing in 2012. Steve is like zoned in on finding dead stuff. Dark finds one headless torso and thinks he's like Dead Stuff Finding King :HappyWave: .

Suspense........Urghh :ROFLMAO

:cool:Dead stuff - always cool. Unless you wake up in bed next to a dead person. Then you might go to jail for that.

:clapping:You guys sound like you're 5 years old. lol.
3 5 year olds on the playground:

"Well I found a dead rat"

"Well I found a dead cat with a rat in its mouth!"

"Well I found a dead cat, stuck in a horrible position, there was a dead rat attached to it in coitus interrupti, with onset of rigor mortis. Can you top that?"
Ni**** please!:beatin:

storminsteve
01-02-2013, 10:04 PM
^^^ Wake up and smell the roses the fish are gone the fat lady sang ocean temp this morning was 41 the creeks and lagoons are frozen. Last winter was a freak of nature. If you like the cold,peace and solitude sleep on a chase lounge in your yard the results will be the same.

The roses are smelling pretty sour lately. The stink of the fat lady's unwashed armpits is overpowering any sweetness that could be out there.

:laugh:I thought this was funny, found in winter fishing

(just wanted to add, that could be dark's armpits as well):HappyWave:

DarkSkies
01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
^ Steve, you're another one..as bad as the OGB......:moon:...next time I run into ya after a night of marathon fishing,..I'm gonna grab ya in a bear hug, and release the deadly rotten egg gas from those eggs I eat on the road.......:HappyWave:

Hookset, liked your description of the fat lady... pretty creative....:thumbsup:

ledhead36
01-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Quick story about this pic. On the night I shot it, the winds were churning up the sea in a noreast weather patterm. The full moon high tide was extremely high, coming over the walls of the inlet.

The Noreast offshore swell, coupled with a strong incoming tide, actually pushed some big waves into the inlet.

At one point someone yelled:

"Look out it's a Tsunami !" :scared:

It really wasn't, but at that moment we saw 8' waves coming in the inlet behind 2 boats. They could have been bigger, as we saw them start to overtake those 2 boats. The boats gunned it with all they had, beat the wave, and avoided surfing the crest of the wave. It was awesome to watch for a few seconds though, when it could have gone either way.

Never underestimate the power of the sea. :fishing:

"Never underestimate the power of the sea."

dark your post reminded me of the clam boats that go out every year from Belford. I remember one winter about 6 years ago when one sank and at least one of the crew drowned. Sad stuff. The sea yes she has some power. just look at what Sandy did to Romer shoals - now it's just apile of rocks.

albiealert
01-06-2013, 04:50 PM
This was in the nomad thread. I don't know wheather to :laugh: or :upck:

There are few real pleasures in life as you get older.
One of them is being able to sit your butt down on a toilet seat that's not ice cold when you have to dump. :laugh:
Another one is finding a bathroom nice enough to take a nap in....:kooky: ;)

storminsteve
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Monty and white water, rofl!

Thanks Stix....Awesome pics, been awhile since I fished, Urghh... I get the urge to cast when I flush the toilet and see the white water.

ledhead36
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Close talkers and enjoying the beach funny stuff surfwalker and jigfreak!

Things I do enjoy:
It's just easier to be on my own. Walk where I want (most times). Come and go as I please. Listen to the sounds that the ocean has to offer, stormy or calm. Pull in a Bass, enjoy the experience, by myself. It's about personal satisfaction, either catching or not, it's the attempt. Just enjoying the time out there, no matter what. Selfish? Anti-social? Who cares.

As far as smelling, Nah, I don't smell. But awhile ago I casted with some characters that used to carry hard boiled pickled eggs with them on the walk. They were close talkers. On those full moon nights they would take a break and talk. Nothing like smelling their breathe and looking at their goat -tees, loaded with bits and pieces of egg, made me gag. Even thinking about it on the way home made me gag. Nothing personal, I think I'll just walk alone.

Don't like the close talkers SW. Most of them have bad breath. I fish alone toio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipeh0WFAnhc

cowherder
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Haters abound, the guy who was talking about you never fishes, never posts a report, and has nothing but negativity. Haters gonna hate, cause all they do is masturbate.:laugh:

My report - fished this morning and I did NOT catch 20 to 30 fish. I should just quit now.:2flip: :ROFLMAO NOT! :HappyWave:

Awesome!! I want to be a regular too!

dogfish
01-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm just a foot soldier in the googan army, who happens to be relentless, once I find fish...to the point that I won't leave if I feel there is one more fish to be caught.....

And, as Monty and others so charitably mentioned, :moon:
a. sleeping in my car or a public bathroom.....:upck:
b. Not bathing for up to 2 days at a time.....
c. smelling like a dumpster (that basstard Finchaser greatly exxagerates everything....):moon: :laugh:
d. Going with a few hours sleep for days on end..are all sacrifices I have made, to find and stay on a bite when it develops......
You're less likely to catch a bigger bass in the middle of a sunny day at high noon....than at 2am........(all other things being equal, and not accounting for bunker blitzes)..and that's what I'm looking for each trip out....

Remember folks, it's not about when you want to fish....
It's about when the fish want to feed......"The fish wait for no one......" :learn:

Footsoldier in the googan army was the coolest part.:HappyWave:

7deadlyplugs
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
I liked montys quote he made an equation out of fishing awesome job monty.:clapping:
It was in the death comes to surf zone thread

I have an equation that I use to when I can get out there and fish.

I go fishing when (X +Y + Z) < F and S < 1

X = Pressure from family not to fish (family stuff/commitments, etc.)
Y = Pressure from work not to fish
Z = Doing fishing stuff like tying teasers/tail hooks, making leaders, working on plugs (fun fishing stuff)
F = The fun I have fishing
S = Pain in shoulder unbearable (pain bearable = 0)

Lots of pressure/commitments/stuff during the winter to not fish, otherwise I would be out there whenever I could weather permitting.

Do have a bunch of fishing stuff that I find enjoyable lined up for the winter
- Tying teasers (will try to make some like SurfStix)
- Change grips on a few rods
- Bunch of plug work I want to do
- Tie tail hooks, make some leaders

storminsteve
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree sharkhart. thanks for the right on opinions finchaser. ds thanks for the effort getting out there. Fishing the salt in 13 degree temps is a little off the charts for me. I think I am done till the Spring.

5 year Timeline for becoming a successful Facebook or Internet fisherman:

Year 5 - sit on bucket, catch bass on clams. Only go where the fish are thickest in spring and fall. Base all your fishing on fishing reports and following them.
Year 4 - sit on bucket, catch bass on clams, find bunker pods in spring, catch a few 30 lb fish in spring blitzes with your pencil popping skills or snag and drop.
Year 3 - after 2 years of sitting on bucket, become curious about throwing plugs and artificials other than a bunker blitz. Learn how to throw diamond jig at fall Island Beach Blitz. Catch 200 fish doing that. Start reporting on the internet and facebook about how you have been killing them for years at Island Beach in the fall blitzes. Make one trip to Montauk in October. Catch 25 fish. Start reporting on your epic fishing at Montauk. All of a sudden, having been up to montauk one time during a blitz, you become an expert on montauk and fishing in general.
Year 2 - the striped bass become harder to catch on artificials because there are less. You go back to catching fish on clams because you don't want to fish at night and it could be dangerous. You have fair success with clams when the water is cold or fish are hungry. Clams are the way to go you tell everyone.
Year 1 - Start your own Facebook page, claiming you have been fishing for almost 10 years :kooky: and have fished all over (Doesn't going to Montauk once or twice count?) Start making fun of other fishermen who you claim are less than you. Read everything you can about fishing on the internet, rather than putting in time on the water to learn different skills. Tell everyone you are crushing all the bass everytime you fish. You never get skunked. You are too good to get skunked.

You have finally arrived - you have become a facebook fishing expert.:rolleyes:

facebook fishing expert. Bucketheads is the quote of the week for me. Winter fishing, awesome! :cool:

basshunter
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I liked montys quote he made an equation out of fishing awesome job monty.:clapping:
It was in the death comes to surf zone thread

I agree. Monty the mad scientist of surf fishing.

buckethead
01-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks Steve. What can I say it is the truth. You can see it every day on facebook.

seamonkey
01-25-2013, 07:46 PM
that was funny right there buckethead!

storminsteve
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
As I said, just sheep blindly following the flock. Learn how to use the basics like bucktails, jig and rubber, and hopkins, and some loaded bombers or mambos, and you will catch more fish even when other guy are out and can't pull one in to save their lives.

:thumbsup:jigfreak said this in the berkeley thread. pretty cool

BassBuddah
03-10-2013, 08:56 AM
dogfish fishing dreams rofl

My best dream was one night when I had been out fishing, Came back, smelling like fish. Was still single then. I dreamed I was jigging on a rowboat. I don't know what hit the jig but it hit like a freight train. BOOM! Then drag was screaming. It was pulling me and the small boat out to sea. Had no idea what it was but I remember getting panicked in the dream. It kept pulling me out further and further. The waves were getting bigger. Then I remember one splashed me in the face. I woke up with a jolt. Turns out because I was so drunk I had pissed myself.
Moral of the story when you are drunk make sure you take a leak before you go into your bedroom at night to pass out.

ledhead36
03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
then I asked him why are you fishing with a plug that does not swim?,he said,,,i don't know but, I have caught fish on this lure before.I said ok.
then I explained to him why I asked him so many questions.sometimes the simple answers pass right by us and we don't see the picture.

R-P

Ripplugger said this.very true

Monty
03-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Some guys sit on their fat asses and wait till everyone is catching unti they set foot out the door. What happened to the old fashioned way of fishing and going out there and taking your skunks along with the catches?
Well said ledhead, its fishing, fishing is supposed to be fun, catching is only a part of fishing.

jigfreak
03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Amen. X2 ledhead and monty.

finchaser
03-23-2013, 11:45 AM
x3 keep those cell phone batteries charged new breed. Old fashion that breed of men doesn't exisit any longer

storminsteve
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM
hookset said it so funny.
Meat men.:clapping:

Do the math there are less fish. If that was not true more people would be catching more fish. But they are not.
Clueless, brain dead meat men. Fill the box because I can. When there are none left I will whine. Give me another Ballantine. :2flip:

albiealert
05-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Life is a series of events. You hope you make them all but are not looking forward to the final curtain.

Profound, ledhead.

surferman
05-12-2013, 12:26 AM
loved this one

Something to lighten it up a bit

Mikey the Meat Man - sung to Popeye the sailor man

I'm Mikey the Meat Man. I'm Mikey the Meat Man.
I'm an internet hero, the bass I throw back are zero.
I'm Mikey the Meat Man.

If about saving the bass you squeak, you must be a peta freak
Or like mens derrierres.
I hooks 'em and fillets 'em and always out weighs 'em
And none of 'em gets away nowhere.

If anyone hates my bonus tag, well your nothing but a ***
So keep your bass lmit every day, blame the head boats its the american way

I'm Mikey the Meat Man.

I give bass to the poor, cause they live in a sewer.
If they can't have looseys, the stripahs are sweet and juicy.

Change the law dont give me crap
Otherwise shut your stinkin trap.

If I can't put meat in a can I'm not a man.
Dont give me no quarter its an all out slaughter on the water.

I'm Mikey the Meat Man. :moon:

williehookem
08-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Thought this was funny.

I actually got wood, in my pants, watching that Aussie rockfishing video. Not ashamed to admit it.;)

storminsteve
02-24-2014, 12:08 PM
^^^^ Rubbing florida and real lap dances in our faces. *** is a "real" lapdance? Here's wishing you a bad sunburn and that some foul tasting crab infested public hairs end up in your mouth. Have a blast, dude.:2flip:

This was in the ol man winter thread. Just the thought of bababooey with rancid public hairs in his mouth has me rofl!!!!:clapping:

Monty
03-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Taken out of context and cowherder is likely the last guy you want to run into fishing....:HappyWave:

I am going fishing more and will hopefully run into more dead things.

cowherder
03-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Thats funny!! what I should have said is I want to find some more dead things. I think you should have a rule that they count if you come up on them while fishing or walking the beach. Not like storminsteve who is probably driving all over NJ taking pics of road kill to compete with us.:moon: :plastered:

Monty
03-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Thats funny!! what I should have said is I want to find some more dead things. I think you should have a rule that they count if you come up on them while fishing or walking the beach. Not like storminsteve who is probably driving all over NJ taking pics of road kill to compete with us.:moon: :plastered:

Yup, ya should have reworded that one :ROFLMAO
On the bright side, there won't be a lot of people mugging you :HappyWave:

cowherder
04-05-2014, 12:22 PM
^^^^ Rofl monty good one!:HappyWave:
I thought what hookset said should be the quote of the week. I agree.

^^^^^That's cause they're internet fishermen porgy. Common mostly to NJ this species of girl scouts sits comfortably indoors until they hear of multiple keeper fish on the video weigh in or tackle shop boards. Then they come out in droves. Especially common when the bunker show up. The sharpies who only fish for 3 months a year are out. You can spot them by their top shelf rods reels and surf bags. If you haven't spent $3k to get dressed in the latest surf wear that morning you cant be in the club. cell phones help them to find the fish. They sit on the internet and poke fun at everyone else until the big blitz happens.
Scouting or looking for early fish on their own? Never happen with this crowd.

cowherder
07-29-2014, 05:48 PM
We all have good nights out there. It's the not so easy ones that show strength of character. How many folks are willing to stick with it in spite of poor odds.

really like that quote. Well said bucket.

seamonkey
10-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I also stopped at Wawa for the mega large cup o joe to keep the edge on when fishing. Big mistake. Within 1 hour when I was out searching for the weakies my stomach started grumbling. I found an abandoned trash filled Sandy house lot (no public toilets for miles where I was - I'll rant on that in another thread). The battle in my stomach got real bad. I had no tp so I had to use a fishing rag and it was not pretty. I barely was able to get my drawers down before Mt Vesuvious erupted. Glad I was close to the water because I needed to make one trip there to wet the rag to clean things up.
Moral of the story - do not eat from an unknown greasy spoon restaurant where you never ate before and top it off with Wawa coffee on a night when you are out fishing in an area that doesn't have too many public toilets.

.Well its 5am i get out after a long walk to the waters edge make a few casts and all of a sudden i get this ungoddly feeling in my stomach that felt like a 5 gallon bucket of lava was gonna erupt out of me...Knowing what was coming i started to make my way to the nearest bathroom(that wasnt very close at all)SO i was about to blow and barley got my waders and pants off and made it just in the nick of time:laugh:....Best part was i was so mad that i had walked all the way out and then all the back that i wasnt going to do the walk again so i decided to hit a beach that had a very short walk...Well that duece saved my day cause 1st cast i hooked up and then caught 7 more after that....hahaha it doesnt ever work like that but i guess that poop saved the day for me!!!!Went home happy not smelling like the skunk or a pile of S***!!!

This is hilarious!
Mt Vesuvius and Poop saving the day! LOLing at these posts gents they are funny as hell!

surfstix1963
10-26-2014, 05:16 AM
You guys are a pissa (well Shitters)I never eat anything other then toast and coffee.I've been in some dire situations over the years so I know where your coming from.I don't walk anymore so I never leave home without the bucket fitted with a toilet seat and heavy bag for old man comfort and always keep a few rolls of TP in the truck.One thing I learned don't eat in NJ greasy spoons.No wonder Dark is sleeping in portable crappers :laugh:

basshunter
10-26-2014, 03:48 PM
haha this is so funny and disturbing at the same time!

surferman
11-21-2014, 08:18 AM
In the facebook fishing thread. Pure truth!

They only come out spring and fall blitz time. Most stay home when its freezing like it was last nite which is ok with me. And the rudeness and mugging -saw that in the other thread don't get me started. One of these days I'm going to take a dump on some of these muggers heads. That might learn them some manners.

I still catch because I know the cuts and troughs and re-scout after every storm. To catch more than one now you have to be on your game, not just on your cell phone.

Monty
12-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Bababooey ending 2014 on a high note :ROFLMAO

Have been away for a while and not able to participate in fishing or the finer things in life. Wishing all you and your families the best for Christmas and New Year!:HappyWave:

No I had some surgery. It was the penis surgery. My penis was too large and I had some complaints. So I had it reduced.:laugh: Best wishes to you as well.

DarkSkies
12-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Can we post texts in this thread?
Lately I have been getting all these texts about pork, and parmesan, from a Santa Claus imposter.;)
Anyone wanna fess up to the pork and parmesan on the brain? :ROFLMAO :HappyWave:

hookset
04-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Can we have some deep thoughts here too?
If a school of bunker gets savaged by big bluefish and chopped into little pieces- can you hear them scream?:laugh:

fishinmission78
04-28-2015, 08:36 AM
^^^^Haha love that the silent scream of the poor bunker!

surfrob
04-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Life Lesson: things can always be worse

Life lesson: strike while the iron is hot

Murphy was an optimist.

Blazin420
04-29-2015, 03:08 PM
When you leave home early in the AM and think you've taking care of that morning "duce" only to walk all the way to your spot and have the most diabolical feeling in your stomach and having a crap that came from satan:devil: on deck knowing your in no way going to make it to a bathroom in time!!!!! Hahaha absolute WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!!

surfrob
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Blaze... that's the worst thing about growing older.

'nuf said!

edit: ok pertinent to the thread...

as ol'Jack stated: NEVER trust a fart

storminsteve
04-29-2015, 08:26 PM
When you leave home early in the AM and think you've taking care of that morning "duce" only to walk all the way to your spot and have the most diabolical feeling in your stomach and having a crap that came from satan:devil: on deck knowing your in no way going to make it to a bathroom in time!!!!! Hahaha absolute WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: I was home chilling out and saw this. Spit my beer all over the screen! Blaze you owe me a beer! This is the funniest post I read all spring!!!! Nasty but rofl at the same time! Yes I have had that happen to me and it's not pretty. Surfrob sometimes its NOT just a fart. The liquid running down your leg makes it real.

plugcrazy
04-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Surfrob sometimes its NOT just a fart. The liquid running down your leg makes it real.

:upck: Threw up a bit in my mouth when imagining that visual. some sick stuff. You guys are mental. Keep em coming!
I can't even come close to that example. One time I was out fishing. Made the trip to wawa and had 2 giant coffees. Didn't want to miss any bites by falling asleep. You know when mt vesuvious is ready to explode you start to feel the rumbling. I used my home depot orange bait bucket as the quick relief toilet. Washed it out but didn't want to bring it home with me so I left it in the dunes.

lostatsea
04-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Awesome stuff guys! The old man and the sea.
Life lesson: when you have to go you have to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_eqrmzWJ4A

cowherder
09-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Every single discussion online is about which fantastic new technology can catch more fish. If the guys who were in the striper time video today could see all the namby pamby guys out fishing today they would probably puke!
And what about the guys who use blue gloves when fishing so they dont have to touch the bait!

jigfreak
09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
And what about the guys who use blue gloves when fishing so they dont have to touch the bait!

The dudes who use blue gloves are pu**ies and should be banned from fishing.

jigfreak
10-15-2015, 02:30 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks for the applause. I believe a man should do what he says and if you are real you live your life by your words. I have run into jokers like cell phone gangs in the past. When that happens and they come in to mug me and my friends, I figure out the leader's car or truck and make a mental note of who the d-bag is. The next time I see that car or truck I will go over and take a long pi** on the door handle. If you are one of those d-bags and you go to open your car or truck door one day and you feel wetness and it hasn't rained, do yourself a favor. Do not lick your fingers they will taste very salty.

basshunter
10-15-2015, 02:37 PM
LOLOL love that! Dude you have ballz!

storminsteve
10-15-2015, 02:55 PM
have run into jokers like cell phone gangs in the past. The next time I see that car or truck I will go over and take a long pi** on the door handle. If you are one of those d-bags and you go to open your car or truck door one day and you feel wetness and it hasn't rained, do yourself a favor. Do not lick your fingers they will taste very salty.

"Do yourself a favor do not lick your fingers."
Quote of the month! I would love to buy you a beer someday. Like you said you do what you say. Kudos!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hookset
10-30-2015, 01:46 PM
There are a few things to remember about the surf cams. They only show a certain area unless you view one that has panning features. There could be a blitz a mile up or down the beach and you would never know. They are helpful if you are looking at a few of them to get a sense of the swell that day. Of course if you see a bunch of little dots in the distance all clustered around you know either it is opening day of blackfish, fluke, etc, or they are out there bailing stripers or blues. The way this season is going you might not see it on the cam. Isolated patches of fish except for up in the raritan bay where they are doing pretty well.
The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.;)

surferman
10-30-2015, 02:38 PM
The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.;)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Quote of the year!

finchaser
10-30-2015, 03:09 PM
:clapping:on the go out and try

jigfreak
12-06-2015, 12:48 PM
You guys who are not on facebook are missing out.
Some of the grains of precious facebook wisdom I have been reading recently, regarding fishing in NJ right now

"This is only the beginning! Heard there is a big body of fish coming from Montauk and they are on herring! When they get here it will be even better!"

"Wow this is truly epic! I fished all day, in the morning got into a 30 minute blitz and my friends and I got over 10 stripers apiece! Some of them were up to 27 inches. Awesome day out there get out there now!"
(so most of your fish were caught in a 30 minute window and thats epic to you? ROFL)

"I caught 22 stripers today but they were all shorts. Hope the big ones get here soon!"

"This fishing is lights out. Best fishing I have ever seen! I got 5 stripers and one blue today and left them biting!"

"Fished ortley and it was fantastic! Bent rods up and down the beach! The most awesome bite in my life!"
(Yeah if your life began 3 years ago, it truly would be)

And what is it with the photo opp guys posting instantly in realtime?
I caught 2 short bass in a row last night on 2 casts. The rest of the night I had to cast and cast to get fish, and did miss a few. Unfortunately when I got my biggest fish there were people around and I got mugged. Guy was on his cell phone telling his buddies as he came within range. Are you effing kidding me? Real time fishing reports blabbing to the world exactly when and where you got them with gps coordinates tagged into the photo. Unbelievable.

I told him, dude you have exactly 3 seconds to get the eff out of my face and step off or I'm shoving your cell phone up your A**. He moved away real quick after that. What is this world coming to that we are seeking glory from someone else's fish instead of seeking and hunting for our own? I just don't get it.

baitstealer
12-06-2015, 01:02 PM
I told him, dude you have exactly 3 seconds to get the eff out of my face and step off or I'm shoving your cell phone up your A**. He moved away real quick after that. What is this world coming to that we are seeking glory from someone else's fish instead of seeking and hunting for our own? I just don't get it.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Quote of the week! Awesome report and response man. Fantastic to hear there is someone out there who puts rude intrusive people in their place. Kudos to you and congrats.

jigfreak
12-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Got to keep it real. Thanks.

plugcrazy
12-08-2015, 08:55 AM
TIf you are one of those d-bags and you go to open your car or truck door one day and you feel wetness and it hasn't rained, do yourself a favor. Do not lick your fingers they will taste very salty.

Where's the like button for this, way to fight back. Bam!