PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on fishing opposite a Full or New Moon?

storminsteve
01-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I was down at the beach today to try my luck. I know there is a thread here about the full and new moon fishing. I would rather fish then as it seems the current is better and I feel it's a better time to be out there.
This morning I was there around low tide, and it just seemed it took forever for it to come in again.
When that happens I don't feel confident about catching much but you go when you can so I was down there casting to the structure, got one rat.
Just wondering what you guys might do and how you approach fishing off-cycle when the tides are less strong? thanks in advance

jigfreak
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
You have to adjust. for a full moon you can still fish the end of the tides as they are strong, if you have water.

For other than those times I have found mid tide to be better. Bass love current look at their tail size. There is current running along the beach or cuts during the tide. If the current is too weak I don't like it either as it seems the fish are not chewing as much. So go there and see when the current is strongest and fish it. Good luck

cowherder
01-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks for that jigfreak. I was wondering the same thing that steve was. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do when the wind is in the same direction as the bay and empties all the dirty water into the ocean?

wish4fish
01-05-2013, 01:38 PM
fish clams or bunker dude go big or go home!

storminsteve
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks jigfreak.

jigfreak
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Your welcome guys

albiealert
01-06-2013, 04:53 PM
It seems you are asking this about fishing the surf. I can add that I fish rivers in Ct a lot. If the tide is not a full moon it can be good because you can fish a larger part of it. When the moon tides are here you are more limited and have to be exact about when you start fishing or the tide will be too strong.

basshunter
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks for sharing that.

buckethead
01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
You have to adjust. for a full moon you can still fish the end of the tides as they are strong, if you have water.

For other than those times I have found mid tide to be better. Bass love current look at their tail size. There is current running along the beach or cuts during the tide. If the current is too weak I don't like it either as it seems the fish are not chewing as much. So go there and see when the current is strongest and fish it. Good luck

Couldnt have said it better myself.

finchaser
01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
X2^^^^^^^