PDA

View Full Version : Review: Tica Surf rod Series

DarkSkies
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
There are other threads on here reviewing rods, reels, and all the products surf fishermen use in our Product review forums.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?15-Product-Review-Forums
I may merge this with another Tica thread, if there is one, when I get a chance....otherwise in this thread I'll talk about the Tica I'm currently using for the surf....

Anyone else with Tica specific comments feel free to jump in.
Both negative and postive are ok. Our goal here is to bring honest and accurate reviews to our readers. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
01-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm going to talk about my experiences with the Specific Model Tica
UMGA 80 MH 1S

Anyone else wants to talk about their Tica rod and opinions, good and bad, feel free....thanks. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
To begin with, I would say that your choice of gear should fit your lifestyle and how hard you fish.
If you only fish occasionally, your needs may be different than those of us who fish more often.

These are the factors you should take into consideration...your needs....not what everyone else says is cool, or awesome...:rolleyes:
If you do this, in the long run you will be more satisfied.

DarkSkies
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I am very tough on my equipment and gear. I am out there at night in some extreme environments. I break stuff, often. I lose stuff, fairly frequently.
I'm a person who doesn't treat my gear the nicest either, as Fin is so kind to point out....:HappyWave:

So for strictly surf, I might need a lighter rod or one with different features. I got this one (courtesy of Fin's connections) because I am always breaking stuff, or abusing it some way or other.

This is the rod I use for inlets, rivers, rips, jetties...and bluefish blitzes. :cool:

DarkSkies
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I think retail is around $100.
I don't like to shill for any one product, and am very leery of famous surf folks who do...I feel when you do that it brings your judgement and ethics into question...using the well known examples some of ya's have talked about...where a famed person uses a product because he receives compensation (money or non-money) to report favorably on the product.

finchaser
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I am very tough on my equipment and gear. I am out there at night in some extreme environments. I break stuff, often. I lose stuff, fairly frequently.
I'm a person who doesn't treat my gear the nicest either, as Fin is so kind to point out....:HappyWave:

So for strictly surf, I might need a lighter rod or one with different features. I got this one (courtesy of Fin's connections) because I am always breaking stuff, or abusing it some way or other.

This is the rod I use for inlets, rivers, rips, jetties...and bluefish blitzes. :cool:

Under statement your tackle has a hard life if it could it would run away from home

surfstix1963
01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
So I hear.How can you catch fish when your losing & breaking everything,takes a lot of time to keep re-rigging and getting other rods out of the truck.Unless you carry 4 rods and a Googan bucket:d. I always get a chuckle when I see that lean the rods up against the bucket then the rods fall in the sand first thing they do lets wash them off in salt water and more sand, Gotta love it good entertainment.You need to slowwwww down and relax,every year will just get worse with the bass anyways at this point why get hurt over it.:HappyWave: