PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Poles

Monty
01-23-2013, 06:07 AM
What is the rod length that you normally use fishing bayside (not from a boat).

storminsteve
01-23-2013, 08:38 AM
I looked at this title and thought it was going to be about Polish chicks.:pig: Or Monty's rants, this one on the failings of Polish people.:HappyWave: I'm part Polish so have to stick up for the ancestors.
I like a 8 to 9' rod. At Sandy Hook bayside in the rips I might bring a little bigger one if the fish are out further.
I like the shorter rod because it's easy to bring the fish in . Just my preference though.

hookset
01-23-2013, 08:55 AM
What steve said. If you are fishing at night and targeting bass close in imo you don't need a big stick. fishing a rip the fish could be a tad more distant to I would use a bigger stick to reach them.

Monty
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
I looked at this title and thought it was going to be about Polish chicks.:pig: Or Monty's rants, this one on the failings of Polish people.:HappyWave: I'm part Polish so have to stick up for the ancestors.

:HappyWave: :ROFLMAO

I have used a 10 footer mostly until this past year. Started using an 8'6"rod a bit more.
The rods are light, so no real issue with fatigue. I like a rod that I can cast for distance, can cover a lot more area. Have caught lots of fish in the back on looong casts.

fishinmission78
01-25-2013, 01:20 PM
The rods are light, so no real issue with fatigue.

Avoiding fatigue is a good thing. I guess it's where you fish. For a lot of south jersey back bays you really don't need long casts. Concentrating on structure. I use a 8 or 8 1/2 foot happy with that and I can cast it over and over. Your back bay area may be bigger, From what I remember when I was up there the Raritan Bay goes from Sandy Hook to Brooklyn. That's a pretty long cast. lol

buckethead
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Have caught lots of fish in the back on looong casts.

You have to be referring to the place of looong walks, where looong casts are sometimes required.;) :HappyWave: