PDA

View Full Version : Help with winter fishing boundaries

williehookem
02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I know inlets and bays are closed to striped bass after Dec 30. In LI the ocean is closed too. Someone wrote about the colregs regulation or something like that. Does anyone know more?

cowherder
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Not sure of that exact regulation williehookem, but over in jersey I think that line extends to the front of the inlet where you can't fish. Like between the north and south sides. I think you can fish the ocean sides but not sure

finchaser
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Simple example manasquan inlet and most inlets the demarcation line is the 2 markers on the inlet. If you put a chain connecting them you can fish east of the chain not on the west side. So that closes the inlet ,river and bay. The Ocean side of the inlet rocks remains open

cowherder
01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks finchaser I was just going over that. Out here fishing and took a break away from the cold. Actually not that bad the ocean is like a lake.

captnemo
01-03-2016, 10:54 AM
2016 Winter thoughts.......

*** A. Please remember that all NJ waters "out back" are closed to striped bass fishing until March 1. I know a lot of folks have their favorite Winter fishing places, and lots of fish are caught. I'm not passing judgement here. It's up to every angler to know the law and abide by it. Otherwise, we would have anarchy.

:fishing:

Saw that dark posted this and thought it appropriate for a bump for the colregs demarcation line.