PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Stories - My Fish Tails PART 2

SharkHart
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I added the balance, its possible I have to fix a few things yet

http://mattchiccfishing.blogspot.com/

hookset
02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Nice read. Almost couldn't get past the pic of the weakie to read the story. She was nice, any estimate of what she weighed?

SharkHart
02-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks, that one was weighed and it was a tad over 14

DarkSkies
02-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Another great job by SharkHart....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When it's cold and nasty out these stories will entertain, over and over. Good luck with the writing and thanks for sharing. :HappyWave:

dogfish
02-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Enjoyed that especially the pics and videos. Thank you shark hart

jigfreak
02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Nice read. Almost couldn't get past the pic of the weakie to read the story. She was nice, any estimate of what she weighed?

yeah I'll agree. Solid fish, good deal.

cowherder
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM

:wow:Wow what a monster! my biggest weakfish was about 5 pounds. Could I ask you how many you have gotten that big? Amazing catches. Thanks for sharing with us sharkhart.

buckethead
02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Thank you for posting that. Great read, nice fish and adventures.

clamchucker
02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed those. Thank you for sharing with us SharkHart

albiealert
02-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Pretty good writing keep up the good work!

hookset
02-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Very nice fish dude.

jigfreak
02-18-2013, 04:04 PM

Every year I worry we wont see the females like that again. Last year was bad more in numbers up to around 5 or 6lbs but nothing like that. That is an awesome catch.

stormchaser
02-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Great winter read. Enjoyed it.

dogfish
02-20-2013, 06:24 AM
"As we walked closer it became clear what it was, a large school of adult bunker was slowly flipping and flopping their way south about 50 yards off the beach? Adult bunker in NJ in the fall was a bit of an oddity, seeing them days before December was just unheard of, could these bunker have brought big bass with them as they often do during the spring run? A snag treble tucked inside my tackle bag was tossed over to my friend who went to investigate the school, the snag rig was taken after a few minutes of live lining a bunker, bluefish. It seemed the new found bait did bring at least something with them. As the morning wore on more and more schools of bunker turned up and soon they were just about everywhere. We made a move about 5 miles north later after lunch and found us more schools of bunker. The flat ocean and mild day and signs of bunker now had lots of fisherman out, there was a decent fleet of boats working the schools about 2 to 3 casts at first the only thing we saw from the surf was an occasional gator bluefish or a chomped in half bunker. But it wasn’t long before a question was answered, a surf angler casting a treble into the bunker schools sunk his hook into the back of large striped bass that appeared to be in the high 30lbs when it was drug onto the beach, the big fish were in fact here with the bunker. The remainder of the day produced no big stripers for the group of surf anglers but later that night when I checked the internet websites there were a fair amount of reports of large stripers caught 20-35lbs for a few boat anglers working right out in front of us. The following morning was a bit of a disappointment, the 6 to 10 class of bass were there working on sand eels but the schools of bunker and bass and blues with them were no where to be seen, vanished as quickly as they materialized the previous day."

Adult bunker 50 yards off the beach. You folks don't know how lucky you are. Thanks for the fish tales.

CharlieTuna
02-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Liked the part about where your friend fell into the water. These things happen you have to have a backup plan. Good deal that you had some dry clothes. You don't want to walk away when the fish are biting.

buckethead
02-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Every year I worry we wont see the females like that again. Last year was bad more in numbers up to around 5 or 6lbs but nothing like that. That is an awesome catch.

Agreed. Every year I think we will see the bigger ones and it hasn't happened in numbers since 2008.

baitstealer
02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I had trouble clicking on the videos. Maybe my browser is slow today? good read anyway thanks for sharing

wish4fish
03-01-2013, 12:31 PM
dude awesome fish u r the king o the weakies tite lines and good fishin this year!

VSdreams
04-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Nicely done dude. Tight lines this year and good luck!