PDA

View Full Version : Darkskies is delusional!!!!!

storminsteve
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Did anyone else get his texts today?
"Catching bass big time got 2 to 20 lbs already. Come down! Im in the yak it's epic. The window is closing get down here asap!"

Dude I believed you- tilll you texted that you were just busting balls. You got me.:2flip: :laugh:

buckethead
03-06-2013, 09:25 PM
^^^^ storminsteve you are just now coming to that realization?:boring:

storminsteve
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Well buckethead I know he is "out there". :kooky:Anyone that lives in their car for 18 hours at a time and sleeps in port a johns has to be a little psycho. But he got me. I believed it because it seemed he could be out before the storm. He has done nutty stuff before. I guess I wanted to believe it a little too that the bass are here. Bored out of my mind not fishing yet. Can't want to start and the texts had me thinking about getting out there. Dark where are you tonight? You ****, dude!:beatin: :moon:

bababooey
03-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Pfffft....not impressed. If he was such a sharpie he would have been out on the front of one of the inlets like this guy.

Monty
03-06-2013, 10:13 PM
The window is closing get down here asap!"

I was thinking someone closed a window on his head and he went delusional on us for an hour....
He really needs to fish soon.

finchaser
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
yea he sent it to me, I replied bullsh_t. He has totally lost his mind and not firing on all cylinders. first signs were his finger puppets. What a Googan,they explain the term clearly on wicked tuna and he has all the signs of damage

DarkSkies
03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Did anyone else get his texts today?
..... it's epic. The window is closing get down here asap!"
... You got me.:2flip: :laugh:

That shoulda been a clue right there, Steve.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png..when have you seen me use that word in one of my own fishing reports?....:HappyWave:

yea he sent it to me, I replied bullsh_t. He has totally lost his mind and not firing on all cylinders. first signs were his finger puppets. What a Googan,they explain the term clearly on wicked tuna and he has all the signs of damage

:moon: :laugh: :HappyWave: Still got you to laugh, didn't I? Brought some sunshine into your grouchy gloom and doom day....:ROFLMAO :kiss:
You know it could have been true....another few degrees on the water temps and it could have happened....

"EPIC" will no longer be used in fishing vocabulary do to the fact of overfishing or shall I say over-keeping.

Surfstix, Fin, and Monty were one of the few that didn't buy the story...good for you all.....:thumbsup:
I set it up with the post in the Ask Finchaser thread 1 day beforehand....with my questions about Epic fishing.....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8784-Ask-Finchaser/page5

DarkSkies
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
I was thinking someone closed a window on his head and he went delusional on us for an hour....
He really needs to fish soon.

You hit the nail on the head, Monty, as usual....:moon: :HappyWave:
The next time we're out remind me to tell ya the story how I tried to cut a class in high school by climbing out a window and banged my head on the window and got caught...even back in high school I was a goofy Googan.......:laugh:

To everyone else who replied, thanks for the laughs....
Monty mentions the window....I knew there was an actual fishing window on Tues
(explained by Finchaser here...Very thoroughly if I might say so....:thumbsup:)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8784-Ask-Finchaser/page5

I had to work late...it was killing me to think that somewhere I was thinking of going to, there were fish...with no one there to catch them...and now it may take a few tide changes or sunny days to ramp things up again in that place.....

Another inspiration was a prank the Asbury Club played one November a few years ago....
One member sent out pics in the cell phone chain of a few big bass in the 30's...word spread like wildfire...within 24 hours guys were looking for beach blitzes in that area......until it was revealed to be a hoax...thoughts of that egged me on as I did this to you guys yesterday....
The thing that most people didn't catch, was that the guys in the pics had shorts and T-shirt on,.....not likely to be dressed like that fishing in November...

Many guys only pay attention to the fish...the rest is immaterial...and that hoax proved that......

So if ya want an apology, you have it...I'm sorry....:moon: :laugh:
I didn't leave you all hanging...within 2 hours I texted back that I was busting ya's....
I sent it out to about 15 lucky recipients....some of these are guys who hate the internet and catch fish all year without ever looking at a report...:thumbsup:
The best responses I got were like Steve's....."Well we know you are so crazy out there we figured it could be true!"

I also made a lot of people laugh....and got them out of their boredom for a little while......
If you know me....you know that was my intention....laughter is the best medicine for many of life's ups and downs......

I even got that COB surfstix to laugh...:HappyWave:
I think I failed with Finchaser.....but I know I got that grouchy old basstid to crack a smile for a few seconds....:cool:

**I hope ya's all had as much fun as I had with this....there were times I was laughing so hard it was difficult to hit the "send" button on the phone. :ROFLMAO
We all need to fish....I know I will be going stir-crazy until I can get out there...I've put it off for a bit because of work and I'm not eager to chase after the small fish at this time....IMO once the water clears up things will turn a corner....
Stay tuned......:fishing: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
One last quick story about Monty's response....I sensed he didn't believe me, so I kept feeding him details...telling him the fish wait for no one.. trying to goad him into believing...this was the chance of the season to get in on big fish....urging him to take the day off or he would regret it.....

His texts back to me were priceless.....
He told me his boss wouldn't let him take off, so he quit his job, and effumal, he was coming down! :headbang:

Well-played, Monty....you're a good sport. :cool: :HappyWave:

storminsteve
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Hey it's all good dark had some laughs no worres. Payback is a ***** though, april fools is coming.:kicknuts:

bababooey
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Yep I get it now-
darkskies cell phone chain, delusional
finchaser cell phone chain, priceless. Sign me up for the finchaser one when it becomes available. They should make an app for it. He could be rich.:lookhappy:

Monty
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Yep I get it now-
darkskies cell phone chain, delusional
finchaser cell phone chain, priceless. Sign me up for the finchaser one when it becomes available. They should make an app for it. He could be rich.:lookhappy:
:clapping: :ROFLMAO

Thanks Dark for adding some humor to a normal stressful work day (I was hoping to get you to think I did quit my job, would have really made my day).

bababooey
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
I say you are all dilusional. They are only one of the species that we have on our great coast. imo fluke or sea blackfish taste a lot better than striped bass.
This is you fruitcakes chasing them
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7132093/i-want-to-catch-a-big-striped-bass

bababooey
03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
One last quick story about Monty's response....I sensed he didn't believe me, so I kept feeding him details...telling him the fish wait for no one.. trying to goad him into believing...this was the chance of the season to get in on big fish....urging him to take the day off or he would regret it.....

His texts back to me were priceless.....
He told me his boss wouldn't let him take off, so he quit his job, and effumal, he was coming down! :headbang:

Well-played, Monty....you're a good sport. :cool: :HappyWave:

This is monty or dark after they come home from fishing after quitting their jobs
:kooky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjdF45inPA

DarkSkies
03-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Bababooey...the fun in those videos is that there are some of us who have that fantasy but we can't do it....
We're tied into our everyday lives, jobs, responsibilities, committments, schedules...

There are quite a few members here who have had the chance to do that....
It's a powerful draw to think about where they will be on the migration and be able to follow them.
Years ago it didn't matter...you could catch all the bass you wanted in NJ...As things have changed, some have been able to follow them but for most of us it's not practical...

I think, for me at least, that video allows us to think about the things that would fall apart, if we did that....of course with a lot of humor thrown in.....

I also feel that there aren't too many other gamefish (inshore species) that inspire that amount of fever, and addiction, that the striped bass does...
That's just my opinion, and I always appreciate hearing yours.....:HappyWave:

I get a kick out of videos like that...thanks for posting them. :thumbsup:

bababooey
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
No worries, DS. All good. I would still take the finchaser cell phone chain over yours anyday, no offense.:laugh: