PDA

View Full Version : Hi

J Barbosa
03-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Who left a business card on my truck like three years ago in LH? :huh:

My names John and registering for this site was the hardest thing I have done all month. The spam bots must hate your forum.

darkskies it was nice to work with you at Jim's place...your energy level is unreal.

Monty
03-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Welcome aboard John, gotta agree, Dark is unreal :HappyWave:

finchaser
03-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi gotta agree on forum and Dark both unreal

surfstix1963
03-14-2013, 05:17 AM
Same here ^^^^^^

DarkSkies
03-14-2013, 09:44 AM
My names John and registering for this site was the hardest thing I have done all month. The spam bots must hate your forum.

darkskies it was nice to work with you at Jim's place...your energy level is unreal.

Hey John nice to see ya stop by and say hello! :HappyWave:
**1. Spam bots and registration - I tried to offer a detailed explanation it in the sticky at the top of the page ^^....it probably needed to be said, so thanks for mentioning it.

2. Energy level....
The day I worked at Jim's I didn't even have any coffee....felt my *** dragging at the end of the day and really wanted to see all the loose ends finished up....so I kept pushing it.....:headbang:
Believe me, I'm even more amped after I drink one or two 5-hour energy drinks.....that's the only way an old fart like me has the energy to fish all night.....another reason I usually fish alone....:bucktooth:
(and the stench of sweat after climbing around and walking miles of beaches at night) :upck:

DarkSkies
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
^^ As to the 3 mooks who responded after you.....:moon: :HappyWave:
Seriously I think they keep tuning in here for the entertainment value...never know what's gonna happen next.....:laugh:

I can honestly say if you get a chance to see some of their posts and threads they have started here, you will learn a lot.....I'm just a simple goog who has lost his white bucket...but the ones who welcomed you....know some things about fishin.....
Although you may see a lot of ball busting here....they are true, helpful, and honest.....and have some real fishing skills.......:learn:

*(It was good that without really knowing Jim well, you and many others stepped up to the plate to help him. He and his family have been devasted by Sandy and took a big hit financially with no real insurance compensation. So nice to see strangers come together to help someone in need. :clapping:)

As for JBarbosa....a little about him, from the time I spent working with him at Jim's......nice to finally meet ya, John...:cool:
From what I saw, John is pretty motivated..not only in fishing but in life as well..
A lot younger than I expected...but still a fanatic about fishing.....
Fishing with his family ever since he was a tyke.....
And enthusiastic about every trip out there.....:thumbsup:

I found him to have a level of sarcasm, mixed with humbleness, and honesty about people his own age, that hopefully serves him well throughout his life.....it's insight into the big picture that can help us become better fishermen., and people......and I think John has that....nice to meet ya.....welcome aboard...look forward to your contributions and insights here......:fishing: :HappyWave:

dogfish
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the asylum.:HappyWave:

storminsteve
03-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello and welcome John. Look forward to your posts. I read what you guys did for jbreese on the other site. Good deal!:clapping:

albiealert
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi John welcome to stripers and anglers.

paco33
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
:HappyWave:What's up welcome dude.

bababooey
03-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey John, do you have any jokes or stories for us? Where do you fish out of?

CharlieTuna
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
welome to the site. Look forward to your posts.

albiealert
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Welcome to S&A John. Nice to have you aboard.:HappyWave:

rockhopper
03-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Cool to see some new blood. Do you ever fish out east?

J Barbosa
03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
^^ As to the 3 mooks who responded after you.....:moon: :HappyWave:
Seriously I think they keep tuning in here for the entertainment value...never know what's gonna happen next.....:laugh:

I can honestly say if you get a chance to see some of their posts and threads they have started here, you will learn a lot.....I'm just a simple goog who has lost his white bucket...but the ones who welcomed you....know some things about fishin.....
Although you may see a lot of ball busting here....they are true, helpful, and honest.....and have some real fishing skills.......:learn:

*(It was good that without really knowing Jim well, you and many others stepped up to the plate to help him. He and his family have been devasted by Sandy and took a big hit financially with no real insurance compensation. So nice to see strangers come together to help someone in need. :clapping:)

As for JBarbosa....a little about him, from the time I spent working with him at Jim's......nice to finally meet ya, John...:cool:
From what I saw, John is pretty motivated..not only in fishing but in life as well..
A lot younger than I expected...but still a fanatic about fishing.....
Fishing with his family ever since he was a tyke.....
And enthusiastic about every trip out there.....:thumbsup:

I found him to have a level of sarcasm, mixed with humbleness, and honesty about people his own age, that hopefully serves him well throughout his life.....it's insight into the big picture that can help us become better fishermen., and people......and I think John has that....nice to meet ya.....welcome aboard...look forward to your contributions and insights here......:fishing: :HappyWave:

I have surfed and lurked around this site in the past, there are plenty of helpful hints around each corner. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies gave you guys a good overview of me but heres a little more:

Im a young guy (24) and I really like to fish. I have not been able to fish as much as I wanted in the past because of doing both school & work full time. I'm glad thats over as I can now fish a lot more!!

I consider myself a surf rat but I won't turn down any boat trips and I enjoy fishing from my kayak.

I mostly fish the waters I know best which is north of SRI.
I really like nasty weather and thats probably because I like having the beach to myself. I don't play nice with others at times :moon:

I am a self proclaimed tackle *****...I don't collect plugs or anything like that but I have way too many rods. I really like fishing rods :naughty:

ledhead36
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
I really like nasty weather and thats probably because I like having the beach to myself. I don't play nice with others at times :moon:

I hear you on having the beach to yourself now is the time to fish. In another month it will be like opening day of trout season. Agreed the nastier the weather the better. I froze my fingers the other night. No fish but no one else out there at the place I was at either. I figure when they finally turn on we have about 2 weeks before everyone comes out . Then it gets crazy. Welcome to the site lots of good people here.

vpass
03-14-2013, 08:51 PM
welcome aboard john.:HappyWave: