PDA

View Full Version : Dawn or Dusk?

Monty
03-26-2013, 09:16 PM
What do you like fishing more, an hour before dawn into the morning or an hour before dusk into dusk?

I fish when I can, so it ends up I fish into dawn 95% of the time.
I always dread when the sky starts to light up as I really enjoy fishing in the dark and hate the end of the night. My preference is fishing into the dawn. Blues tend to "wake" up, there can be some great magical action false dawn.
I have had a few excellent "dusk" outings too, but I'm a morning person (1:00 AM-7/8:00 AM).
Plus I like a nice sunrise, but overcast and rain (with no sign of the sun) are awesome :headbang:

finchaser
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Both are my favorites depending on time of year / dawn most of year /dusk fall and winter

surfstix1963
03-27-2013, 04:36 AM
^^^^^^ what he said..

DarkSkies
03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I always dread when the sky starts to light up as I really enjoy fishing in the dark and hate the end of the night.

I feel the same way, Monty...:thumbsup:
This is just me, my preference, but I have found for some bites, in my experience, it's over way before dawn. The bigger fish that I have been fortunate to find, seem to be on a different schedule than most of the other fish......It's hard to put their feeding pattern into a window, as at times it is erratic. It's one of the reasons my fishing has spread out from fishing an hour or two at night, to the all-nighters that OGB harasses me for....:moon:

Again, just my experience, but other when the bunker and mullet are here, the coming of dawn, even first light, can signify an end to what has been a great bite....and the part I hate the most, when you see the action drop off and you know in your heart that it's over.....:(

seamonkey
03-27-2013, 08:57 AM
For fishing rivers and back bays I like the sunrise and before. For fishing the ocean I like the end of day into the night.

speedy
03-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Both are my favorites depending on time of year / dawn most of year /dusk fall and winter

yeah what he said ^^^^^^^^^^ i think ...lol

buckethead
11-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Lately it has been an end of day and dusk bite for me. Tryed this morning and came up with nothing.

VSdreams
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
If you guys were striper fishing right now with this cold weather and had to pick a better time sunrise or late afternoon into sunset which would you pick? thanks

bababooey
12-12-2013, 12:33 PM
^^^^^^^How about a 3rd option when it is 30 degrees or below you stay in by the fire and drink a glass of Glenlivet.:bigeyes:

buckethead
12-12-2013, 04:44 PM
VS I would pick late afternoon until sunset. When you go out there ring up bababooey. He has volunteered to bring us all hot chocolate when we are walking off the beach.:HappyWave:

storminsteve
12-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Damn if bababooey is running a hot chocolate catering truck I'm still in!!!!!

Monty
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Damn if bababooey is running a hot chocolate catering truck I'm still in!!!!!

DarkSkies
12-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Looks like bababooey has a new part-time job. :laugh:
Great photoshop Monty. :clapping:

storminsteve
12-13-2013, 03:30 PM
haha thats hilarious monty! Bababooey if you will have regularly scheduled hours let us know! And will you be serving coffee and sandwiches or just the hot chocolate?:HappyWave:

surfrob
12-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I chose the first one, but my favorite time is really the hour before the hour before first light and then into dawn....

DS is, of course, right, but I'm way past the all nighter stage, so early early is the best I can swing.

bababooey
12-14-2013, 08:10 AM

Thanks fellas. Good to know if I need new business ideas when I'm old and broke you have my back.:moon:
buckethead thank you kindly for volunteering me. Don't know how my name came up as I hate manual labor.:laugh:
I went to the trouble of some pricing strategies-
Reg hot chocolate $2/cup
hot chocolate with brandy poured in $5/cup
hot chocolate latte or mocachino chocolate $6.50
I will only be working when its 25 and above so monty will have to fill in on the colder days.:HappyWave:

porgy75
12-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Very cool idea hot chocolate truck even if you are joking. I would love to find a truck like that out there after coming off the beach. As for the sunrise or sunset thing I like sunrise because to me sunrise is the beginning of a new day and when it comes up its awesome. The fish are just a bonus.