PDA

View Full Version : Megabaits

Monty
03-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Until the past year I had never heard of them. Finchaser mentioned the Mucho Minnow is a copy of a smaller Megabait.
They look like quality plastics. No longer made.
Anyone ever fish them?

Here are a few.

http://rocksimpson.com/images/2013_3_24_Megabait.jpg

DarkSkies
03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
This and the mambo minnow are two great early and late season profiles. There is a lot of hype over the SP and how effective it is. I think when people only focus on the SP, they are missing out on some of the plugs that have been around for a lot longer and are proven producers. Maybe it's a case that when something is not produced any more it falls out of favor. I like the idea that people are looking at other alternatives.

When the water is cold, I fish it very slow. If the fish are there these plugs will draw them to hit. Good thread Monty. :HappyWave:

finchaser
03-27-2013, 01:28 PM
I always liked the mega bait in the spring and fall. When they closed their doors I bought 36 JB110 which are the ones pictured. Sp's are in another category with bombers . IMO these out fish the Mombo hands down my last 40 or so bass in 2012 came on the Mucho Minnow knock off of the Mega bait. Since the Mucho i have sold all but 6 mega baits as they still bring top dollar they had that kind of following. The Mucho has a far superior finish so out with old in with the new.

vpass
03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm down to my last 2 Megabaits in Black , and blue. Lost one last year in yellow, just after replacing the hardware. The finish on the megabait has flaked off. I'm thinking of painting them. I caught alot of nice fish on them. I was bidding on ebay for 3 Megabait. I lost the bid they sold for 60 dollars. :kooky:

finchaser
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm down to my last 2 Megabaits in Black , and blue. Lost one last year in yellow, just after replacing the hardware. The finish on the megabait has flaked off. I'm thinking of painting them. I caught alot of nice fish on them. I was bidding on ebay for 3 Megabait. I lost the bid they sold for 60 dollars. :kooky:

I have 4 Original Megabaits olive over a whiteish silver the JB 110's they are 5" and 7/8 ounce. These were a limited production run. I gave them a coat of epoxy finish so factory finish does not peel off and upgraded hardwear. You can have them for $10.00 each shipped to your door.

vpass
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM
I have 4 Original Megabaits olive over a whiteish silver the JB 110's they are 5" and 7/8 ounce. These were a limited production run. I gave them a coat of epoxy finish so factory finish does not peel off and upgraded hardwear. You can have them for $10.00 each shipped to your door.

I'll Take them all, Thanks

PM sent:)

BassBuddah
02-01-2016, 10:10 AM
I like the jb110s as well. Great producers for early spring and late fall. You can still pick them up at garage sales and fishing flea markers for cheap.

J Barbosa
03-18-2016, 09:33 AM
I've had good luck with the original Megabaits and the copycat version made by Guides Secret the Mucho Minnow that FinChaser recommended.