PDA

View Full Version : Costa Rica FYI

toadfish
03-30-2013, 10:53 AM
FYI Just back from trip to Costa Rica. Great place but a word for traveling fishermen. Security made me strip all the line off my reels when I was leaving the country. I don't think the guard was just being an arse,he was very apolegetic,just doing his job he said. Same might happen to other anglers who go there,so just a heads up to stow your reels in checked bag instead of carry on.

vpass
03-30-2013, 12:22 PM
FYI Just back from trip to Costa Rica. Great place but a word for traveling fishermen. Security made me strip all the line off my reels when I was leaving the country. I don't think the guard was just being an arse,he was very apolegetic,just doing his job he said. Same might happen to other anglers who go there,so just a heads up to stow your reels in checked bag instead of carry on.

How did you do? I have a friend that visits Mexico pacific side for Rosters every year, and have some really cools stories. Maybe one day?

toadfish
03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Just had very limited chances to fish,was on a tour with the spouse. Caught hell for showing up late/wet for dinner on the 1st night but was catching 2' ladyfish and 1 other tarpon like fish 3' but don't know what it was. Later in tour fished a rain forest river and got a snook ...100+ miles from the ocean. If I ever get back there It will be for fishing only.

vpass
03-31-2013, 11:48 AM
Just had very limited chances to fish,was on a tour with the spouse. Caught hell for showing up late/wet for dinner on the 1st night but was catching 2' ladyfish and 1 other tarpon like fish 3' but don't know what it was. Later in tour fished a rain forest river and got a snook ...100+ miles from the ocean. If I ever get back there It will be for fishing only.

How could you help yourself, I know i would be in the doghouse.

DarkSkies
03-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Just had very limited chances to fish,was on a tour with the spouse. Caught hell for showing up late/wet for dinner on the 1st night but was catching 2' ladyfish and 1 other tarpon like fish 3' but don't know what it was..

How could you help yourself, I know i would be in the doghouse.

Me too.
A lot of us say we're out there for the fishing, solitude, etc, not necessarily the catching....
But when the fishing turns into catching, and it's a good bite, it's almost impossible for me to walk away from it.....
I've run out of excuses to use. when I'm out there in a good bite, and have been late for something....:blackeye:....
That's one of the reasons my trips have expanded into the night....when there is more time to devote to that bite when you're lucky enough to run into a solid one.....

Thanks for sharing that toadfish...I was living vicariously through your trip as you were texting me....glad ya had a good time.....:HappyWave:

buckethead
04-03-2013, 08:47 PM
sounds like you had a fantastic trip, thanks for sharing. Did you take any pics?

toadfish
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I would be glad to post some of the pics I took but I am a total idiot when it comes to computers. No young folks around to help me till May.

DarkSkies
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Toadfish sent me the pics, posted courtesy of Toadfish....:HappyWave:

In this first pic this a big tree that fell down. The croc is about 3/4 of the way down and on the banks of the river. You can see it right where there is a curve in the branch halfway across and about 3/4 down.

Guy fishing for barracuda with handline.

DarkSkies
04-12-2013, 05:37 PM
River snook

Hermosa Beach

porgy75
04-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Beautiful beaches thanks for sharing.