PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to the OGB Finchaser!

DarkSkies
05-25-2013, 02:46 PM
His birthday is not till tomorrow Sun May 25...but as my nickname is AL (Always Late...) :laugh:
I wanted to make sure I did this early in case I'm not around tomorrow....

He is an old goat.
He is an old grouchy basstid.....

He is crabby,
He is cantankerous.....
He is argumentative..:argue:......even with his best, long-time friends....I hear weekly reports of the epic arguments he gets himself in.....
And please don't mention Obama......you will get an earful......:scared:

He's a crusty old salt, the ones they write the books about...
Weathered face and hands,....with the grizzly unpolished demeanor of someone who has seen the worst, and best, that life, and fishing has to offer, in his decades on this Earth....and has worked hard for every opportunity he had in life.....

He is a tough old bird....tougher than a buzzard.....
The Grim Reaper has come knocking at his door more than once....and the OGB has kicked him down the stairs, causing the Grim Reaper to leave with cuts and bruises.....:kicknuts:

As for the fishing....he has forgotten more in his 57 plus years of fishing on this Earth.....than most of us wll ever know....:thumbsup: :fishing:

One of the true Legends of the Salt...living in NJ....

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?5735-Legends-of-the-Salt-Living-Legends-thread

DarkSkies
05-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Despite our highly publicized battles with each other....and his unrelentless criticism of me and all the stupidity I involve myself in.....he is a true friend....and has been a friend.....to me, and many here,.....even to those who don't appreciate or deserve it....he has been a true friend nonetheless....helping many along the road to fishing over these decades....being the kind of old salt, that would give you the shirt off his back....if that was what you needed.......

Big on curt statements,,,,
Short on Diplomacy.....
And one who does not suffer fools gladly....
What you hear out of him is absolute complete honesty......a refreshing sight, in times where everyone tries to be politically correct or not offend others by the statements they make.....

Still not afraid to express his candid opinions, or offer unedited advice to those he knows.....so generous that even those of us who aren't related by blood....consider him Family.....

Here's to the best surrogate Step-Dad..;)...one could ever ask for..... :clapping: :HappyWave:
May the Lord smile down on you....and bless you with continued Health and Recovery...and at least a few more years.....to fish hard, argue with us all.... and catch em up! :kiss: :birthday:

Pebbles
05-25-2013, 03:23 PM
His birthday is not till tomorrow Sun May 25...but as my nickneme is AL (Always Late...) :laugh:

Ok What am I missing? Is tomorrow Sun May 26th?

I don't want to be known as Mrs. AL so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOB. May God always bless you! :birthday:

DarkSkies
05-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes I am a dork...it is Sun May 26 :bucktooth:

Thank you Pebbles.....:heart:

cowherder
05-25-2013, 04:04 PM
:birthday: :plastered:Thanks for all the times you have helped us with your advice and posts finchaser. For the record I don't think you are grouchy and enjoy reading what you write. Hope you have many more and best wishes for good health!

VSdreams
05-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Happy bday finchaser and here's to you. cheers:plastered:

hookset
05-25-2013, 04:42 PM
good health and wishes for your birthday finchaser

buckethead
05-25-2013, 04:54 PM
As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never point in the wrong direction

May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent.

May you die in bed at 95, shot by a jealous spouse.

May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint!

May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you are going,
And the insight to know when you have gone too far.

May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

Best wishes finchaser hope you have a good one.:HappyWave: :birthday:

Monty
05-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday Finchaser!! Best wishes for a great year!

madcaster
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Happy Birthday Finchaser:HappyWave:

storminsteve
05-25-2013, 06:40 PM
As you slide down the banister of life may the splinters never point in the wrong direction

May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint!

May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday:What buckethead said. I wanted to post something like that but bucket beat me.:moon: :laugh:
May you have many more, and at the end of your life (hoping it is not too soon) may you be in Heaven for one hour before the Devil knows you are dead. Have a blast finchaser and wishing you many happy more! Thanks for all you do and your helpfulness. Cheers!

speedy
05-25-2013, 06:56 PM
:plastered:hey bro happy birthday !!!!:plastered::birthday:

dogfish
05-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Have a good one Sir!

vpass
05-25-2013, 08:14 PM

I like that^ :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Birthday Fin, Hope you have a great day and what Buckethead said happens except the part of the Jealous Spouse,LOl. I hope for you a great day.:birthday:

albiealert
05-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Finchaser:birthday: best of health and happiness in the year ahead. Happy birthday.

J Barbosa
05-25-2013, 10:14 PM
:birthday:
Happy Birthday
:birthday:

baitstealer
05-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Happy birthday fin chaser hope you have many more!

CharlieTuna
05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
finchaser happy birthday and best wishes for good health and happiness. Tight lines

BassBuddah
05-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Happy birthday and many more.

nitestrikes
05-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Cheers and happy birthday finchaser.

jigfreak
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
sorry I missed this. Hope you had a good one.

paco33
05-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Happy birthday wishing you many more finchaser

finchaser
05-29-2013, 08:50 PM
I want to thank all of you for remembering me on my birthday. Sorry It took me so long to respond I was in Cape Hatteras since Saturday Marlin, Tuna and dolphin fishing