PDA

View Full Version : Finding plugs on the beach

madcaster
05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Since braid came along do you guys find as many plugs on the beach as you used too?:huh:

I have only found 2 this year and they both had mono tied to them ...not leader mono

DarkSkies
05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
I found one the other night when I was scouting to give monty a hand with the dead things...;)
Mag Darter with teaser,,,,mono leader, broken braid....the guy had 80lb braid on there....don't know why folks need to use 80 lb unless you're fishing a river with fast current....this was in the ocean, got broken off somehow....

basshunter
05-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Found a Fish-on plugs pencil popper in jetty country last week the morning after the slaughter. Hopefully it will have some good mojo

lostatsea
05-31-2013, 01:32 PM
My best find was after some blitz fishing as well. I was fishing 2 days after that and it was very low tide. It was so low you could walk around to the fronts of the jetties. I got a polaris popper which I used that afternoon to trick a 17lb bass! The best thing about it was because the activity was 2 days before that and the bunker were not all over no one was fishing exept me and some Spanish guys. It was my only fish of the day but it was sweet!

Mike O
05-31-2013, 03:38 PM
:naughty:Hey Dark, thats mine. you can give it to me next time we fish together

great_white_hunter
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Found a bottle popper a few years ago...I've had it just sitting around because it was beat up. Should I try to reseal it before using it? Or just hit it with some paint and give it a whirl?

storminsteve
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Greatwhite hunter if it was the winter I would paint it real nice, seal it, and change all the hardware. Since its summer and there are fish here now I would just fish it! Good luck let us know if you catch any on it.

madcaster
06-02-2013, 08:35 PM
no sure if you guys know the story ...but I found one of monty plugs on the beach a couple of years ago ....I had it hanging in my work shop for a while or so ...I was checking out monty web page ....and sure enough I see it there ..... so I mail it back to him

surfstix1963
06-03-2013, 05:29 AM
braid just breaks the rods nowadays a little give in the line never hurt the hookset, the plugs stay attached to the leader so you will find less.

williehookem
06-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I found this behind an inlet about 2 weeks ago. Can always use another bomber or 2.

williehookem
06-03-2013, 12:07 PM
no sure if you guys know the story ...but I found one of monty plugs on the beach a couple of years ago ....I had it hanging in my work shop for a while or so ...I was checking out monty web page ....and sure enough I see it there ..... so I mail it back to him

Story with a happy ending. Good deal madcaster and hope that brings you good luck this year!

DarkSkies
06-14-2013, 12:54 PM
:naughty:Hey Dark, thats mine. you can give it to me next time we fish together

I found one the other night when I was scouting to give monty a hand with the dead things...;)
Mag Darter with teaser....

^^ Mike, you say that was yours?

No problem.....What kind and color teaser was attached?..;)..

I already gave that particular one away, to keep the Good Mojo going after I tricked it out......If you get the answer to my question right, I'll bring you a mag darter souped up to catch more fish, the next time we meet up......:HappyWave:

porgy75
06-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Hey can anyone jump in on this? I'll guess it was a black and silver mag so it had to be a black teaser. Am I right?

surfstix1963
06-15-2013, 04:23 AM
white w/silver flash.. well that's what I would put on it.