PDA

View Full Version : Which of the two of these would you choose to eat?

Monty
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
If you had to eat one of these which would you choose?

DarkSkies
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I like em both....:drool: but cooked me a mess of sea robin egg sacs before I went out last night.....and took pics, just for Vpass and the other smart asses who have been throwing comments my way......:moon:

BTW....the lobster tomalley.....is the liver and pancreas, and eggs,etc....the green goo, and intestine like innards that is inside the lobster..........(it is not crap, but similar to eating the intestines....etc....)
Monty may have conveniently left that out......to sway ya's to his side of the poll.....
He's a devious basstid....that Monty is.......:laugh:

So the poll should have read.....
Do you choose sea robin egg sacs....
Or lobster goo? :bigeyes:

(me, I eat em both....no fears here....just wanted to clarify for you folks out there,,,,,,):HappyWave:

bababooey
06-09-2013, 05:51 PM
You guys are mental. Lobster poo, sea robin eggs, what next?:kooky:
Monty where is the poll option "no I don't eat it, even with green eggs and ham" What happened to eating regular fish like normal folks?

fyi here - it was in 2008 don't know if it is still in effect but why take a chance? It can lead to brain damage if you eat enough of it like eating crabs from contaminated areas. Maybe that's why some of you are so mental, too many years of eating the wrong food.:ROFLMAO

FDA warns lobster eaters to avoid the green stuff

The government warned consumers Monday not to eat the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, saying it may be contaminated...
By The Associated Press (http://search.nwsource.com/search?sort=date&from=ST&byline=The Associated Press)

Related

Living RSS feed (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/rss/living.xml)

WASHINGTON — The government warned consumers Monday not to eat the soft, green substance found in the body cavity of lobsters, saying it may be contaminated with a toxin.
It's still OK to eat the white lobster meat found in the claws and tails of the undersea delicacy, but the green stuff that most diners already avoid should definitely be discarded this year, said the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Known also as tomalley, the substance acts as the liver and pancreas of the lobster.
A red tide — or algae bloom — ranging from Northern New England to Canada this year has contaminated fishing grounds with high levels of toxins that cause paralytic shellfish poisoning. The federal warning follows similar advisories from public-health authorities in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Canada.
The warning applies to American lobster, which is also known as Maine lobster but is harvested in Atlantic waters from Canada to South Carolina.
Cooking does not eliminate the toxins, the FDA said, but studies have shown that even when high levels are present in the tomalley, lobster meat is usually not affected.
Symptoms of paralytic shell fish poisoning usually appear within two hours of exposure. They include tingling and numbness of the mouth, face or neck, muscle weakness, headache and nausea. Anyone who suffers such symptoms should see a doctor, the FDA said. In rare cases, people who consume a large amount of toxin can suffer respiratory failure and death.

dogfish
06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I have been eating that for years bababooey. never a problem other than the night headaches.:)

seamonkey
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Sea robin eggs have to be the same as striper eggs, no? Sorry but I dont like that stuff inside the lobster I think the tails are excellent with butter sauce but not the rest.

J Barbosa
06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
My parents absolutely go nuts for sea robin eggs...I think your all nuts.

I like fried sea robin strips :drool:

surfstix1963
06-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Sorry Monty but neither

Monty
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Sorry Monty but neither
You need to eat one, eat the lobster poop and get over it. :HappyWave:

basshunter
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
You need to eat one, eat the lobster poop and get over it. :HappyWave:

If you don't eat your lobster poop you don't get any pudding!

jigfreak
06-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Be a real man and eat a cinder worm or tapeworm. That takes balls. Lobster poo or fish eggs are too tame. What would survivor man be eating. He eats grubs and worms. That's the hard stuff.:)

albiealert
06-29-2013, 05:38 PM
^^ I would like to see a survivorman show where he eats all that junk that lives in the bays that we think is disgusting. Now that would be cool!

hookset
09-04-2013, 08:01 PM
My parents absolutely go nuts for sea robin eggs...I think your all nuts.

I like fried sea robin strips :drool:
jbarbose you and dark should hang out. Don't know what happened to you guysb growing up that you would eat junk like that. Did your parents give you too much sugar?:laugh: :kooky:

Be a real man and eat a cinder worm or tapeworm. That takes balls. Lobster poo or fish eggs are too tame. What would survivor man be eating. He eats grubs and worms. That's the hard stuff.:)

I'm with you jigfreak lobster gunk is lobster poo. Same with crabs I clean them before eating. I hope someone doesn't come on here and say they eat the crab poo too. Must have been some lead or toxins in the drinking water when you guys were growing up.

cowherder
09-04-2013, 08:06 PM
:clapping: haha eating lobster and crab poo lol!

DarkSkies
09-05-2013, 12:45 PM
jbarbose you and dark should hang out. Don't know what happened to you guysb growing up that you would eat junk like that. Did your parents give you too much sugar?:laugh: :kooky:

Hookset, have you ever tried sea robin eggs? Maybe JohnB and I know something that you don't.;) ..great nutritional value....you should give them a shot sometime....:HappyWave: